Page 48 of 371 FirstFirst ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 9251
    Hey dudes,

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with some of the new high CBD low THC strains of medical marijuana that are being developed.

There are two big ones I've heard of:
    An Israeli strain called Avidekel (15.8% CBD and trace THC);
    A Californian strain called Charlotte's Web (22-25% CBD and 0.5% THC) see the CNN Documentary here.

I've done some research and it seems that Charlotte's Web is only available in Colorado or California with a weed card. It doesn't look like anything similar is available in BC yet... although it sounds like some folks are working on it...

Here's the heavy: My interest in this is not for me (I work for a company that does random drug testing - nuff said). I got a recent message from some good friends of mine who I met when we were all ski bumming in Fernie. They've since moved back to Sweden. They have a three year old daughter who suffers from 25 to 40 seizures a day (her whole life so far). The condition (early myoclonic encephalopathy) is so rare that their are fewer than 100 cases reported world wide and most die before they reach the age of two. Their life is a living hell - they have cut off all communication with anyone as they're trying to deal with this. The message they sent linked the above CNN article - they are desperate to find anything that can help their daughter have some relief.

I'm wondering if any mags have any info they can share on these strains. You can PM me if you want.

Appreciate it kids, cheers,

Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Moeghoul View Post
    What's the verdict on mail order seeds for US residents, ie, it's illegal but ......risky, little risk, etc.
    Attitude seed bank. Don't be scared.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    we have some really good children's research hospitals that would have a better solution for relief imo.
    b
    Thanks Alpy but my friends don't live in the US - they're in Sweden. Apparently the Swedish medical system is heavily based on pharmaceuticals and is not very open to alternative forms of medicine. For three years their daughter has been on all sorts of medications - to the point that they felt that it was making the situation worse. They pulled her off the medications and have been in touch with doctors in the US who are offering insight into alternative treatments. The snag is that in Sweden these are not very mainstream yet. These new high CBD low THC strains of MMJ have given them some hope. I'm trying to pull what limited strings I have to see if I can help them out in any way...

I will hunt down the strain, and then send weed to a sick child. Fed Ex are the best.
    Terje was right.

"We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    we have some really good children's research hospitals that would have a better solution for relief imo.
    b
    really? Did you see and read about the kid with the seizures and how maryjane has helped tremendously? Fuck big pharma!

crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    I will hunt down the strain, and then send weed to a sick child. Fed Ex are the best.
    Good on you mang.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TGR Forums
    `•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Quote Originally Posted by Pow4Brains View Post
    Good on you mang.

Indeed.

Tried the R4 ( high CBD, no actual "high") flower and bought some seeds for the sick kid.

I vape, for me, high CBD meds are awesome after trying them again. A clarity of thought and action I have strived for often. I am a generally healthy person in body and mind, and for me, you get the same feeling from exercise or green tea, but a bit deeper and longer. I like the experience for the mental state I prefer.
    Terje was right.

couple of questions:

growing out doors do you want to harvest BEFORE the 1st frost or what?

anybody ever used a food dehydrator to dry buds or is it best to dry at room temp and for how long?
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

frost, bad news.

dehydrator, no, slow dry and cure, let the magic happen.
    Terje was right.

Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    frost, bad news.

dehydrator, no, slow dry and cure, let the magic happen.
    This. Preferably the whole plant or large chunks over a ~2 week peroid in a dark room at 65 degrees with low humidity.

`•.¸¸.•´><((((º>`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸.•´¯`•...¸><((((º>

"Having been Baptized by uller his frosty air now burns my soul with confirmation. I am once again pure." - frozenwater

"once i let go of my material desires many opportunities for playing with the planet emerge. emerge - to come into being through evolution. ok back to work - i gotta pack." - Slaag Master

"As for Flock of Seagulls, everytime that song comes up on my ipod, I turn it up- way up." - goldenboy

Human urine = deer repellent?

why not make an emulsion of hot peppers and spray where you don't want the deer...

So what do you think, does this average seem high or low? Wonder how what size of joint they are talking about. I had a BF in HS who would roll gram joints. I thinking their scale is a little smaller.

Washington State: Average Marijuana Smoker Tokes 123 Joints a Year

SEATTLE, WA – Seeking to gauge how much should be grown, Washington state officials said they’ve estimated the average pot smoker’s consumption at a joint every three days.

In Washington, that means state-sanctioned growers need to cultivate enough marijuana for about 80 million joints — or 123 joints per year for each of the state’s roughly 650,000 smokers, The Seattle Times reported Tuesday.

The effort to quantify pot consumption is more than a conversation between two high guys wondering how much pot gets smoked in a year — it’s important for regulatory purposes, officials say.

If the state authorizes too little marijuana to be grown it will drive users to illicit drug dealers. If it authorizes too much, the weed will likely flow across state lines where it hasn’t been legalized.

But efforts to quantify pot smoking have met with more problems than simple arithmetic. Most notably it’s that joints, the state’s unit of measurement in the equation, aren’t necessarily the preferred method of ingesting the drug for many people. Young people, particularly, use all kinds of methods — from pipes and bongs to edible pot, oil and vaporizers — rather than an old-fashioned doobie to get high.

Overall, state regulators said they’ve estimated the amount of marijuana used legally and illegally annually — that includes all parts of the plant, not just leaves and buds — at between 182 million and 187 million tons annually.

so we got them JUST before frost, got some nice buds and some seeds for next year!
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    So what do you think, does this average seem high or low? Wonder how what size of joint they are talking about. I had a BF in HS who would roll gram joints. I thinking their scale is a little smaller.

Washington State: Average Marijuana Smoker Tokes 123 Joints a Year

SEATTLE, WA – Seeking to gauge how much should be grown, Washington state officials said they’ve estimated the average pot smoker’s consumption at a joint every three days.

In Washington, that means state-sanctioned growers need to cultivate enough marijuana for about 80 million joints — or 123 joints per year for each of the state’s roughly 650,000 smokers, The Seattle Times reported Tuesday.

The effort to quantify pot consumption is more than a conversation between two high guys wondering how much pot gets smoked in a year — it’s important for regulatory purposes, officials say.

If the state authorizes too little marijuana to be grown it will drive users to illicit drug dealers. If it authorizes too much, the weed will likely flow across state lines where it hasn’t been legalized.

But efforts to quantify pot smoking have met with more problems than simple arithmetic. Most notably it’s that joints, the state’s unit of measurement in the equation, aren’t necessarily the preferred method of ingesting the drug for many people. Young people, particularly, use all kinds of methods — from pipes and bongs to edible pot, oil and vaporizers — rather than an old-fashioned doobie to get high.

Overall, state regulators said they’ve estimated the amount of marijuana used legally and illegally annually — that includes all parts of the plant, not just leaves and buds — at between 182 million and 187 million tons annually.
    fucking lightweights.
    east coasters burn hard!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Who the fuck even smokes actual bud anymore, never mind a joint

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    east coasters burn hard!
    Ya I bet... with that shit you guys pass off as weed you have to
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

KQ, that was a condensed version of the one that ran in print version in the Seatimes the other day.

Factored in to the mix was that each joint was 0.5 grams, so 40million grams consumed by joints/pipes. They also factored that half of the consumption by "today's stoner" (how it was referred in the paper) is with oils/ extracts/ edibles now and eluded to joints no longer being in favor, so another 40 million grams, for a total of 80 million grams annual. Doing some math that sets it at an average of 123g/year, or 4ounces/yr.

The other thing left out was the part about 20% of the users consuming 80% of the product. This group is using 492 g/yr, roughly 17 ounces/yr.

To me that's a shit ton of weed, though I suspect we might have some 1%ers in our midst here.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Bobby Stainless Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerWhore7 View Post
    Truth...

Quote Originally Posted by PowerWhore7 View Post

[/IMG]

)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Truth...
    Some people like to back on and off, to keep Dose sizes down.

No ned for refined ANYTHING, when you only need one or two vape rips to get you baked, then go two, three or four days without (or too busy to need).

Being "always high" gets as boring as always drunk, or always, anything. Living life is about how you use the tools around you....not just consuming for consumption's sake.
    Terje was right.

I have been calling it Heroijauna....

The blowtorch route definitely makes you feels like you are doing something bad, but the fucking vapo pens make it so easy that it’s hard to go back to smoking 20-25%THC. I can only hit the dabs once or twice a week or else I start to get that permastoned effect, plus a lot of times you wake up still high. No bueno
    "In a perfect world I'd have all 10 fingers on my left hand, so I could just use my right hand for punching."

Gotta say, I don't enjoy smoking as much as I do eating my wife's cookies. I love a baked high The seeds we bought in Yurp this summer have started the winter grow for us. We have 4 of the best looking girls I have seen in a long time. Pretty sure this is going to be excellent stuff. PW7 will have to let me know what he thinks this winter.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Maine or Vermont?
    who will be first?
    i still think Maine will be first.
    http://www.medicaljane.com/2013/10/0...rtland-busses/

Last edited by buttahflake; 10-03-2013 at 12:20 PM.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Wow - Maine is upping the ante with 2.5 oz to Washington & Colorado's 1 oz.