Page 123 of 372 FirstFirst ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 9282
    Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post

I can also tell you haven't read Lucas yet, so you don't really even know what you're aiming for. Also, there's a right way to measure runoff in soil/soiless mediums. Lucas explains that too.

Here's Lucas' famous thread in something like the original form, including some sad little respondents with their HPD in full flight:

http://www.cannabis-world.org/vanill.../892/ask-lucas
    For the record you told me to read Lucas..

Googled it and found this http://lucasformula.com/ (very basic, super easy to understand page) Also found a pile of pretty useless threads discussing it.

Thank you for linking me to that 38 page mega thread. I'm about a third of the way through it. It's great, every seven or eight pages I actually find something relevant to Lucas in soil!

Try fkn trimming it...

I'd hate to try to capitalize that...even assuming I could unload 8 tons of ganj as soon as it dried...
    Need a bunch of these!

http://twistertrimmer.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_o View Post
    For the record you told me to read Lucas..

Googled it and found this http://lucasformula.com/ (very basic, super easy to understand page) Also found a pile of pretty useless threads discussing it.

Thank you for linking me to that 38 page mega thread. I'm about a third of the way through it. It's great, every seven or eight pages I actually find something relevant to Lucas in soil!

I'd start by just reading the posts by Lucas. But that's just me...

I don't think there's much Lucas in the last few pages. Mostly it's a bunch of sad little attention-seekers trying to justify needing 22 bottles of elite AN snake oils to grow a fucking weed in their closets.

I take it you haven't got to the spreadsheet yet? What have you been pouring through your flowerpots?
    Last edited by highangle; 12-02-2015 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gcooker View Post
    Need a bunch of these!

http://twistertrimmer.com/

Belt-driven off a 160-horse Lycoming? Pussies.

Real trimmers have timing gears and NOS bottles.

"I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Is that just regular drywall in there?

I take it you haven't got to the spreadsheet yet? What have you been pouring through your flowerpots?
    With the attitude again..

Yes but its moot.

I bought the GH stuff to make the low light light version 0-5-10, used that as the flush and have just began using it every three waterings.

I was skeptical about running these nutes through unbalanced soil. Seemed counter intuitive, I'd have assumed RO Waterworld be the answer.

Tested your suggested flush on one and the same course but with RO on another. Flowers on the Lucas flush plant responded really nicely. Fattened up almost overnight and fat crystals have appeared everywhere (almost).

Thanks

With the attitude again..
    Yeah. I got a personality disorder. It's called: Smartass But Can Back It Up Syndrome.

Yes but its moot.

I bought the GH stuff to make the low light light version 0-5-10, used that as the flush and have just began using it every three waterings.

I was skeptical about running these nutes through unbalanced soil. Seemed counter intuitive, I'd have assumed RO Waterworld be the answer.

Tested your suggested flush on one and the same course but with RO on another. Flowers on the Lucas flush plant responded really nicely. Fattened up almost overnight and fat crystals have appeared everywhere (almost).

Thanks

De nada. Glad I could help. Get a bigger light next time...

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Is that just regular drywall in there?
    Back wall and wall on the right are plaster. The left wall with all the shit on it, is painted plywood.

Ill probably cover everything with Orca film when done.
    Last edited by Beer Drinker; 12-03-2015 at 04:47 AM.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    I'm going to smoke some real nice OGkush, haven't combusted in weeks, seems like a good day for fresh tokes.
    aloha sandbar
    Enjoy! Taken a break from the plant? That kush will treat you just right. I've been taking a break from the extracts. As nice as they are, I like the old school ways of some glass and paper! My connects have been coming from the southern part of your state. I can say I've been quite pleased with both the indoor and outdoor.

I can see things have come a long way since my venture with indoor! You guys are all mad scientists! It's fucking awesome.

I'm off the extracts and edibles too. Need to get the tolerance back down to fiscally responsible levels.

Since we're on that topic, is there a better vape tool for flower out there than Pax? Pax is aight but it seems like there must be something portable that's better. Trying to cut my combustion down and oils and whatnot are very hard to come by in this hood.

My tolerance is as low as it's been in a long long time. Since the baby I have not been smoking nearly as much-- like 1/3 even a1/4 what I was prior.

@ice I'm also curious about these. The micro g pen seems to get good reviews here for concentrate but I'm unsure about the flower attachment

Since we're on that topic, is there a better vape tool for flower out there than Pax? Pax is aight but it seems like there must be something portable that's better. Trying to cut my combustion down and oils and whatnot are very hard to come by in this hood.
    just adding i love my pax 2...dont know how you can get better or more portable....super simple...

WEED, The Official Thread

Try the Crafty or the Mighty. http://www.storz-bickel.com/shop_us/...app-vaporizer/

You will be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Try the Crafty or the Mighty.
    the mighty is rated by some a little better than the PAX2, but not nearly as portable from what i could tell. Cant go wrong with either of these above suggestions. im biased cause i dumped my coin on the PAX2. 10 year warranty aint bad thats for sure...especially with a battery in there.

De nada. Glad I could help. Get a bigger light next time...

Personal back ground. Have grown outdoors for years, with good results. Am on grow number two indoors. I was influenced by a couple people on youtube that had a pretty slack attitude about things, the common philosophy being 'It's just a weed, it will basically grow by itself". While my end result is very potent once cured (yeilds aren't great mind you) I keep having issues with burned leaves, which brought me here..

Made my way through that thread, thanks again for sharing.

My thought process is now more focused and analytical.

I've done a bit of an audit on my environment and am slowly going to make some changes.

Yes my lighting is low. The space I have is small and enclosed. I'm a craft diy type but venting this area is just not possible. I will likely have to find a small ac but that isn't in the cards atm. This is why I use T5HO and CFLs. (stop snickering, they don't get as hot and are easy to swap colours). In the next day or so I'm going to get another large CFL which will bring me over 400 watts per sq ft. (I can hear the laughter from here lol).

Will also increase the circulation with in the area, not sure how much effect this will have though.

Thanks again for the patience.

Personal back ground. Have grown outdoors for years, with good results. Am on grow number two indoors. I was influenced by a couple people on youtube that had a pretty slack attitude about things, the common philosophy being 'It's just a weed, it will basically grow by itself". While my end result is very potent once cured (yeilds aren't great mind you) I keep having issues with burned leaves, which brought me here..

Made my way through that thread, thanks again for sharing.

My thought process is now more focused and analytical.

I've done a bit of an audit on my environment and am slowly going to make some changes.

Yes my lighting is low. The space I have is small and enclosed. I'm a craft diy type but venting this area is just not possible. I will likely have to find a small ac but that isn't in the cards atm. This is why I use T5HO and CFLs. (stop snickering, they don't get as hot and are easy to swap colours). In the next day or so I'm going to get another large CFL which will bring me over 400 watts per sq ft. (I can hear the laughter from here lol).

Will also increase the circulation with in the area, not sure how much effect this will have though.

Thanks again for the patience.

You seem like a darn decent human being. It makes it even more rewarding to share with someone who appreciates it.
    Hopefully, your new-found understanding and empiric approach will pay lots more benefits in your gardening, and other pursuits as well.

Watts/sqft isn't a complete metric. The relative efficiency of your light source plays a large part. Look at 35w HID headlamps compared to 55w incandescent or halogen headlights, for example. As it stands right now, LED and HID are the most efficient lights at converting electricity to photons. You might want to consider LED or HID in deference to florescent to maximize your efforts. 400w/sqft of flo is going to make a lot of heat - more than 50w/sqft of HPS. Something to consider.

You may also want to look into CO2 enhancement as long as your situation mandates a sealed room. Not only will it increase your yield when used properly, but it can shorten flowering by a few days and increase your plants' tolerance to environmental stresses, like high temps. You may live in Leadville or some other high altitude though, in which case you'll also have to bump up root oxygen availability as well, so hydro or multifeed with 7-800 ppm CO2 may be your best options for growing burly buds indoors.

Up to a point, increased air circulation will help to get the moisture out of the leaves and into vapor where your dehumidifier (A/C) can convert it back to pure water. Too much, and you risk windburn though. There is a sweet spot, see: "Vapor Pressure Differential" or "Vapor Pressure Delta" for more info.

And no snickering here on this end. My first light was a kw, but I had the room and figured I'd rather go big and compensate for the learning curve with as much green as possible. I couldn't bear the thought of losing a plant if I only had one or two. Your situation may be completely different.

Suerte, and hit us up for more if you need it!

I had a pax. I lost it on medusa at six flags a few years back. It was a love hate relationship. You have to keep it very clean. Like every 2 uses clean it, and keep the mouth piece oiled. The only other thing I've used is the g pen with the dry attachment. It wasn't bad just a small chamber.

Yeah I mean it works fine, you just have to clean it a lot and be finicky about how you pack it and whatnot. Have an MFLB too and prefer Pax to that.

This thing is awesome, unless you have to have something portable.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Drinker View Post
    This thing is awesome, unless you have to have something portable.

Hey looks like some Canadian content there, is that a V Tower?

Do you typically set it to 250? I generally start around 200, don't often get much higher than 225..

Quote Originally Posted by NmbrdDays View Post
    I had a pax. I lost it on medusa at six flags a few years back. It was a love hate relationship. You have to keep it very clean. Like every 2 uses clean it, and keep the mouth piece oiled. The only other thing I've used is the g pen with the dry attachment. It wasn't bad just a small chamber.
    Pax 2 solved most of these issues. Mouthpiece doest click in like first gen. You typically have to pack it full. There are some brass screen hacks for minimizing flower use. The material kinda needs to touch the sides of the chamber for the heat transfer. Some prefer to pack light and take up volume with a screen bent in half and placed in chamber. Probably give you tastier hits all the way to the end of session. I typically pack full each time (about 1.5grams), and just session it til it's beat. This amounts to about 15-20 hits for me doesn't taste bad at the end, but first few are always tastiest. Half way through a new pack a good stir is a good idea. This is true IMHO with most flower anyway.

As for cleaning, pax 2 i can get about 4 full packs before it needs a clean. Takes about 5 min to clean. It's a small device and flower tends to be sticky so. Not really a big deal at all.

Perfect for ski lifts but only for 1-2 people. Not a big safety meeting session thing for large groups. It's consistently rated at the top of most reviews I've seen and there is never direct contact with the heating "coil" pretty much convection.

Good luck I did a ton of "research" on this before pulling a trigger. I happy. Been about 4 months daily use.