Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Whistler/Niseko
    Posts
    1,646

    Bone Stimulator - Ultrasound Healing System

    i have one of these things and it kicked ass. if anyone wants it i can sell it for cheap to a fellow mag. just trying to liquidate some stuff to pay rent. this thing is pretty bad ass and speeds up the healing process big time and when i dont end up selling it im fine with holding onto it for my next spell of bad luck

    and even if you dont want to buy this thing from me, ask your doctor to get you one, my inusrance covered it

    http://global.smith-nephew.com/us/pa..._SYS_14437.htm
    http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pub...KkyHq4Yt=s90-c

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Posts
    10,770
    there is no clinical proof that this does anything but if your insurance pays for placebos
    more power to you
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -
    ski on in eternal peace

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Boulder
    Posts
    5,247
    Here's some reading material.

    I have the same exogen unit. Its hard to say what works when you can't actually see the bone healing together. My Dr. (and good friend) highly recommended it. My hip has healed well. Hard to say how it would have healed without it.

    http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=...h&as_sdt=1%2C6

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Whistler/Niseko
    Posts
    1,646
    dude, i dig the thing. thats why im not to worried about holding on to it

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    450
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    there is no clinical proof that this does anything but if your insurance pays for placebos
    more power to you
    ^^^ This is not true. Bone stimulators are a reasonable treatment choice for delayed or non-unions. I would not recommend one for initial treatment.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    4,341
    Bumping this...not for bone, but for muscle massage. Does anybody have a home unit that they use?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    YetiMan
    Posts
    10,783

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    12,256
    how did noone say that in 2011? We were so soft back then.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    29,405
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Bumping this...not for bone, but for muscle massage. Does anybody have a home unit that they use?
    I have one my gf gave me. Called an Infratonic 8000. It sends out different wavelengths in random order.
    I'm not sure if I gain anything from it but I've been stiff enough lately that I've been thinking about spending some time with it to see if it helps

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    South Central
    Posts
    435
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    I'm not sure if I gain anything from it but I've been stiff enough lately that I've been thinking about spending some time with it to see if it helps
    If you’re stiff enough spending some time with your GF may give you the release you’re after to return to a flaccid state.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    cow hampshire
    Posts
    4,341
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    I have one my gf gave me. Called an Infratonic 8000. It sends out different wavelengths in random order.
    I'm not sure if I gain anything from it but I've been stiff enough lately that I've been thinking about spending some time with it to see if it helps
    I spoke with my PT and he seemed to think that it would not be beneficial for me. He said to get a massage or buy a self-massaging deal for shoulders/back.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    29,405
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
    If you’re stiff enough spending some time with your GF may give you the release you’re after to return to a flaccid state.
    Absolutely. She has good hands, too. As a healer, that is.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    South Central
    Posts
    435
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Absolutely. She has good hands, too. As a healer, that is.
    That sounds...ahem...like a proper happy ending!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •