Page 309 of 371 FirstFirst ... 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 ... LastLast
Results 7,701 to 7,725 of 9267
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    ^^^ yesterday I spoke with one of our customers in Alberta. The max price producers are getting now is $3/gram because with all the taxes and fees layered on, any higher price makes them uncompetitive with the “unregulated” market.

He told me he thinks Canada would be better of with Trump than Trudeau. Granted, he lives in Canada’s version of Texas, but that’s still a bold statement
    Well I guess this goes to show that not everybody is laughing at the USA,

but the legal weed market in Canada is new/very fucked up
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Thanks for the info guys! I knew I came to the right place. Probably going to be a combo inside/outside. Have french doors leading out to a giant patio. Start with a couple three plants to see how it goes.

Splat, I'd take a few if you want to part with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski220 View Post
    https://amp-cnn-com.cdn.ampproject.o...s%2Findex.html

Well, whatever model it is, it seems to work just fine. Probably better then my volcano for a single person use anyway.

Attachment 325228
    Truly love the Volcano.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the jar I bought has the seals and all
    Here in Ontario we've seen counterfeit containers, seals and all..

He told me he thinks Canada would be better of with Trump than Trudeau. Granted, he lives in Canada’s version of Texas, but that’s still a bold statement
    Sorry but your friend is a moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    As an American who wishes he was Canadian, you're absolutely right. A fucking Mr. Potato Head doll would be a better president than the orange shit-gibbon.

He's not a friend, he's a customer, so I didn't argue about Trump vs Trudeau.

I do see his point about pricing though - the government failed to complete the supply chain with sufficient retail, so the producers are getting killed right now.

I do see his point about pricing though - the government failed to complete the supply chain with sufficient retail, so the producers are getting killed right now.
    Yes and no. There's a whole slew of issues at play here, and that is definitely one part of it, but many of the failed large LP's really had no clue how to grow, market, expand etc.

(and they're in AB? AB has (had?) the highest number of retail stores of all the provinces. They were lauded as one of the provinces that had the most user friendly retail systems)

Yes and no. There's a whole slew of issues at play here, and that is definitely one part of it, but many of the failed large LP's really had no clue how to grow, market, expand etc.
    ^^^That too. We turned down a bunch of business because we knew their operations would become a large dumpster fire in short order. There's a big difference between running an illegal 1K ft^2 indoor grow and 60K ft^2 of canopy under lights.

(and they're in AB? AB has (had?) the highest number of retail stores of all the provinces. They were lauded as one of the provinces that had the most user friendly retail systems)
    Agreed - In the first year of legalization AB had the highest sales of any province, mostly because they had the most retail supply. But there's still a huge imbalance. Oregon has the same population as AB and has 4X the number of dispos.

In the final analysis, there were too many producer licenses issued. And law enforcement is not going after the unregulated producers. Result - street price from the unregulated market is still less than through govt stores.

I'm not surprised by this situation. Twenty five years ago I worked for a company that built small breweries. Same situation - a fair number of our customers crashed and burned because they couldn't scale from their stove-top systems.

a first time legal pot user here

The last 15 yars black market pot up here was 200-240 Can$ an oz for a baggy full of whatever buddy was selling whereas I just bought some MKLTR which works out to 184$ per OZ so it was cheaper than what I been paying and I think there is also cheaper if you are on a budget

it was all bud, didnt kill my throat to smoke, it came in a sealed date stamped jar ... seems pretty good

In Ontario I'm seeing ounces for less than $120, and that's from the government website.

That's way less than I was getting it from on the black market.

yup ^^ cheaper, i don't use that much so its better by the 8th not having to buy larger amounts, have you followed the pricing since it has become legal ?

Appreciate your insight TBS.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    In Ontario I'm seeing ounces for less than $120, and that's from the government website.

That's way less than I was getting it from on the black market.
    And it might actually be smokable..

(I haven't bought any legal weed in over a year) but what I was seeing was bone dry, dusty, ass flavoured with no cure, sticks and stems bullshit. I'm not a hater of legalization, I want this to succeed, but I couldn't smoke what was available at the time. Literally composted much of it. Definitely grow your own if you're able to.

I'm sure it's better now though

For reference, per-oz prices at my favorite local dispo (Tokyo Starfish) range from $180 to $320, including 20% tax. Or $250 - $450 in MapleDollars. And this is a competitive market. The range is due to quantity and shelf time. Definitely get what you pay for.

We had the same overproduction issue in Oregon early on. After the first year of legalization there was a seven year supply in the system. It's gone away as it was blasted to erl and the clowns exited the market. I feel sorry for the southern OR and NorCal outdoor growers. They pioneered the business in the early days but are getting slaughtered now. It's agriculture folks! Low cost producer and all that.

Pretty sure I made the same post a year or two ago but.. Scissor hash! Wow that shit is potent.

Also, this thread was buried three pages deep, during a quarantine. Lets do better.

TBS - what are black market prices there currently?

If you can find yourself some Canguru de Oaxaca or Santa Marta Purple, you're in for a real good time. Scalp tingling, grin-inducing sativas. Highly recommended.

Wow, I can't believe seeds have gotten that inexpensive. $10 bucks a seed seems crazy cheap to me.

Actually with shipping it’s closer to 12
    It’s the places you ride that are special, not you riding there.”

All stunts performed without a net!

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    In western Oregon it is anywhere from zero dollars up to multiple times that amount

umm, what's the best way to store weed long-term. Does freezing fuck it up?

- asking for a friend.
    Allegedly.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    No idea mang. I only consume my own, what is grown by friends via barter, and the occasional run to Tokyo Starfish for Magic Number tinctures.
    I'm running a special for local mags though - free jar of Jack Herer bud. PM for pickup.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    umm, what's the best way to store weed long-term. Does freezing fuck it up?

- asking for a friend.
    Allegedly.
    Yes - freezing pulls out the moisture.

Put fresh bud in mason jars at 62% rH, toss in a bovida bag, store jars in dark, cool space. Can store for a couple of years like that.

I would have to disagree with that.

Freezing may pull out some moisture from the bud but will not harm the THC.

Freezing, refrigeration then cool dark space. In that order.

Key is proper sealing no matter which method is used.

(told to me by a friend)

Quote Originally Posted by OregonDead View Post
    In western Oregon it is anywhere from zero dollars up to multiple times that amount
    lol. Like to place an order...