Page 288 of 293 FirstFirst ... 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 LastLast
Results 7,176 to 7,200 of 7324
  1. #7176
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    14,608
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Did it smell like dirty socks?
    *shoves snout in jar*

    No.. not socks... has a sweet edge to it. Yanno, it smells like blue cheese with quince paste. Ever had that? Yum!

    Got a nice little buzz going. Happy, relaxed. Haven't looked but I think I'm smiling.

    Has an interesting taste. I'm trying it in my old deer antler pipe which I've cleaned and put a new screen in so I could really see how this tasted. Next time I hit this strain I'll use my new dry vape. An industry friend says she thinks there is a difference in the effect and I wanted to see for myself so I'm running a little test.

    Whoa. I might be a little high.

    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkiní Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  2. #7177
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    50 miles E of Paradise
    Posts
    8,369
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Sativa. It was a blast! Focused, happy, uplifting, getting stuffed done. Highly recommend the Lifted version of Wedding Cake.
    Hmmm- Lifted’s genetics (triangle kush x animal mint) point to It smoking like an indica...

    The getting stuff done part you describe really points to the Durban in the strain on Leaflys site

    Whichever, glad you like it!
    Check Out Ullr's Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools for iOS and Android
    www.ullrlabs.com

  3. #7178
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    14,608
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Hmmm- Liftedís genetics (triangle kush x animal mint) point to It smoking like an indica...

    The getting stuff done part you describe really points to the Durban in the strain on Leaflys site

    Whichever, glad you like it!

    well the Blue Cheese I just had is a sativa hybrid and it's behaving like an indica.

    Edit/Add: You know, it's really all about the terpenes. If growers would list those it would be a lot easier to get exactly what you want. That's how to choose a strain. All this "indica" and "sativa" stuff isn't entirely accurate.
    Last edited by KQ; 08-18-2019 at 12:29 AM.
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkiní Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  4. #7179
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    TennesseeJed
    Posts
    9,427
    The whole Sativa/Indica thing has come under fire lately.

    I believe that Blue Cheese is UK Cheese x Blue Dream.

    I've stopped paying attention to names though for the Wedding Cake reason, unless it's in seed form.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

    Brain dead and made of money.

  5. #7180
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mental Vacation!
    Posts
    1,964

    WEED, The Official Thread

    After a couple weeks now of vaping cartridges for the first time, other than the convenience of low residual odor and basically no prep needed, I have to say I prefer vaping flower in my PAX.

    Iím finding something a bit freaky in the process of creating these cartridges and the concentration of who knows what in the final oil.

    I feel the PAX splits the difference from smoking actual bud in a pipe or bong and vaping cartridges. I know vaping flower does not eliminate the possibility of contaminates, however I feel itís not concentrated. The green hit on the PAX seems to give me a much more natural flavor than whatever they are doing to the cartridges to turbo up the taste.

    Having a family I cannot open sesh in the living room. I do prefer low odor and the idea of no actual combustion .

  6. #7181
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    TennesseeJed
    Posts
    9,427
    Carts never really get me to my destination.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

    Brain dead and made of money.

  7. #7182
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    14,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    Carts never really get me to my destination.
    It's a different destination for sure.

    LC: Agree with the convenience of vapes (oil). If you buy tankers I think you can get a good idea of exactly what you're getting but I could be wrong. Lots of ways to extract, some with less residue than others, you just need to do some research. (Bobby, correct me if I'm wrong)

    Here's a guide that can help you on your way to understanding some of the process:

    Complete Guide to Solventless/Non-solvent Cannabis Concentrates and

    A GUIDE TO CANNABIS CONCENTRATES
    Part 3, Advanced Cannabis Concentrates


    Looking forward to testing out my new dry herb vape today (Pulsar Flow) with some Dutch Hawaiian.

    Edit/Add: I do have to say that from personal experience I think that vaping is a good delivery system for CBD and achieving pain relief.
    Last edited by KQ; 08-18-2019 at 10:38 AM.
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkiní Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  8. #7183
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    14,608
    Wow. Just hit my dry herb vape and ... wow. So nice. Really get the flavor of the strain (Dutch Hawaiian). Sweet and smooth with no harshness or heat. Very easy draw. There is more of a smell than vaping concentrate but it's still not a burning weed smell.

    Here is the prep work:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DH1.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	462.9 KB 
ID:	291579



    Here is the herb after two hits, just a little brown. No burnt offerings WSE:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DH2.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	446.5 KB 
ID:	291580

    The vape gets a little warm but not hot. Easy to use, nice features like haptic feedback for when it's ready (40sec warm-up). Shuts off after 4 mins. Has a hefty feel (7oz) and sits comfortably in my hand. It would be heavy to carry in a pocket IMO.

    Re: strain. Nice. Uplifting. Might be a tad racy - probably don't want to use this to relax at night.


    The Pulsar Flow:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PF1.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	225.8 KB 
ID:	291581

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PF2.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	192.0 KB 
ID:	291582
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkiní Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  9. #7184
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The Cone of Uncertainty
    Posts
    46,926
    Does it really need to be recharged after just 1 bowl? The review you (? somebody posted it) seemed to say that. My pax probably lasts like 7 or 8 fills, just 1 would be a pain.

  10. #7185
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    29,336
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    It's a different destination for sure.

    LC: Agree with the convenience of vapes (oil). If you buy tankers I think you can get a good idea of exactly what you're getting but I could be wrong.
    Why, when I read that, did I have visions of giant ocean-going oil tankers full of weed oil?

  11. #7186
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    14,608
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Does it really need to be recharged after just 1 bowl? The review you (? somebody posted it) seemed to say that. My pax probably lasts like 7 or 8 fills, just 1 would be a pain.
    This is my first time using it but I did follow one reviewers advice and "cleaned" it of any manufacturing oils prior to use by running it through its cycle 4 times (might have been 5 - kinda lost count LOL!) then it did need to be charged but I don't know how much of a charge it had when it got it (t was charged when I opened the package).

    So to answer your question: I think you're going to get at least 5 sessions on a charge. It draws very easy and smooth, you hardly know you're getting any "smoke" but you see the result in the cloud. I think you and a friend or two could have a solid session on one charge. Charge up takes 1.5hrs according to the instructions.

    I would say the high is the same as combustible smoking without the rough throat or bad taste in your mouth. I really could taste how the herb smelled which was nice. When you use a regular pipe you lose all the flavors.


    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Why, when I read that, did I have visions of giant ocean-going oil tankers full of weed oil?
    LOL! Now that's a spill that might be beneficial!
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkiní Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  12. #7187
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    14,809
    Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Why, when I read that, did I have visions of giant ocean-going oil tankers full of weed oil?
    Im yer Captain!
    watch out for snakes

  13. #7188
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    14,809
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Wow. Just hit my dry herb vape and ... wow. So nice. Really get the flavor of the strain (Dutch Hawaiian). Sweet and smooth with no harshness or heat. Very easy draw. There is more of a smell than vaping concentrate but it's still not a burning weed smell.

    Here is the prep work:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DH1.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	462.9 KB 
ID:	291579



    Here is the herb after two hits, just a little brown. No burnt offerings WSE:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DH2.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	446.5 KB 
ID:	291580

    The vape gets a little warm but not hot. Easy to use, nice features like haptic feedback for when it's ready (40sec warm-up). Shuts off after 4 mins. Has a hefty feel (7oz) and sits comfortably in my hand. It would be heavy to carry in a pocket IMO.

    Re: strain. Nice. Uplifting. Might be a tad racy - probably don't want to use this to relax at night.


    The Pulsar Flow:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PF1.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	225.8 KB 
ID:	291581

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PF2.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	192.0 KB 
ID:	291582
    That looks interdasting.
    watch out for snakes

  14. #7189
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    14,608
    Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    That looks interdasting.
    Ya think?


    Ice: Thinking about what you posted about that "one charge" review. Did they say how much they smoked? Was that the video review? My estimate is based on people being light to medium users but I suppose if someone was a total stoner and hit it hard it might need to be charged after "one use" if that use was higher than average.

    Seem to me a lot of the dry herb vapes have limited battery life compared to concentrate vapes because they take more power. The Storz & Bickel Crafty, which I would consider comparable in size, has a lot of complaints about battery life though I note the site now says it has 20% more power.
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkiní Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  15. #7190
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    14,608
    So I just finished that first bowl. I was diddling around and let it run through its four minute cycle several times, I want to say 4 or 5 times. Indicator light changed to orange which means 60-20% power. So, what? 4/5 sessions uses 40% power?

    Here is what is left of the flower. People say you can bake with it:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190818_125846.jpeg 
Views:	38 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	291599
    Last edited by KQ; 08-18-2019 at 08:11 PM.
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkiní Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  16. #7191
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Sandy, Utah
    Posts
    11,258
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    So I just finished that first bowl. I wad diddling around and let it run through its four minute cycle several times, I want to say 4 or 5 times. Indicator light changed to orange which means 60-20% power. So, what? 4/5 sessions uses 40% power?

    Here is what is left of the flower. People say you can bake with it:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190818_125846.jpeg 
Views:	38 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	291599
    You can use the duff for baking
    Make butter. It will be super sleepy in my experience. You need a lot. I was using about 28grams per 4 sticks butter

    Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    http://www.firsttracksonline.com

    I wish i could be like SkiFishBum

  17. #7192
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    FEMA Region X
    Posts
    741
    Congrats KQ. Looks very similar to the FireFly2.

    Like skidog said... save that AVB and make some budder.

  18. #7193
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    14,608
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    Congrats KQ. Looks very similar to the FireFly2.

    Like skidog said... save that AVB and make some budder.

    Yes I would say it is quite similar to the FireFly2 but mine doesn't do extracts.

    Do you have that? I see the price is comparable to the Crafty by Storz & Bickel.

    Curious - what's the weight on that? And for Ice listening in out there - how is the battery?
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkiní Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  19. #7194
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    FEMA Region X
    Posts
    741

    WEED, The Official Thread

    I do have the FF2. Not the newest version but you can send in the og FF2 and get it updated for a bit of $. I have not used my FF2 since winter. The dynavap took over warm month duties. Much lighter for sure. However...when winter arrives the FF2 will be back as the daily driver. Fuck holding metal and using two hands when itís freezing cold outdoors.

    FF2 weight is 4.9oz according to: https://www.herbonaut.com/firefly-2-review/

    Currently traveling and I donít have the FF2 with me so I canít verify. A few other mags have them and they might be able to verify.

  20. #7195
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    14,608
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    I do have the FF2. Not the newest version but you can send in the og FF2 and get it updated for a bit of $. I have not used my FF2 since winter. The dynavap took over warm month duties. Much lighter for sure. However...when winter arrives the FF2 will be back as the daily driver. Fuck holding metal and using two hands when itís freezing cold outdoors.

    FF2 weight is 4.9oz according to: https://www.herbonaut.com/firefly-2-review/

    Currently traveling and I donít have the FF2 with me so I canít verify. A few other mags have them and they might be able to verify.
    So how about the battery life? How much use between charges?
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkiní Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  21. #7196
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    8,235
    All I know is that the way some of the folks on the TRGs talk, they probably need a freaking car battery just to power a single session. Especially at BBI. #toxicmetallictasteharshesmymellow

  22. #7197
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    4,528
    Bring a cute date to Alpental, Valentine's 2020
    PE, Mechanical Engineering
    University of Bridger Bowl Alumnus
    Alpental Creeper

  23. #7198
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Der Town
    Posts
    6,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Bring a cute date to Alpental, Valentine's 2020
    I just remember night skiing and seeing the lights and you flicker in stop motion animation.

  24. #7199
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The Cone of Uncertainty
    Posts
    46,926
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Ice: Thinking about what you posted about that "one charge" review. Did they say how much they smoked? Was that the video review? My estimate is based on people being light to medium users but I suppose if someone was a total stoner and hit it hard it might need to be charged after "one use" if that use was higher than average.
    I can't find it right now but ut was a couple weeks ago when you brought up this vape for the first time (first time I saw it at least), I thought you posted it. Kind of a weird-looking guy with his hair pulled straight up with a rubber band. He did mention that he's a big stoner but he said he just gets one bowl out of it I believe.

  25. #7200
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Alpental
    Posts
    5,389
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    All I know is that the way some of the folks on the TRGs talk, they probably need a freaking car battery just to power a single session. Especially at BBI. #toxicmetallictasteharshesmymellow
    Space Invaders may give way to scary monsters and superfreaks.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •