Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

College Hoops '11-'12

Is there already a thread? Didn't see one. I'll nuke this if there is. But anyway.

But anyway watching Kansas-Duke, we are going to hear from both of these teams later in the year (as usual). Great game. Crazy that Duke has never lost a game in this tournament ever. 14-0 with 5 championships, maybe 6 coming up. Let's go Jayhawks!!!

Who do you like? What are you watching? Let's talk some hoops.

Man, Maryland sucks this year. Geaorgetown (my alma mater) looks weakish as well. Better than Maryland though.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk....

Good game by a very young an inexperienced team. Tyshawn Taylor has a long way to go with those 11 turnovers. I think Eli Johnson could develop into a lottery pick this year.

Doc's kid has some game

Yeah and that guy Robinson es muy hombre. That team's gonna be good.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Yeah and that guy Robinson es muy hombre. That team's gonna be good.
    They'll choke in the tourney.

Gary Williams...still a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Ya know, I've been following that guy for years and years and he's always managed to do well but leave things in a shambles whenever he left anyplace.

Calipari-esque? The guy is like snail leaving a slime trail from program to program.

If you guys have nothing else to do on Friday night, ESPN is televising a live rape at 10 pm EDT. #1 UNC plays my 2-2 South Carolina Gamecocks in Vegas.

The mighty gamecocks pulled out a squeaker against Mississippi valley ST at home while trailing for the majority of the game. They LOST to both Elon and Tennessee State. We'll be lucky to keep it within 30.

My team is Purdue. Hummel is looking great, but the rest of the team is young. We definitely had the ability to beat Alabama.

College basketball is the best.

Xavier.

This team is even better than last year's.

2 elite 8s and 5 sweet sixteens in 6 years -- watch out.

Ice, did you go to the Iverson school of spelling when it comes to your alma mater?
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Ice, did you go to the Iverson school of spelling when it comes to your alma mater?
    Heh, I can spell like him, I just wish I could do a crossover dribble like him too.

Big 10 - ACC Challenge tonight.

Let's see if the big ten can win it again this year.

Quote Originally Posted by zartagen View Post
    Big 10 - ACC Challenge tonight.

Let's see if the big ten can win it again this year.
    well they're about to win this first game. Maryland is gonna have a tough year I'm afraid.

edit: oh there was an earlier game too. not sure what happened in that one except the Big 10 team won.

Georgetown looked okay last night even though it was only against Palindrome U.

Is it my imagination or has Bill Raftery been the same age since like 1978?

SHUT UP, VITALE!!!!

^ Yeah. Why does ESPN let him call games? I can't recall anyone saying they actually liked him.

He was kinda offbeat and amusing back in the day but that was like 25 years ago. Now he just fucking talks the whole damn game. Play-by-play guy can barely get a word in.

Duke got pasted. They also looked very tired. Is it me or when watching Jared Sullinger play does anybody else not get what the fuss is about? He's a maybe 6'8 with no jumper and a moderate motor. Care to tell me what he's doing as the front runner for Nat. Play. of the Year. He's a smaller DeJuan Blair? I don't get it.

Oh and once again, Duke is lacking a nasty inside big man. When they won in 2010 it was Zoubeck's return to the line up that sparked them. He got in there and was all elbows and hard fouls. With only the corn-pone plumlee boys Duke isn't destined for an early NCAA exit.(TYPO DUKE IS DESTINED)
    Last edited by lionelhutz; 11-30-2011 at 01:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz View Post
    ...Duke isn't destined for an early NCAA exit.
    You mean "is", right? As much as I hate Duke I agree that they had no life last night, they've been playing a pretty hectic schedule so far. They looked pretty good against Kansas, although the game was a lot closer than he final score. I don't get Sullinger either, but OSU certainly looks pretty good overall.

Vitale did have one good point last night, asking how Memphis is ranked and Georgetown unranked when Georgetown has a better record and beat Memphis on a neutral court? Doesn't make a lot of sense but hey it's early days.

'Cuse looks pretty good, it'll be interesting to see if Boeheim's right that the team "won't be distracted" by the spotlight. Everybody else looks pretty beatable to me. The Big East-SEC challenge should be pretty good, with Georgetown against Alabama and Syracuse against Florida as a couple of the highlights.

Bama is gonna be pretty good this year....sick defense and some really good freshman and a trio of all SEC guys from last year. Currently ranked #12 and a big game vs Georgetown this week!
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    They'll choke in the tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Ya know, I've been following that guy for years and years and he's always managed to do well but leave things in a shambles whenever he left anyplace.
    Wait, whut? How did he leave the Terps in "shambles?"

We looked great in the 1st half, then stopped making free throws. Terrell Stoglin is a fucking MAN, but he can't do it alone.

Still early in the season, and Turgeon has me feeling pretty good. Yes we can't seem to beat good teams (yet) but shit it's a rebuilding year.

Well I guess it remains to be seen about Maryland, I'll give you that. But at American, BC and Ohio State it seemed like he capitalized on the previous coaches recruits, did well and bailed with nothing in the cupboard (although OSU did well for the first 2 years after he left, but he had no idea the Maryland job was going to open up at that point).

At first glance it seemed (or seems) to me that Maryland is in a similar predicament. I like Turgeon a lot and think he'll do well but it sure seems like he doesn't have much to work with. I need to watch them more though.

Dude - you know the law regarding MD residents. Thou shalt not speak ill of Gary Fucking Williams... unless you're drinking with him and you talk shit to his face. Pretty fun activity, that.

I sat at the bar at Flaps (now gone) in Potomac with him a couple years ago, he was just finished playing golf at Congressional. Pretty funny guy. Serious tan.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Dude - you know the law regarding MD residents. Thou shalt not speak ill of Gary Fucking Williams... unless you're drinking with him and you talk shit to his face. Pretty fun activity, that.
    Unless you have a daughter in the athletic dept , then you you get one free swing ( just a rumor I heard ) .

Tippster & iceman , strangers I could meet and reminisce with for hours .

Quote Originally Posted by skiballs View Post
    Tippster & iceman , strangers I could meet and reminisce with for hours .
    If you're in the DC area I'm game. Has to be before the 22nd however, or after New Years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    If you're in the DC area I'm game. Has to be before the 22nd however, or after New Years.
    I'm over in Anne Arundel county .
    I can get good tickets to MD hoop games .