Page 332 of 371 FirstFirst ... 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 ... LastLast
Results 8,276 to 8,300 of 9264
    Forty nailed it. My experience has been happy frog runs hot and ocean forest hotter. As stated, they are inconsistent from bag to bag. I always cut it with a promix or a sphagnum peat to be safe. I experienced nute burn after repotting with both OF and HF. Its easier to add nutrients than trying to flush hot soil.

Quote Originally Posted by crashtestdummy View Post
    So what is involved with getting a Utah weed card? And smoking it is still illegal? No edibles? No dispensary within 200 miles? Fuck you, Utah, your weed laws are just as backwards as the rest of the state.

https://utahmarijuana.org/blog/utah-marijuana-laws/
    It's like most states if you got around $220 and you tell one of the MJ QMP's you got chronic pain, you're in. They got everything but concentrates and you might be driving across the valley to get specific strains.

Better than no MMJ program I guess.
    Vibes++++ to Idaho.

Yup forty grows some nice bud
    +1 on the moisture gauge
    I’ve always had good results with Miracle Grow. Warm but not hot, and consistent.
    I don’t introduce anything but Cal/mag (3ml/gal) and ph down for at least two weeks. And the C/M is there only for the ph down to have something to bind to - our water only has 40ppm of solids.
    Speaking of which, have you seen your community water assay? It should be available from your public works dept. Stuff like dissolved solids and base ph are important guideposts for dosing your ladies.

Then add NPK per Lucas Ratio, starting at 2.5/5.0 and increasing until I get a little tip burn.

The plants will suck up a lot of waste so give it some time before you toss the overrun.

Quote Originally Posted by forty View Post
    yeah those pre mixes do tend to run hot, and can be inconsistent batch to batch as well, i would stick to just water until the plants start to tell you they want more nutes

i will say that imo watering to saturate all the soil is important even as the plant is small, not only does it propagate root growth as it seeks to find water in the medium, but it also provides a buffer for moisture control so you have more wiggle room in under/over watering, this is even more effective with coco but works the same with soil or other mediums

never allow the soil to get actually "dry" but it should be notably less wet between feedings
    with soil you have the risk of overwatering but thats pretty tough to do in a smartpot really

good luck, shit literally grows like a weed, it aint rocket surgery and the interwebz makes a lot more noise than necessary about growing it, just have fun
    Thanks, Sir! I figured I'd be better off here than the black hole of internet pot gardening. Plants are looking great, excited to see what all the fuss is about with the Night Owl and Mephisto beans.

So what is involved with getting a Utah weed card? And smoking it is still illegal? No edibles? No dispensary within 200 miles? Fuck you, Utah, your weed laws are just as backwards as the rest of the state.

What?? Yeah no.
    Went to a QMP for initial visit January 2020. Now my Primary is a QMP and takes insurance. Easy peasy.
    Technically you are to vape, combustion illegal. And then interpret how you need to stay good with the law vs what you do in your own house.
    I’m on an edible now, bought 15 minutes away.

heres my current girl, wanted to experiment this round so kept it to 1 plant, learned a lot this run and really dialed in a few things ive previously struggled controlling

i picked up a cheapo amazon led light to compare to my hlg 135w led
    split a clone real early, then aggressively trained and defoliated to make best use of the 3x3 tent i could with a 5gal pot

Name:  IMG_3651.JPG
Views: 460
Size:  78.4 KB

the hlg bling led is on the left side, cheapo on the right, you can clearly see the difference in growth through veg, but it really shows the difference in flower when bulking up now that she is into week 7

Name:  IMG_3705 - Copy.JPG
Views: 492
Size:  73.7 KB

i also added a humidity controller to the exhaust fan, and a heat controller with soil sensor to control heat mats that are bungeed around the pots
    this worked incredibly well and is pretty damn cheap, very worthwhile upgrade when wanting to gain more control over your setup

first time with this strain, cookie fi (gsc x wifi (the white x fire og)), which all have 9ish week flowering times, but im really thinking this will be closer to 10 by the time its ready for chop

getting some frost, but its still not really plumping up yet and lots of new pistil growth, these top cola pistils are just browned from the heat/lights

Name:  IMG_3700.JPG
Views: 479
Size:  79.0 KB

still clear as it comes

Name:  IMG_3703.JPG
Views: 461
Size:  27.1 KB

im certainly no pro, but im getting better with my methods, and final product is improving

if anyone has curing tips im all ears, as thats what im most inconsistent with, ive had one batch come out absolutely incredible with a smell that fills the whole room when you burp a jar, while most other batches are substantially less impressive

last years outdoor ended up with some mold issues because i was overly aggressive putting them into jars early and trusting boveda packs, annoying to fuck it all up at the end like that...

heres my current girl, wanted to experiment this round so kept it to 1 plant, learned a lot this run and really dialed in a few things ive previously struggled controlling

split a clone real early, then aggressively trained and defoliated to make best use of the 3x3 tent i could with a 5gal pot

Name:  IMG_3651.JPG
Views: 460
Size:  78.4 KB

the hlg bling led is on the left side, cheapo on the right, you can clearly see the difference in growth through veg, but it really shows the difference in flower when bulking up now that she is into week 7

Name:  IMG_3705 - Copy.JPG
Views: 492
Size:  73.7 KB

i also added a humidity controller to the exhaust fan, and a heat controller with soil sensor to control heat mats that are bungeed around the pots
    this worked incredibly well and is pretty damn cheap, very worthwhile upgrade when wanting to gain more control over your setup

first time with this strain, cookie fi (gsc x wifi (the white x fire og)), which all have 9ish week flowering times, but im really thinking this will be closer to 10 by the time its ready for chop

getting some frost, but its still not really plumping up yet and lots of new pistil growth, these top cola pistils are just browned from the heat/lights

Name:  IMG_3700.JPG
Views: 479
Size:  79.0 KB

still clear as it comes

Name:  IMG_3703.JPG
Views: 461
Size:  27.1 KB

im certainly no pro, but im getting better with my methods, and final product is improving

if anyone has curing tips im all ears, as thats what im most inconsistent with, ive had one batch come out absolutely incredible with a smell that fills the whole room when you burp a jar, while most other batches are substantially less impressive

last years outdoor ended up with some mold issues because i was overly aggressive putting them into jars early and trusting boveda packs, annoying to fuck it all up at the end like that...
    I think there are some youtube's about drying and humidity levels. Might make good use of the humidity sensor. Maybe a humidifier or dehumidifier depending on location? If I remember the YouTube guy did like a few days at x humidity, then y at another lower humidity.

Hoping NY gets on the legalization ball cause I'd really like to grow again, but legally this time.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Thanks for the recs gents. Much obliged.

Talk to me about lights - I have a 1200w LED Chinese light
    https://www.amazon.com/Phlizon-Therm...6632526&sr=8-2
    in a 27x27x63 Tent - I know this is bottom of the barrel from a quality perspective and am looking for recs on a good replacement should I decide to upgrade at some point - would be in this same tent.

Forty I have that same setup. Works pretty good for the money. Just bought another LED for a similar experiment. Is that an Apollo tent, looks exactly like mine?
    Nice looking plant. Growing is Fun!

That’s a well-trained lady forty. Can sure see the GSC in her.

My curing tools
    1. Collapsing drying rack https://www.walmart.com/ip/Tomshoo-6...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
    2. Fans - to blow across the drying rack. I use a small one from the grow chamber and a big one from my office.
    3. Mini hygrometers https://www.amazon.com/Veanic-Electr...s%2C223&sr=8-5
    4. Mason jars

I trim wet, segregate into big buds, mids and popcorn, then put the bud on the drying racks with plenty of gentle air blowing over the bud.

When the outsides of the buds are crispy to the touch they are ready to jar. That will be quicker for the small bud, longer for colas.

Toss a hygrometer into bottom of each jar, facing down. Fill with bud to about 2/3 full and seal.

Let sit in cool space out of sunlight for two days - do not open before unless RH > 85%. You are trying to equalize RH in jar. Gently shake and/or lay the jar on its side to allow air betw the individual buds.

If RH>85% pull from jar and place on either a cookie sheet or the drying rack for another 12 hours. Add airflow if really wet. Rejar and wait for at least a day before opening. You’re still in equalization mode.

Once you get RH<80% via the above it’s time to burp a couple of times per day. Longer open times at first finishing with just a quick smell. Let your hygrometers guide you. Don’t forget to gently shake the jars and or lay them on their sides a few times per day for airflow. I shoot for 10-14 days to get RH down to 63%. Don’t try to rush it.

Remember I’m on the dry side of the hill with lower ambient RH. OTOH airflow and low ambient humidity is my only way of getting moisture out of the plant material. YMMV

I have no sympathy WV is a 70% republican majority shitshow that passed med a few years ago, still no dispensary and the you have to be terminal.
    You can only get pills, oils, topicals, tinctures, liquid, dermal patch,
    It’s the places you ride that are special, not you riding there.”

All stunts performed without a net!

Well on the bright side we're all terminal.

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    I'm getting into smoking a little bit lately and all i have is a small pipe which is a PITA to deal with. Any recos for a convenient one hitter type device that i can get online?
    Dynavap

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChief View Post
    I have no sympathy WV is a 70% republican majority shitshow that passed med a few years ago, still no dispensary and the you have to be terminal.
    Pretty much NY, though I think they now sell flower, but it's all ground into dust and "dispensary specific strains" which means you got no clue what it really is. Also a cap on thc at like 20%.

Black market still reigns supreme if you know the right people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski220 View Post
    The critters and deer will eat them unless you take precautions.
    Fenced yard so no deer. I think it's hidden enough that I can use mesh of some sort to keep the squirrels and such away without the neighbors getting curious. Did you see that legalization went to the state legislature yesterday? I don't know what happened...

Don't worry, the neighbors will find it with their noses.

Neighborhood teenagers?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChief View Post
    Utah started out with the rectal cranial inversion thinking, only medical weed for those with less than 6 months to live. I guess you get arrested if you lived longer. My nearest state dispensary (only for those with card) is 200 miles away, out of state recreational is available only 90 miles away, so fuck Utah and their idiot law makers.

NY mags about to be able to grow 6 plants at home: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/25/n...gtype=Homepage

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    NY mags about to be able to grow 6 plants at home: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/25/n...gtype=Homepage
    Can't friggin wait.

Yeah but 18 months after the first rec dispensaries open means 2 years (at best) from bill passage.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Yeah but 18 months after the first rec dispensaries open means 2 years (at best) from bill passage.
    Yeah it won't be fast but moving in the correct direction. NJ gives no grow your own provision..

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Yeah it won't be fast but moving in the correct direction. NJ gives no grow your own provision..

That's how Washington state is too. No personal cultivation allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by RockChalk View Post
    Talk to me about lights - I have a 1200w LED Chinese light
    https://www.amazon.com/Phlizon-Therm...6632526&sr=8-2
    in a 27x27x63 Tent - I know this is bottom of the barrel from a quality perspective and am looking for recs on a good replacement should I decide to upgrade at some point - would be in this same tent.
    my limited understanding is that the purpley cheap leds are ok for veg, but really lack the correct light spectrum and power for flower, and the wattage claims are overhyped to say the least
    ive seen plenty of pics online of people who grew successfully with them, but they arent nearly as nice as a full spectrum high quality led

the cheapest way to do high quality led lights is buy the leds, controllers, and heat sinks all from china and piece together yourself
    i dont think this is all that difficult as there are tons of guides online, but i havent done it myself since shipping sounds like a pain and cost savings arent all that much at the end of the day

for a small premium there are a few companies that do this for you, horticulture light group is one of the early ones that got a good reputation for leds, i use their 135 w in my 3x3 and its powerful enough to get what you see in my pics
    there are a few other companies that make very similar lights that are all high quality and deliver on wattage claims, but they do command a premium, imo its worth it and i think other growers agree as they gain experience

now that i have a decent understanding of growing, 3ish years of tinkering, if i were to upgrade i would do a 2nd 135w led added to my current one for flower tent, and then use the cheapo led i got for a veg tent and run a perpetual harvest cycle

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    That’s a well-trained lady forty. Can sure see the GSC in her.

My curing tools
    1. Collapsing drying rack https://www.walmart.com/ip/Tomshoo-6...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
    2. Fans - to blow across the drying rack. I use a small one from the grow chamber and a big one from my office.
    3. Mini hygrometers https://www.amazon.com/Veanic-Electr...s%2C223&sr=8-5
    4. Mason jars

I trim wet, segregate into big buds, mids and popcorn, then put the bud on the drying racks with plenty of gentle air blowing over the bud.

When the outsides of the buds are crispy to the touch they are ready to jar. That will be quicker for the small bud, longer for colas.

Toss a hygrometer into bottom of each jar, facing down. Fill with bud to about 2/3 full and seal.

Let sit in cool space out of sunlight for two days - do not open before unless RH > 85%. You are trying to equalize RH in jar. Gently shake and/or lay the jar on its side to allow air betw the individual buds.

If RH>85% pull from jar and place on either a cookie sheet or the drying rack for another 12 hours. Add airflow if really wet. Rejar and wait for at least a day before opening. You’re still in equalization mode.

Once you get RH<80% via the above it’s time to burp a couple of times per day. Longer open times at first finishing with just a quick smell. Let your hygrometers guide you. Don’t forget to gently shake the jars and or lay them on their sides a few times per day for airflow. I shoot for 10-14 days to get RH down to 63%. Don’t try to rush it.

Remember I’m on the dry side of the hill with lower ambient RH. OTOH airflow and low ambient humidity is my only way of getting moisture out of the plant material. YMMV
    radsauce, will be referencing this as guide in a few weeks here

i havent had the humidity control ability previously so think that will really help me dial things in

my previous techniques were similar, but think i rushed jarring and didnt burp frequently enough, relying on the boveda humidity packs to pull moisture which i think is a poor choice and should instead use them after cure is complete and not as a curing tool itself

nice to hear a wet trim comes out with good cure, i have a few friends who swear dry trimming is the way, and i absolutely despise dry trimming... would rather just turn it into bubble at that point haha