Page 349 of 372 FirstFirst ... 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 ... LastLast
Results 8,701 to 8,725 of 9282
    Name:  IMG_4209.JPG
Views: 646
Size:  66.3 KB
    out of molds and feels like a gummy
    super tacky and kinda soft
    going to let dry another day then toss in sugar/citric acid
    will try a test dose later on and see how it goes
    guesstimate is 5g gummy = 50mg dose
    big squares are ~30g, small ones are ~5g

Wait, how do you "toss in" sugar/citrix acid to a semi-solid? Dusting them?
    Thank you for your contributions to science

Appreciate the info TBS.
    Having a degree in Forestry and a connoisseur of the green I’m doing some fun and long overdue reading lately.
    Any recs on books? Probably in this thread but my stoner mind has not remembered so.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Wait, how do you "toss in" sugar/citrix acid to a semi-solid? Dusting them?
    Thank you for your contributions to science
    yep giving it the sour patch kid coating
    Name:  IMG_4214.JPG
Views: 612
Size:  76.9 KB

results are in...

tastes like straight rso, the citric acid dusting covers it a little, but it is not candy, not even close

dosage seems accurate, 1g = 10mg, sampled 11g and seemed about what i was expecting

effects were solid, more head and less body than my choc, which makes sense due to material used being fresh frozen and not year old cured and degraded

it also felt like might be more bioavailable for my gut biome, seemed a little stronger than anticipated and came on faster, idk if difference in material or difference in pg vs cacao butter as carrier, both have lecithin added

need to get some samples out for testing by others i trust and adjust according to feedback, but worthy of a round 2 of development, although not sure it will replace choc for taste it is far easier to make (and cheaper)

A spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down

Quote Originally Posted by forty View Post

1g = 10mg, sampled 11g and seemed about what i was expecting

Quote Originally Posted by RockChalk View Post
    Makes complete sense to me.
    I know what to expect of say 100mg and if I’m testing this is the method of choice. Give me 10mg and I couldn’t tell you a damn thing for feedback data.

Edit: the 50 I ate a bit ago is also hitting as expected.

I salute your dedication to science. Thank you for your service.
    In with the 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Makes complete sense to me.
    I know what to expect of say 100mg and if I’m testing this is the method of choice. Give me 10mg and I couldn’t tell you a damn thing for feedback data.

Edit: the 50 I ate a bit ago is also hitting as expected.
    Username checks out.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Appreciate the info TBS.
    Having a degree in Forestry and a connoisseur of the green I’m doing some fun and long overdue reading lately.
    Any recs on books? Probably in this thread but my stoner mind has not remembered so.
    Heh, my BS is in Forestry too.
    As far as books on growing, I’ve liked

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1936807548?tag=uuid10-20

Or

https://www.amazon.com/Cannabis-Grow...s%2C119&sr=8-1

I also peruse ICmag from time to time https://www.icmag.com/
    Like any forum ya gotta sort out the shit, but I’ve found it helpful

That’s a solid first crack at gummies forty. Congrats
    I wonder what would happen if you dissolved some sugar and citric acid and mixed it with your canna oil & gelatin.

A guy I used to ski with made a candy this way, except he used pectin to get a harder set.

We salute your dedication to science

Thanks man, good stuff, again.

Stumbled upon an old wax gram thingy with a few year old kief stuffings I had in the garage.
    What can I do with it?

WEED, The Official Thread

Candidate for US Senate in the Deep South smokes blunt in campaign ad.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ele...ew-ad-n1287631

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1642555368.821576.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	185.3 KB 
ID:	401819

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Candidate for US Senate in the Deep South smokes blunt in campaign ad.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ele...ew-ad-n1287631

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1642555368.821576.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	185.3 KB 
ID:	401819

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    I'd vote for him...

Weed is higher than alcohol. Synergy is highest.

https://www.masslive.com/cannabis/20...irst-time.html

It’s a wonderful world when
    The government can take a big cut off the top
    Most of the business overhead costs are not deductible for tax purposes
    And
    Good businesspeople can still make lots of money

Just completed a 1st run of Tincture. Processed out about 1 pint of a frightening green liquid that has the desired effect.

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis...hem-and-how-to

Chemistry can be fun.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Bump.

Went to my 1st weed store since full legalization. Buddies place that has been in business back when MMJ was the only choice.

Anyway, the showroom was pretty sterile, I gave him some shit that it looked like Ikea, all white with blonde wood trim and a well dressed budtender. Only thing missing was yoga music.

I just wanted to say I had bought legal at least once in my life so I was planning on getting a pre-rolled of a strain from last season with a back story. Last spring he gifted me 6 clones to start my season. I re-planted them and got them going and then got a sheepish message. "Hey dude can I come over and get some cuttings from one of those starts, the one I gave you was the only one I had". I returned the entire plant to him instead, 5 others was plenty.

I was curious how that particular strain turned out (Do-Si-Do). They were out of pre-rolls so I had to buy an 1/8th. Upon sampling the product last night, holy crap. What I grow is effective as in what I am used to and I haven't bought weed in 5-10 years since I started my own grows.

The store bought was 100 proof compared to my 3.2. That 1/8th should last a while.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

^^^Uh yea, the do-si-do I’ve had is pretty potent
    My favorite dispo has prerolls that test at 30%
    https://www.leafly.com/dispensary-in...iant=972341321

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Just completed a 1st run of Tincture. Processed out about 1 pint of a frightening green liquid that has the desired effect.

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis...hem-and-how-to

Chemistry can be fun.
    Thanks for posting the link. I have a few questions. What was your ratio of weed to alcohol? I'm assuming you didn't do any evaporation? You used the oven method for decarb? That link didn't look like a link on my phone browser so it was hard to find their decard method. How'd you get it ground up fine enough? Did you oven dry and break it up in stages as you went through decarb? What alcohol did you use, actual 95% Everclear? I've never tried this before.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Thanks for posting the link. I have a few questions. What was your ratio of weed to alcohol? I'm assuming you didn't do any evaporation? You used the oven method for decarb? That link didn't look like a link on my phone browser so it was hard to find their decard method. How'd you get it ground up fine enough? Did you oven dry and break it up in stages as you went through decarb? What alcohol did you use, actual 95% Everclear? I've never tried this before.

allow me throw my unsolicited 2 cents in...

that article is a good starting point, but its incomplete in its science, and offers imo poor advice in a few places

for anyone making tincture i would consider the first step deciding its end use
    do you want a sublingual, something to mix into drinks, something used for cooking, other?

this will point towards what type of carrier you want it in, and then what flavors you want in it, and what potency and effects you are looking for

all that will dictate how you decarb, what the extraction process will be, and how you process after extraction

the math for potency is easy
    input thc (mg) / end product (g) = mg thc per g product
    you can take into account extraction efficiency and losses due to processing, but its all basic math and just based of simple assumptions

evap of everclear is easy and perfectly safe if you arent an idiot, their lawyers made that advice not the chemist, but again it depends on desired final product

decarb on cookie sheet at 240 for 20-40min for desired effects, longer = more sleepy

ime grinding is worse than just breaking up loosely by hand, substantially more chlorophyll is extracted when ground, this will depend on starting material, but i do not advise grinding for tinctures if flavor is at all important and you arent doing a winterization or other post processing cleanup

everclear works great, ive used vodka and gin which both worked but less efficient and take longer so taste is far stronger

good luck, science is fun

im about out of gummies and have friends asking if more available so need to do another run soon
    taste of RSO was quite strong last time due to processing method, debating how i want to go about it this time
    may do bubble hash to glycerin tincture, may do everclear quick flower wash to evap and glycerin tincture, may do dry ice hash, may do winterization cleanup post processing, idk... need to think about it some more

picked up a 2nd small tent and new bling led , gonna try to get a veg/flower cycle system going, clones rooting now, once happy will flip big girl to flower and off we go

i love gardening

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Thanks for the additions 40.

I decarbed in my oven on a rimmed baking pan @ 210 for 1 hr covered in Al foil, ground to medium find using food processor, used a cheaper version of Everclear but 190 proof for my solvent and it sat in my freezer for 18 days getting shaken every couple of days and I let it come to room temps 2xs during the steeping process. I started with approx 4 oz of smaller flower and some leaf probably 90/10.

Biggest issue was extracting all the liquid from the solid material, I probably lost 3-5 oz of liquid and I am working on a spinner type extractor for next time. Sort of a spin cycle powered by an 18 V drill. Yield was such that it will be several months until I need to make another batch.

Next experiment is making chocolate drops from Cana-butter and Cacao powder.

Next question, what do you do with the leftover solids? How potent are they? Cue the opening scene of Cheech and Chong's Next Movie.

@bunion, if you need a crash test dummy for product testing I will be out there next month

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

I will have all sorts of things to try out on you. By then maybe some choco-drops

Tried calling you last Tuesday thinking you may be around but alas you were not.

@Riser, no idea about the leftover solids. I am still sitting on a fair amount of #2 flower so I tossed the remainder. It was probably pretty flammable.