Stevens Pass Sold to CNL

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...stevens19.html

By Eric Pryne

Seattle Times business reporter

On the eve of the ski season, the Stevens Pass ski area has been sold to the same Orlando company that owns the ski areas at Snoqualmie Pass.

CNL Lifestyle Properties said Friday it paid Harbor Properties of Seattle $20.5 million for the 1,125-acre property.

No immediate changes in operations or management are planned, the companies said. Season passes and other commitments will be honored.

Harbor, known mostly as an apartment developer, has owned Stevens Pass since 1976. President and CEO Doug Daley said the sale of the "nonstrategic asset" would generate capital for Harbor to reinvest in more apartment projects.

CNL bought the Snoqualmie Pass ski areas in 2007. It also owns the Wild Waves water park and Enchanted Village theme park in Federal Way.

The company is a real-estate investment trust that invests in what it calls "lifestyle" properties ski areas, marinas, recreation and entertainment attractions, and golf and senior communities.

Boo. How long until all the resorts except Crystal shut down on April 1st to drive us to buy their spring pass?

Hopefully they continue the trend of lower season pass prices. And hope for no interruption in bike park plans.

Damn, that sucks. If I knew Stevens was for sale I would have slapped down my Am/Ex!!

Hogsback was running saturday but only for those with avy gear, never seen that call before and IMO, they could have opened Skyline, plenty of snow and would have avoided the cluster fuck found at Brooks. Apparently the masses still haven't figured out RFID usage.

I hope these new owners don't fuck up our beloved Stevens Pass!!
    Custom hand made Monoskis in Washington. www.whiteknucklemonoskis.com
    All things related to Monoskiing www.monoski.net

doughboyshredder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bfree View Post
    Hopefully they continue the trend of lower season pass prices.
    Shudders at the horror. Aren't there enough people up there already?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tdlsqUARE.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	501.3 KB 
ID:	103793 testing image uploads

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    Shudders at the horror. Aren't there enough people up there already?
    Fair point. I guess I tour on the busy days anyway. I wouldn't mind paying more in exchange for fewer people around, but I wonder how much it would take to really make a difference.

doughboyshredder Guest
    my ongoing dream is to have them charge significantly more for Alpental to be added to the summit pass. No weekends with the limited is a good start.