Page 290 of 371 FirstFirst ... 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 ... LastLast
Results 7,226 to 7,250 of 9264
    Curious why are seeds so damn expensive? I used to get hundreds of them in the 80’s.
    It’s the places you ride that are special, not you riding there.”

All stunts performed without a net!

What quality were the seeds you got in the 80's?
    I had a fuckin garbage bag full of them back then. All mexican shit weed.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    What quality were the seeds you got in the 80's?
    I had a fuckin garbage bag full of them back then. All mexican shit weed.
    Good 'ol seed roulette. I will never ever find that "Gold Bud" again. However, I will always recall it whenever this topic comes up. I'd like to think it was descended from MTF, but I am probably wrong.

Home made cannabutter

From this

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4269.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	296830

To this

Name:	IMG_4274.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	296831

To this

Name:	IMG_4276.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	296832

To this

Name:	59184029437__859D8A51-1A47-4DD8-8A50-8BD5E7F377FD.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	296829

Friend of mine did four lbs of bud with four lbs of butter and made rice crispy treats.
    A two inch square was an asskicker.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperChief View Post
    Curious why are seeds so damn expensive? I used to get hundreds of them in the 80’s.
    Breeding isn't easy.

I've got a collection of 100+ varietals in seed form from the 90s and 00s. Paid some big money for some of them.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

#vapegate - "A new study by a Colorado lab points to a new potential culprit in the nationwide wave of lung injuries caused by vaping: a rare disease caused by inhalation of a chemical present in many cheap vape pens that is used to fuse metals together.

The study used data from 53 patient cases in Wisconsin and Illinois who suffered severe lung illness due to vaping. From that study, the lab concluded that the vaping illness symptoms directly correlate to an advanced stage of a very rare disease, almost exclusively suffered by welders and others who inhale chemical concoctions, called Metal Fume Fever.

The advanced stage of Metal Fume Fever, which the lab believes are the equivalent of the vaping illnesses, is called Cadmium Pneumonitis.

The culprit chemical, according to the lab? Silver solder, which helps binds metals together in many cheaply manufactured vape pens, which contains the chemical cadmium. When inhaled, cadmium oxide fumes are highly toxic to organs, and according to the study the fumes "directly injure lung cells, leading to fluid accumulation, impaired lung function, and respiratory failure.""

https://www.wweek.com/news/state/201...eap-vape-pens/

Baker bob was right

#vapegate - "A new study by a Colorado lab points to a new potential culprit in the nationwide wave of lung injuries caused by vaping: a rare disease caused by inhalation of a chemical present in many cheap vape pens that is used to fuse metals together.

The study used data from 53 patient cases in Wisconsin and Illinois who suffered severe lung illness due to vaping. From that study, the lab concluded that the vaping illness symptoms directly correlate to an advanced stage of a very rare disease, almost exclusively suffered by welders and others who inhale chemical concoctions, called Metal Fume Fever.

The advanced stage of Metal Fume Fever, which the lab believes are the equivalent of the vaping illnesses, is called Cadmium Pneumonitis.

The culprit chemical, according to the lab? Silver solder, which helps binds metals together in many cheaply manufactured vape pens, which contains the chemical cadmium. When inhaled, cadmium oxide fumes are highly toxic to organs, and according to the study the fumes "directly injure lung cells, leading to fluid accumulation, impaired lung function, and respiratory failure.""

https://www.wweek.com/news/state/201...eap-vape-pens/
    Interesting. I was wondering if the carts themselves could be an issue.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Baker bob was right
    Beat me to it.

WEED, The Official Thread

^^^so do I stop using my inexpensive Nokian flower vape?

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    ^^^so do I stop using my inexpensive Nokian flower vape?
    I'm just talking outta my arse here but I'm inclined to think the dry herb vapes are not the same as the cartridges that hold concentrate. Obviously you have to make your own decision.

If this is the case that carts are the issue hopefully some regulation will come into play and people can go back to vaping with confidence. I did wonder about why it suddenly appeared after all these years of vaping. Seemed like it had to be something that was added to black market products or long term affects catching up with people but again, I'm just speculating based on what I've read.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

WEED, The Official Thread

I'm concerned enough about concentrate vaping that I now want to get a dry herb vape as it does seem the issue could be cartridges. I know this has been discussed on here so feel free to tell me to fuck off.

What dry herb vape would people recommend? Not big party sessions - more just a few hits at a time. Easy to use, low maintenance, just works and easy to clean, and not desktop size. I've read some of the reviews on here but not sure what I should try.

Firefly

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Interesting. I was wondering if the carts themselves could be an issue.
    I was hearing the carts were an issue over a year ago in that the metals used in China were impure and contained everything from lead to heavy metals. I don't think they asked people if they were black marketeers, then sold bad carts only to them. But that sounds like a great scare the government would use to allow and legitimize tax paying distributors to possibly continue to sell contaminated carts.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I'm just talking outta my arse here but I'm inclined to think the dry herb vapes are not the same as the cartridges that hold concentrate. Obviously you have to make your own decision.

If this is the case that carts are the issue hopefully some regulation will come into play and people can go back to vaping with confidence. I did wonder about why it suddenly appeared after all these years of vaping. Seemed like it had to be something that was added to black market products or long term affects catching up with people but again, I'm just speculating based on what I've read.
    I think it took awhile for the explosion of cut-rate vaping products to flood the illegal market, and for the connetction to be made between lung injury and possible causes. 18 deaths now in 15 states. Likely culprits
    1. Illegal oils with potential toxin/pesticides - much the the lung tissue damage has the appearance of chemical burns
    2. Poorly maunfactured carts/black market products leading to off gassing of trace metals, esp when combined with variable high temp devices.

https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/basic_in...l#what-we-know

Yet, out of the ~1100 cases in 48 states nation wide, very few in the legal and regulated states (outside of CA). Only 1-9 in WA, CO where it's been legal the longest.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    What dry herb vape would people recommend? Not big party sessions - more just a few hits at a time. Easy to use, low maintenance, just works and easy to clean, and not desktop size. I've read some of the reviews on here but not sure what I should try.
    For something relatively cheap and pocketable, I've had a POTV One ($130) for about 6 months now and I'm very happy with it. Someone on here had really good things to say about the Arizer Solo 2, which is a bit more (seems to be perpetually "on sale" for $180-200) but definitely looks slick and has a swappable battery. If you want to go full-dentite then Storz&Bickel Crafty or Mighty.

The main selling point of the Firefly seems to be the 3-second heatup time, if that matters to you. Cheaper than S&B products but still leaning towards a dentite pricepoint. The main thing you want is primarily or entirely convection heating.

To me, vaping associated lung disease aside, vaping flower just seems healthier all around. Like eating whole vs. processed foods.

I was hearing the carts were an issue over a year ago in that the metals used in China were impure and contained everything from lead to heavy metals. I don't think they asked people if they were black marketeers, then sold bad carts only to them. But that sounds like a great scare the government would use to allow and legitimize tax paying distributors to possibly continue to sell contaminated carts.
    LOL@ "asked people if they were black marketeers." Of course not and I didn't mean to imply I thought that but rather the cheaper ones were made with cheap materials and that black market sellers would be more likely to go as low as possible on carts to maximize their profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    I think it took awhile for the explosion of cut-rate vaping products to flood the illegal market, and for the connetction to be made between lung injury and possible causes. 18 deaths now in 15 states. Likely culprits
    1. Illegal oils with potential toxin/pesticides - much the the lung tissue damage has the appearance of chemical burns
    2. Poorly maunfactured carts/black market products leading to off gassing of trace metals, esp when combined with variable high temp devices.

https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/basic_in...l#what-we-know

Yet, out of the ~1100 cases in 48 states nation wide, very few in the legal and regulated states (outside of CA). Only 1-9 in WA, CO where it's been legal the longest.

Another bit of food for thought on all of this is that Europe is not experiencing these same issues.

Edit/add: reading through the link you posted I noticed the high number of cases in UT. That is surprising, at least to me.

I'm concerned enough about concentrate vaping that I now want to get a dry herb vape as it does seem the issue could be cartridges. I know this has been discussed on here so feel free to tell me to fuck off.

I like my Pulsar Flow. It has enough battery life for me and is easy to use. I'm a very light user and it frequently sits for weeks without use but still holds a charge.

All those other's DTM listed are great too.
    Last edited by KQ; 10-09-2019 at 03:46 PM.

I like my Nokiva. Mine was about $40. It only fits a gram or so but I can set the temp, it has a battery display, fits in my pocket, and is easy to use.

https://www.vapes.com/products/airis...bustion-baking

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    I like my Nokiva. Mine was about $40. It only fits a gram or so but I can set the temp, it has a battery display, fits in my pocket, and is easy to use.

https://www.vapes.com/products/airis...bustion-baking
    I’m also a fan of this simple, yet effective, little device.
    crab in my shoe mouth

I too am taking a break from the pens until more is determined. I do honestly think they made me a wee bit wheezy if I over imbibed.

I have a firefly from a couple years ago. It's okay. I recently purchased a pax 2 and think it's a bit better than the Firefly overall. The pax 3 cost a bit more and didn't seem like it offered up much different besides a stupid phone app.

Voting for Arizer Solo 2. Real solid, made in Canada unit. Your weed is packed into the end of a glass tube that then goes into an otherwise enclosed metal chamber. Some say this is a very safe feature. Hits great, totally customizable digital temperature selection and outstanding flavor.

https://arizer.com/solo2/

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    I’m also a fan of this simple, yet effective, little device.
    You're on the record as saying vaping flower is for morons.

Hey people change.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    You're on the record as saying vaping flower is for morons.

Hey people change.
    I’m all edibles all the time now, so yeah
    crab in my shoe mouth