Page 347 of 372 FirstFirst ... 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 ... LastLast
Results 8,651 to 8,675 of 9282
    Thanks for that Schindler. This gets me started

Sadly, Too much sugary stuff in the mints.
    Gotta think thru the size of a gummy needed with half a tablespoon of the tincture (20 mg).

That said, they seem to be assuming 9% thc yield from their bud, so easy to improve there, and using more than 7g of bud will concentrate further.

Forty, I think the tincture recipe assumes decarbed bud going in. The two hours of jar simmer are like simmering in crock pot with coconut oil.

Your point about shelf life is well taken - no thought given until now. I guess my plan would be to freeze the gummies and pull a few for the days events. Hopefully they won’t dissolve and grow fur in a day.

I’ve enough bud I can give an oz to Science, and can live with a batch or two of sadness in the quest for a sugar-free edible.

Thanks again

Edit to add - I too think “toasted weed” would an interesting ice cream flavor

If you want sugar free I think RSO is going to be your best bet. Erl in your coffee. Bobby Baker will want royalties.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Dang 200mg most evenings. No dreams there
    Yeah, wow.

On one hand everyone I know who makes edibles grossly over estimates their strength, but on the other, dude sorts sounds like he knows what he's talking about..

No judgement intended. There also seem to be people who are partially to fully immune to edibles and can consume amounts that would leave most people comatose. I haven't seen a good explanation for this but it's probably related to genetics and the liver enzymes that convert delta-9 to 11-hydroxy when THC is ingested.

well it is a guesstimate... but i think its fairly close
    assumptions:
    cured flower/no trim: 20% thc (prob a little high for outdoor, closer for indoor)
    extraction rate: 50% (prob a bit low and closer to 60-70% but idk)
    efficiency return rate: 75% (fairly accurate by weight)
    which means for each gram of flower i get 75mg thc

so 350g flower extracts to 26250mg thc
    make 16 choc bars, 32 pieces per bar, 512 pieces total
    that gives roughly 51mg thc per piece

certainly not a perfect science, but through experimentation i think its pretty close, i eat 4 which is similar to my normal dose of store bought, friends eat 1, non smokers start with 1/4

lecithin and cacao butter extraction help with bioavailability quite a bit, but my gut biome is weird and certainly not normal in processing foods, definitely fall into the category above

no dreams is the goal, and it is achieved

The only time edibles have had any effect on me was back in 1988 when I ate an entire hash brownie in one bite. Apparently, it was supposed to have been a snack for the whole night... I was damn near trippin'

Before edibles was a thing, we used to just eat chunks of hash.

...made you shit a brick, though.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    Before edibles was a thing, we used to just eat chunks of hash.

...made you shit a brick, though.
    I ate enough hash for a few lifetimes. I'd eat more if I could. I was with some Germans in a coffee shop in Amsterdam when I was 17 on our HS German class trip and they were horrified that I wanted to eat it. I was just trying to get around their nasty habit of smoking it with tobacco.

Quote Originally Posted by forty View Post
    well it is a guesstimate... but i think its fairly close
    assumptions:
    cured flower/no trim: 20% thc (prob a little high for outdoor, closer for indoor)
    extraction rate: 50% (prob a bit low and closer to 60-70% but idk)
    efficiency return rate: 75% (fairly accurate by weight)
    which means for each gram of flower i get 75mg thc

so 350g flower extracts to 26250mg thc
    make 16 choc bars, 32 pieces per bar, 512 pieces total
    that gives roughly 51mg thc per piece

certainly not a perfect science, but through experimentation i think its pretty close, i eat 4 which is similar to my normal dose of store bought, friends eat 1, non smokers start with 1/4

lecithin and cacao butter extraction help with bioavailability quite a bit, but my gut biome is weird and certainly not normal in processing foods, definitely fall into the category above

no dreams is the goal, and it is achieved
    Personally I think you’re light on output. I use these metrics
    - 15% decarb loss
    - 25% loss on extraction

So 85% * 75% = about 64% recovery from bud, which I round to 2/3 in my estimating

Which appear to be about double your assumed yield

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    If you want sugar free I think RSO is going to be your best bet. Erl in your coffee. Bobby Baker will want royalties.
    Yeah, no. RSO tastes like shit. And you need to put cream in the coffee for suspension/absorption. So between the RSO and the cream, a perfectly good cup of coffee gets wasted.

And carrying around a syringe while skiing is asking for a canna mess.

I think I can make “sweet tart” flavor if I sweeten with a little stevia and a little key lime juice. Stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Yeah, no. RSO tastes like shit. And you need to put cream in the coffee for suspension/absorption. So between the RSO and the cream, a perfectly good cup of coffee gets wasted.

And carrying around a syringe while skiing is asking for a canna mess.

I think I can make “sweet tart” flavor if I sweeten with a little stevia and a little key lime juice. Stay tuned.
    No cream in your coffee?!?!?! Barbarian!!! Begone!!!

^^^Philistine!

WEED, The Official Thread

I miss Splat in this thread!

Mostly chiming in to say I’m still amazed and pissed my state, (WY), is still running away from any type of legalization.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Last edited by schwerty; 12-21-2021 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    There also seem to be people who are partially to fully immune to edibles and can consume amounts that would leave most people comatose.
    i haven't taken a shitload of edibles but every time i've taken them and that's at least a dozen times, they don't seem to do shit so i just stick with flower.

I ate enough hash for a few lifetimes. I'd eat more if I could. I was just trying to get around their nasty habit of smoking it with tobacco.
    wtf? why would you eat more if the only reason you were doing it previously was because you didn't want to roll one up w/o tobacco? legit question since you have the experience. how much hash does one have to eat to feel a similar effect to one burning it? i ask b/c situations where you're smoking hash are often quite random and most times, the random you run into wants to share it, doesn't have enough for you to make a meal out of it and offers you to rip a few on a lift or something. seems counterproductive but to each to his own.

Quote Originally Posted by getoutside View Post
    i haven't taken a shitload of edibles but every time i've taken them and that's at least a dozen times, they don't seem to do shit so i just stick with flower.

wtf? why would you eat more if the only reason you were doing it previously was because you didn't want to roll one up w/o tobacco? legit question since you have the experience. how much hash does one have to eat to feel a similar effect to one burning it? i ask b/c situations where you're smoking hash are often quite random and most times, the random you run into wants to share it, doesn't have enough for you to make a meal out of it and offers you to rip a few on a lift or something. seems counterproductive but to each to his own.
    Ya, I'd usually eat a gram at first. I was looking to trip not just get high. Avoiding tobacco was an afterthought born of experience. You could get couch lock pretty easy on a gram from the stuff we had. I wasn't bumming from randoms. There was enough that it had good portions of the gold seals left on it

Ya, I'd usually eat a gram at first. I was looking to trip not just get high. Avoiding tobacco was an afterthought born of experience. You could get couch lock pretty easy on a gram from the stuff we had. I wasn't bumming from randoms. There was enough that it had good portions of the gold seals left on it
    word. that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by getoutside View Post
    word. that makes sense.
    About as much sense as anything I did at that age.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post

Mostly chiming in to say I’m still amazed and pissed my state, (WY), is still running away from any type of legalization.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Cause we're all about the FREEDOMS!

What state has more legal cannabis dispensaries than WA, CA & OR combined? And yet its only legal for medical?

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/29/u...uana-boom.html

34 hours until full rec legalization in Montana.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    34 hours until full rec legalization in Montana.
    So I should stick up before the shit show?

If you have a card I would think that is a wise thing to do. I have enough to survive another month right now so I'm not sweating anything.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    So I should stick up before the shit show?
    Wait until there's some cash in the drawers at least, yeesh. Rookie.

Oh wait, you meant "stock" up. Never mind.

TBS you get any gummy experimentation going yet?

amazon dropped off last of ingredients today
    made up 20g of bubble from frozen popcorn last week
    shooting for 120 x 50mg but who knows where it may go once in the kitchen
    experimentation starts tomorrow