Page 328 of 371 FirstFirst ... 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 ... LastLast
Results 8,176 to 8,200 of 9264
    Kind of in that^^^ vein, I wonder if we're getting far enough out from the "spice" fiasco that we can start to have a real discussion about synthetic cannabinoids. THC is great, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be improved in various ways. I have no idea if there's any room in the various legalization laws that allows for serious research in this area, something akin to Shulgin's work but with cannabinoids.

The spice must flow

WEED, The Official Thread

I recently listened to a podcast hosted by some very intelligent docs on another subject.
    There was considerable discussion about how modern “farming” has manipulated products most of us use.

The first point was made about coffee, (something I consume most days). The second was made regarding cannabis.
    In “our” desire to make the most potent and “best” coffee and weed we seem to have really strayed from the health attributes of both. Crossing this, that and the other to make the most potent, (THC), strains might be fun for the rec market but is it fucking up medicinal qualities.

I got plenty high from Skunk #1, Juciy Fruit, Thai flavors, White Russian, Williy’s, NL 1, 2 and 5, etc.
    Are current high potency strains losing the qualities we used to know? I dunno.
    it does make sense. Are all the fancy pants crosses, (a lot of which I like), stripping away from the full effect being that they are cultivated for the THC ?
    Last edited by schwerty; 02-26-2021 at 09:32 AM.

I'd still like to try some 3X Crazy sometime.

Schwerty, breeders aren’t just trying to max out THC levels.

One great example is Charlottes Web, a high CBD strain originally developed for a little girl (Charlotte) who suffered horribly from epileptic seizures.

The strain Jilly Bean was bred for its terpenoids - a bong hit tastes like a handful of skittles.

People are adding terpenes to erl to bring out desired characteristics as well.

As people figure out the effects of the 100+ cannabinoids in weed, you can expect additional breeding to bring out those traits.

Yeah. The illegality of weed is what made people focus on THC. Now that it is legal in so many places people are more inclined to breed/grow strains that have other benefits, and it's easier to pitch those to someone in a store versus on a streetcorner.

All I know is it is sure a lot more fun and easy to hit the dispensary than it is to grow our own. However, if cost is a factor, growing your own is waaaay cheaper.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Some Green Crack also sounds appealing. I'd like to smoke it out of a glass stem for old time sakes.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    All I know is it is sure a lot more fun and easy to hit the dispensary than it is to grow our own. However, if cost is a factor, growing your own is waaaay cheaper.
    But, like everything else, diy is way more satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I'd still like to try some 3X Crazy sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by berko View Post
    But, like everything else, diy is way more satisfying.
    For me, it's knowing what went in, what didn't go in/on, and flushing it real good.

So, this actually sounds like what I am looking for more than ‘full strength’ THC. I will try it and report back if I can get it shipped.
    ‘Bud light’, if you will?

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/27/h...gtype=Homepage

Any of you try delta 8 products?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    For me, it's knowing what went in, what didn't go in/on, and flushing it real good.
    This.
    And gardening is fun.

Anyone buying Delta 8 where they live?

I just bought some online, I’ll report back. But maybe what I really want are 1-2mg gummies or candies.
    ‘Micro-dosing’, LOL

imo d8 is sketch...
    its legality is... debatable...
    the chemistry to convert cbd to d8 is not well refined, the resulting isolate is not well understood, and the testing for d8 is very much not established or accurate
    im not aware of any reputable companies selling d8
    in no way shape or form do i trust any product claiming d8, its being pushed by those who care little for customer health and are trying to make a quick buck before the legalities catch up to the loophole
    yes d8 is an interesting natural occurring cannabinoid, but the products surrounding its manufactured isolate are sketch as fuck imo
    be careful, dont trust the label for shit, its literally complete bs because the testing is complete bs

caveat: i havent stayed up on d8 info last few months, and things are rapidly changing in regards to testing and extraction processes, but i still dont trust shit at all until i see the lab results and know the lab it came from

I figure that if it doesn’t really do much for me, I’ll give it to my 15 y.o. dog for pain...

Planning an outdoor grow...in the sonoran desert...any tips outside of make sure they have plenty of water?

Looking at 2-3 plants from seed (femnzd) planted above ground in terra cotta pots with a drip system coming off of my existing irrigation system.

My rationale is that, well its a weed and seems to thrive in places like afghanistan, pakistan, africa etc...

Quote Originally Posted by RockChalk View Post
    Planning an outdoor grow...in the sonoran desert...any tips outside of make sure they have plenty of water?

Looking at 2-3 plants from seed (femnzd) planted above ground in terra cotta pots with a drip system coming off of my existing irrigation system.

My rationale is that, well its a weed and seems to thrive in places like afghanistan, pakistan, africa etc...
    Be careful competing with the cartel.

make sure your drip rate matches or exceeds your evaporation rate and you should be fine....

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I figure that if it doesn’t really do much for me, I’ll give it to my 15 y.o. dog for pain...
    Start low and add to find your sweetspot.

Outdoor grows do attract a of of bugs, hence why I always grew mostly under lights. But we would bring the plants out for like 6 hours of sun a day and man do they like being outside. As far as watering was concerned, a pretty deep water once every 2-3 days when the soil got dry seemed to work well for me, as we put lots of nutrients in the water and used top grade organic soil for the grows.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    make sure your drip rate matches or exceeds your evaporation rate and you should be fine....
    So, let's say I don't know how to do this. How would one do this? Hypothetically of course.

Quote Originally Posted by RockChalk View Post
    So, let's say I don't know how to do this. How would one do this? Hypothetically of course.
    Assuming a lack of calibrated test equipment i would set up the drip and monitor it and adjust until the medium isnt dripping wet but also isnt dry

I live in high desert conditions
    I think my.garden benefitted from the 30% shadecloth
    Lowered temps maybe 10° helping preserve terps

Lower temps on the leaf surface also reduced the transpiration rate which makes it easier to water and easier to not overfeed or underfeed
    Last edited by 3s; 02-28-2021 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3s View Post
    Assuming a lack of calibrated test equipment i would set up the drip and monitor it and adjust until the medium isnt dripping wet but also isnt dry

I live in high desert conditions
    I think my.garden benefitted from the 30% shadecloth
    Lowered temps maybe 10° helping preserve terps

Lower temps on the leaf surface also reduced the transpiration rate which makes it easier to water and easier to not overfeed or underfeed
    Occam's Razor - makes sense.

I just got talked into running some autos which I think in theory should match up well with when it gets to hot to function in my part of the Sonoran Dez. I figure in the ground mid march, chopped early June.