Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Telemarktips woes

I know a lot of folks here also hang out over at telemarktips.com and was hoping to get some help, or at least find out if I'm the only one who has had trouble registering over there. I would've posted over there, but alas, don't have access to the forums until I resolve this. Over a year ago I updated my profile with TT to change emails and have been awaiting the sacred confirmation email ever since. I have tried re-registering with new emails, contacting TT via email (telemarktips.forum@gmail.com), resetting passwords and flat out groveling, all to no avail.

My conclusion is that either I am doing something technically wrong, or have made some secret black list of TT malcontents. If anyone has insight as to how I might progress beyond the "inactive or invalid username" it would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to supply our small army sized family of skiers for the winter...who am I kidding, I just want more used gear for myself.

Thanks,
    Andy

Same thing happened to me about 14 months ago - changed my e-mail address, account went inactive, sent several e-mails to Mitch with no answers. Haven't missed it, to be honest.

It's because Mitch doesn't care. Ttips sucks. Learn it live it ignore it.

Talking

Come to the dark side. We ski better lines anyway.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by SheRa View Post
    ps - lock em down!!!
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    This seems to be the recurring problem. Mitch seems to get around to updating the site/accounts once every year or so. The last ski review available from the front page gear review section is from 2007...
    TRs, photos, videos, and building skis (2 pairs so far...):
    http://wasatchprotocol.wordpress.com/

Mitch probably realized that telemarking is stupid.

PM Big Tim here.
    He kinda is involved but Mitch owns it, so best of luck.

Happened to me couple years ago. Sacked up and made a new ID to go with the new email addy. Ttips is nice when TGR goes tits up, you can still torment someone via the internets.
    watch out for snakes

Ok thanks for the feedback. I was afraid I had violated some cardinal forum rule and been banned but it sounds like it's more likely that I am just a victim of poor forum maintenance.

As far as coming to the dark side and locking down my heels...I am 38 and do not have enough years left in me to undo my tele ways. A packing oversight forced me to try last year and it was terrifying, both for me and anyone skiing in my vicinity.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    at what point in your 200+ posts over there did you come to this conclusion?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

nobody cares that you tele
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

You can use my account, apparently it's un-bannable, not for lack of trying.
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Yeah same thing happened to me I tried to register Friday still waiting.... I emailed Mitch Sunday still nothing... I was able to stalk someone from teleturnaround to TGR and pm them. Oh well I am on enough forums already.

Same here. I try a couple of times a year to get over there to post something and can never get my account activated. Big Tim, if you read this, I registered the same screen name there as here.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Wait, people are actually registering for new accounts over there?

Get other folks involved (Big Tim, whomever)...I was locked out for quite a while when I changed my email address this summer. It took an act of congress to get re-instated.

Can smell you from here, bro.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by SheRa View Post
    Check out the AK thread over there.
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

to the OP. consider yerself lucky. yer one step/forum closer to freeing yerself of the whole internet skiing gheydom. fuck, how i wish i'd get banned from them all

oh btw, it's freeheel skiing, not tele or telemark skiing. telemark is just a turn. and a pretty fucking silly turn at that. got that?

rog

Had the same problem about 8-10 months ago. Tried emailing a few times but never got a response. Don't care too much as TGR takes up enough of my time as it is.

You had me thinking that Telemarktips had imploded for a second time and people were begging to sign up a third time.

Quote Originally Posted by icelanticskier View Post
    oh btw, it's freeheel skiing, not tele or telemark skiing. telemark is just a turn. and a pretty fucking silly turn at that. got that?
    Oh you who are so wise in the ways of ski terminology

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    Check out the AK thread over there.
    Linky?

Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by montanaskier View Post
    nobody cares that you tele
    not everyone

. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    not everyone

Thats Funny!! No wonder he couldn't sleep, It'll fry your brain trying to figure out binding placement.