Page 284 of 371 FirstFirst ... 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 ... LastLast
Results 7,076 to 7,100 of 9267
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Trimming is not my strong suit. I only lightly trim the sugar leaves, because, sugar. And, there are probably 50 people in North America who are less patient at it than me. I will clean it up a little as I jar it, but it still won’t be top-shelf presentation quality bud. It will smoke well though.
    Over trimming is lame.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

I hate trimming. With a passion. I used to look forward to harvest day, now when I consider the amount of time needed for trimming I'm putting it off. "huh, needs a few more days". And yeah, it's a good problem to have, in an otherwise super fun and satisfying hobby.

Changing gears..

Anyone make their own tincture? I've never put much thought into it because sourcing Everclear where I am is tough but I think I've got a lead on some. The recipes I'm seeing (green dragon type stuff) look simple enough, if anyone has any further knowledge or advice I'd love to hear it.

Get organic food grade alcohol off amazon. Big food filters at restaurant supply stores that drop into a stand above your pyrex. Don't forget to flash, assuming you're starting with bud. Low heated MCT oil mix to digest it. I just did my own pain tincture with cbd isolate and full spectrum hemp oil, approx 4000mg in a small dropper bottle. Like giving a kid candy...

New project starts this weekend
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	seeds.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	287.1 KB 
ID:	289730

50 day bloom cycle means crop before Halloween, even with one month to sex them
    https://www.leafly.com/indica/purple-panty-dropper

From SeedsHereNow https://www.seedsherenow.com/ - they have a sale going on thru 7/31, and they ship to most states

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Get organic food grade alcohol off amazon. Big food filters at restaurant supply stores that drop into a stand above your pyrex. Don't forget to flash, assuming you're starting with bud. Low heated MCT oil mix to digest it. I just did my own pain tincture with cbd isolate and full spectrum hemp oil, approx 4000mg in a small dropper bottle. Like giving a kid candy...
    Hey thanks.

Can't get the amazon alc in Canada, but I do now have 1.14L of 94% Alcool. What does flash mean - decarb? Roughly how much MCT oil per say 1 litre (or quarter gallon) tincture?

Walla Walla Union Bulletin Editorial:

Congressional effort to decriminalize cannabis is sound
    The legislation would reflect the reality that the federal government already turns a blind eye to pot sales in Washington and Oregon.

Word out of Washington — the other Washington — is that Congress will seriously consider legislation to decriminalize cannabis, thus removing it the list of controlled substances targeted by the federal Drug Enforcement Agency.

If this legislation comes to fruition it would be good for our Washington, the state.

Marijuana is already legal in Washington and Oregon, but the threat of a federal crackdown remains. To this point, under the Obama and Trump administrations, the DEA and other justice officials turn a blind eye to the sale and use of pot in the Northwest.

A federal crackdown would create a mess and simply drive marijuana sales back to the illegal black market. The state tax revenue would vanish and more money would go to criminals who are often involved in other illegal activities

The reality is that the marijuana use, whether legal or illegal, is not going away in Washington, Oregon and the other 10 states where it has been legalized. In fact, it’s likely more and more states will opt to legalize weed.

That message is getting through to members of Congress.

Kip Hill of the Spokane Spokesman-Review reported this week the current legislation has some powerful backers in Congress, including presidential candidate Kamala Harris, who served a California attorney general before being elected to the Senate, and Jerry Nadler, chairman of the House Judiciary Committee.

“It’s huge. The Judiciary Committee is the gatekeeper for most of these issues,” Rep. Earl Blumenauer, D-Ore., said in phone call with reporters this week discussing the proposal, Hill reported.

Blumenauer, a founding member of the Congressional Cannabis Caucus, said, “We’ve worked to have other areas of Congress, other committees to play their role, but this is key. This is the path forward to really fix federal cannabis policy with the major committee of jurisdiction.”

The idea would to address other social concerns, such as the impact minor marijuana convictions have on those trying to get and keep jobs. In addition, it would also allow the banking industry to service the legal pot shops in Oregon and Washington, meaning it wold not longer have to be a cash-only business.

It’s time to accept marijuana as a legal drug — like alcohol — and have uniform, consistent laws.

And just like beer, wine and liquor, it would continue to be regulated by the states. However, it makes no sense to lump pot together with cocaine, heroin and other highly addictive drugs.

Hill reports that he legislation would also establish a new 5 percent federal tax on all sales of marijuana products in the United States.

The money could be used for job training programs, legal payments to expunge records of marijuana convictions and substance abuse treatment programs.

This, too, makes a great deal of sense.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Scored a jar of Critical Cheese last eve. with the OR shipment of the Jack Herer and Oregon Bus Stop en route.

Who's familiar with the latter?

We should catch up one of these days, DJ! How’s the knee?

Love me some good Jack Herer.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Hey thanks.

Can't get the amazon alc in Canada, but I do now have 1.14L of 94% Alcool. What does flash mean - decarb? Roughly how much MCT oil per say 1 litre (or quarter gallon) tincture?

Depends on the strain used. But it sounds like you're doing Simpson oil, yes? Flash is a decarb. Best thing to use is a rice cooker, cause it turns itself off at 210 degrees F. Find a small pyrex dish that will fit in it. Walmart had the perfect size. It's a guinea pig situation when you oil your own weed. Mine will make people see fractals with just a dip of a toothpick into the oil. For a tincture, it's mostly going to be 7/8 ths MCT oil as both carrier and digester, if not 9/10ths. Hell, maybe even 24/25ths. That's a real rough number to spit out. If I get hemp oil and isolate with a lab certificate of analysis, I have a better working knowledge of dosages. Remember, you can just keep rinsin that weed with alcohol. And food grade alcohol is best. Govts mandate putting poison in isopropyl acohol so they can tax drinking liquor and people can't cheat.

Depends on the strain used. But it sounds like you're doing Simpson oil, yes? Flash is a decarb. Best thing to use is a rice cooker, cause it turns itself off at 210 degrees F. Find a small pyrex dish that will fit in it. Walmart had the perfect size. It's a guinea pig situation when you oil your own weed. Mine will make people see fractals with just a dip of a toothpick into the oil. For a tincture, it's mostly going to be 7/8 ths MCT oil as both carrier and digester, if not 9/10ths. Hell, maybe even 24/25ths. That's a real rough number to spit out. If I get hemp oil and isolate with a lab certificate of analysis, I have a better working knowledge of dosages. Remember, you can just keep rinsin that weed with alcohol. And food grade alcohol is best. Govts mandate putting poison in isopropyl acohol so they can tax drinking liquor and people can't cheat.
    Not necessarily RSO, was thinking something like Green Dragon, but whatever, I just want something I can put a drop or two under my tongue and feel good. (or add to coffee, seems to be popular here lol) Also to use in slightly larger doses as a last resort insomnia solution. Fractals would be ideal, I've been fucking with canna butter and gummies and shit and nothing has knocked my socks off yet.

This idea was originally to use pretty decent harvest popcorn and larf, but if you suggest using an once or two of tops (currently it would be Bubba Kush 2.0) that's cool too.

So if I'm using eg. 9/10ths MCT (and just to confirm, we're talking 9 parts MCT to 1 part alcohol?) do I mix the MCT with alcohol, rinse the weed (multiple times), filter and reduce?

For the solvent, while I've got gallons of %99.8 ISO on hand for washing the glassware, I will be using food grade %96 Alchool (everclear).

If you have enough pyrex and do bud and bud trim, pull your first rinse out separately. It will be a more golden color and it will be 'special'. After that you can rinse a bunch of times into the pyrex (lasagna dish works great), then it starts getting greener typically. Are you Canuckistanian?

If you have enough pyrex and do bud and bud trim, pull your first rinse out separately. It will be a more golden color and it will be 'special'. After that you can rinse a bunch of times into the pyrex (lasagna dish works great), then it starts getting greener typically. Are you Canuckistanian?
    Thanks. Tons of pyrex on hand, no isues there. Can you confirm I'm on the right track with these statements:

So if I'm using eg. 9/10ths MCT (and just to confirm, we're talking 9 parts MCT to 1 part alcohol?) do I mix the MCT with alcohol, rinse the weed (multiple times), filter and reduce?

Pass the puffer
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Thanks. Tons of pyrex on hand, no isues there. Can you confirm I'm on the right track with these statements:

No. Not that way. The weed is rinsed with alcohol only. Through a filter into pyrex if you don't have the equipment to capture and reuse it. Put fan on it to expedite evaporation of alcohol. Then you have the oil left. That goes into the rice cooker and residual alcohol is flashed off and the oil is decarbed after about 3 or 4 cook times on the rice cooker. Then, you can heat that oil up with MCT oil and bottle it as a tincture. Maybe start with a 1:50 ratio and see how it goes . I have thrown in some pure essential lemon oil to flavor it up. MCT is a touch bland.

WEED, The Official Thread

Delete

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Who doesn't want to see fractals?!?! Raise your hand so I can stop by and collect your portion.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Who doesn't want to see fractals?!?! Raise your hand so I can stop by and collect your portion.
    heh. I just love that it's legal to gift someone something that good.

No. Not that way. The weed is rinsed with alcohol only. Through a filter into pyrex if you don't have the equipment to capture and reuse it. Put fan on it to expedite evaporation of alcohol. Then you have the oil left. That goes into the rice cooker and residual alcohol is flashed off and the oil is decarbed after about 3 or 4 cook times on the rice cooker. Then, you can heat that oil up with MCT oil and bottle it as a tincture. Maybe start with a 1:50 ratio and see how it goes . I have thrown in some pure essential lemon oil to flavor it up. MCT is a touch bland.
    Cool, thank you.

If you want any more info, buy Rick Simpson's book. That's where I learned, from the Grand Master himself.

Angels LandingClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20190810_153056.jpeg 
Views:	82 
Size:	210.8 KB 
ID:	290821
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Your Achilles rehab seems to be going well...

That was quite the photo of your heal stitches, Fugie.

Anyone here have a odor proof stash bag?

What brand? Size? Locking? What do you like/not like about it?

Add: come on now, don't be shy. I'm looking took buy a gift. Need some advice other than the stupid reviews on Amazon.
    Last edited by KQ; 08-10-2019 at 10:40 PM.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Smelly Bags is all I've ever had and it's been a while.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Anyone here have a odor proof stash bag?

What brand? Size? Locking? What do you like/not like about it?

Add: come on now, don't be shy. I'm looking took buy a gift. Need some advice other than the stupid reviews on Amazon.
    You need chongswipes. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D8aQ04dyRAM