Page 338 of 371 FirstFirst ... 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 ... LastLast
Results 8,426 to 8,450 of 9264
    Waiting for buds to properly cure is one of the hardest things to do. Stoner problems.

Quote Originally Posted by RockChalk View Post
    I'm about two weeks out from chopping my first grow attempt - autoflower under 260w QBs in soil. All things considered I am definitely proud of the (almost) finished plant.

Any guidance on drying/curing? Planning on finding the coldest darkest place in my house and hang drying until the stems snap cleanly but I'm pretty much lost from that point on.

Attachment 375016
    Attachment 375017
    Attachment 375019
    Awesome, dood. I have one auto right now on 24 light called Berry Bomb that's about 40 days in and flowering like a mofo. Dank ass smell, too. Supposed to be 90 days sprout to harvest and I believe it. I like the short cycle. Sometimes after a seven-month grow, I get like, "Fuck, when will it end?" I have a bunch of regular starts on the 24 hour light with the auto that will go outside when they get two feet tall and then they'll go to flower and be done early.

Cure time in Nevada? Instant. Fuck, they dry fast here unless you humidify. Theoretically, it should be a couple weeks hanging, a few in the box, then jar.
    All depends where you live.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Awesome, dood. I have one auto right now on 24 light called Berry Bomb that's about 40 days in and flowering like a mofo. Dank ass smell, too. Supposed to be 90 days sprout to harvest and I believe it. I like the short cycle. Sometimes after a seven-month grow, I get like, "Fuck, when will it end?" I have a bunch of regular starts on the 24 hour light with the auto that will go outside when they get two feet tall and then they'll go to flower and be done early.

Cure time in Nevada? Instant. Fuck, they dry fast here unless you humidify. Theoretically, it should be a couple weeks hanging, a few in the box, then jar.
    All depends where you live.
    7 months? Terpenes taking their sweet time? Outdoors?

I find that the tent is a convenient place to dry if you don't have another cycle starting up immediately. I string a few lines inside the tent and set my fan to keep the humidity around 50%. They hang until the stems snap or the buds seem dry. I then proceed as TBS does except I use 75% instead of his 85% and shoot for 65% final rH.

If you are not happy with the fan you have, I strongly recommend the AC Infinity T series. I have this one and it is a bit overkill for a 5 x 3' tent but it has probes for temp and rH, can program for high or low temp or rH; as well as being quiet, powerful, easy to clean, and not that expensive for what it is.

Plus I think the coupon code 'growcast 15' will still get you 15% off.
    In with the 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostintime View Post
    7 months? Terpenes taking their sweet time? Outdoors?
    Indoor early starts. Yeah, it seems like forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostintime View Post
    Bump for RC. Good advice here. Remember, everyone's drying situation is different so times may need to be tweaked. Monitor closely.
    Have you ever used the Boost or Aveda humidity control packets, TBS?

X

Not familiar with these brands splat. I’ve used Boveda packs before to reduce humidity in the jar. Results were kind of spotty, and I lost some nice bud to mold that way.

Once I learned the curing method I outlined earlier, I found humidity packs were not worth the $$$.

That said, I toss in a Boveda pack when I start consuming from a jar. Keeps bud from drying out too fast when “burping” frequently

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Not familiar with these brands splat. I’ve used Boveda packs before to reduce humidity in the jar. Results were kind of spotty, and I lost some nice bud to mold that way.

Once I learned the curing method I outlined earlier, I found humidity packs were not worth the $$$.

That said, I toss in a Boveda pack when I start consuming from a jar. Keeps bud from drying out too fast when “burping” frequently
    Have used Boveda and have mixed feelings. Detected an off taste which I had read about, but with time I didn't notice anything. Also, you can't rely on them to get to optimum humidity while curing, but they seem to work fine like TBS uses them. I agree, if you get the cure right, you shouldn't need them if you store your bud properly. I use them for the jar I'm presently working out of.

Like a humidor for your weed.

I’ve used these for flower purchased at the dispensary. It helps here in the desert to keep it from turning into powder in the grinder.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Like a humidor for your weed.
    Boveda started out serving the cigar trade

One of the companies was hq'd nearby so they were super schwaggin at local events. Between that and going to mj bizcon, I've had a lot of them given to me, so I've used them. I just found a jar with one in it that I forgot about a few months ago and opened it and it was sooo fresh.

Genetics by Night Owl - strain is Mango Sunrise which is a sativa heavy hybrid. Finished in 75 days. I attribute my first timer success to incredible genetics honestly. I battled hot temps, light burn, underwatering, overwatering and this plant just kept trucking.

Cloudline T6 fan & 260w Quantum Board kit from HLG were by far my best investments in this grow and the T6 fan is regulating climate perfectly through the first day of drying - steady at ~70* and 50% rh.

Excited for my next run, still deciding if I want to go with another few autoflowers or a photoperiod scrog - I think I could fit 2 photos in a 2x4 tent and veg until the screen is full then flip to 12/12.

I'm bummed. I had a few plants going tucked away in a quiet corner of the yard and looking really good. The neighbor had some tree work done and branches fell where I had them but missed crushing them and of course then one of the workers hopped the fence to toss the branches back to their side and stomped all over my plants I have a couple more seeds and some that are (at least) 15 years old, guess I'll put them out and see what happens but time may be short now for good results.

Anyone interested in hooking a brother up with some seeds? VA goes legal on July 1, we’re allowed 4 plants per household. I figure my best bet is to propagate a bunch inside and hopefully stick the 4 healthiest ones in the ground on go day.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

^^^ I use Pacific Seed Bank in Cali. Come in the mail in a "plain brown wrapper". Every seed I've purchased from them (prolly 100) has popped.
    https://www.pacificseedbank.com/

Speaking of which, I need to put up some more sativa for winter. Need show of hands - should I grow:
    - Acapulco Gold
    or
    - Panama Red
    (yes I'm really old school)

Both have the usual sativa bloom times, and THC content is comparable for quasi-land race strains.
    What say the collective?

^^^ I use Pacific Seed Bank in Cali. Come in the mail in a "plain brown wrapper". Every seed I've purchased from them (prolly 100) has popped.

Speaking of which, I need to put up some more sativa for winter. Need show of hands - should I grow:
    - Acapulco Gold
    or
    - Panama Red

Both have the usual sativa bloom times, and THC content is comparable for quasi-land race strains.
    What say the collective?
    Both. Duh.

Don't have room for both

- Acapulco Gold
    or
    - Panama Red

What say the collective?
    Having had both back in the day, my vote goes to Panama Red. I had a buddy who sailed a load of it loose-packed into Cali and the shit was just beautiful, red, and oozing juice. Beautiful high. Gold I got was meh.

Here's an auto called Berry Bomb that's 45 days old since sprouting and budding like a mofo. Been on 24 hour schedule since sprout, gonna let it finish outdoors.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bud.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	375665  
    Last edited by splat; 05-27-2021 at 12:25 AM.

OK an update - PSB's billing has changed since my last purchase - you must use Zelle, MESH or Bitcoin to pay, or you can send them a check, wait until it clears then they process the order.

And MESH's fees are 8%

So FUCK PACIFIC SEED BANK

Pot producers are pushing to clamp down on Delta-8 THC

Delta-8 tetrahydrocannabinol is a naturally occurring compound found in low levels in marijuana plants. The molecule is almost identical to that of Delta-9 THC — commonly known as just “THC,” the main psychoactive compound in marijuana — and some users say Delta-8 offers a more-relaxing, “THC-light” kind of high.

Delta-8 products are sold in gas stations and smoke shops across the country, falling in a gray area of U.S. law. Under the 2018 Farm Bill, hemp — cannabis containing less than 0.3% THC content — can be transported and sold within the country. CBD, an increasingly popular cannabinoid extracted from hemp, is allowed as well, but there was little said about the dozens of other compounds that can be extracted, such as Delta-8.

Delta-8 is particularly concerning to some scientists because it can be easy to make. Users can simply mix over-the-counter CBD with battery acid, pool chemicals or even household vinegar to produce it, although there are methods that don’t use acids.

The previously unreported effort by industry leaders to rein in the booming but unchecked sector comes as chemists and health advocates sound alarms over potentially dangerous contaminants, such as lead and arsenic, and unpredictable potency levels in some commercially available products. Two tests of Delta-8 samples — one by the U.S. Cannabis Council trade group and another commissioned by Bloomberg News — found high levels of intoxicants in several of the products, as well as metals in some of them.

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-...n-delta-8-thc/

OK an update - PSB's billing has changed since my last purchase - you must use Zelle, MESH or Bitcoin to pay, or you can send them a check, wait until it clears then they process the order.

And MESH's fees are 8%

So FUCK PACIFIC SEED BANK
    Look up Attitude Seed Bank in Euroland, TBS.

In other news......

U.S. cannabis industry and federal lawmakers take notice: The nation’s second-largest company is embracing nationwide marijuana legalization.

Online retail giant Amazon on Wednesday endorsed the U.S. House of Representatives’ federal marijuana reform bill and said it would no longer include cannabis in its drug screening process except for positions regulated by the U.S. Department of Transportation.

In a blog post, Dave Clark, Amazon’s CEO of worldwide consumer, said the Seattle-based company’s public policy team will actively support the Marijuana Opportunity Reinvestment and Expungement Act of 2021 (MORE Act).

https://mjbizdaily.com/amazon-endors...ampaignId=3558

I Have had nothing but good experiences with the following seedbanks:
    DCSeedexchange.com - Ca$h app
    Hembragenetics.com - Mesh
    Northatlanticseed.com - Venmo/Ca$h App

Picked up a couple of Dog Patch (Chemdawg derivatives) clones last week from my favorite grower (Tokyo Starfish). They grow vertically and prune for scrogging.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0583.JPG 
Views:	59 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	377335

I overdid the low stress training and broke the meristem of the plant on the left.
    Had to do some emergency reattachment surgery with fixation.

Name:	IMG_0584.JPG 
Views:	61 
Size:	671.9 KB 
ID:	377336

And a week later that plant has bushed out like [insert misogynist simile of your choice] while the other has grown kinda meh.

Name:	IMG_0587.JPG 
Views:	135 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	377337

No idea if the growth is related to my rough treatment, but I'm not complaining. Should be ready to start bloom cycle in 3 weeks at this rate