Page 35 of 295 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast
Results 851 to 875 of 7374
  1. #851
    Bobby Stainless Guest
    Blue Sonja 7 days in.


  2. #852
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    boy's club
    Posts
    890
    any ideas for unsticking a stuck stem/ slide?

  3. #853
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    11,901
    Guys, wife picked up a few nice baby plants this weekend. I want to get her a grow light system, as she has just always grown her plants outside. Any suggestions for a 3-6 plant setup at $500 or less. Is an LED system better for at home use if we are growing in dirt? http://www.dormgrow.com/ledvshid Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

  4. #854
    Bobby Stainless Guest
    I would check Craigslist if you are in a med/legal state.

    One or two 400w hps lights will work for 3-6 plants. You could probably scoop a couple of them for 300 bucks or so. I would also consider finding a grow tent as well. Light proofing a room or closet can be a pain.

    I am not really sold on LEDs personally. Too expensive.

  5. #855
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    11,901
    Bobby, I am a total jong on this stuff, but did a few hours research this morning, watched some videos, etc and I kind of like the LED set ups, as they use half the power/electric bill, run cooler and seem to last longer than the hps lights. So the extra upfront cost is offset by lower operating costs down the road???? Didn't really see much on Craigslist for San Diego. Thanks for your suggestions.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

  6. #856
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    9,400
    wow, LEDs looks amazing. In warm climates they virtually cut out AC costs? That looks huge.
    Terje was right.

    "We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

  7. #857
    doughboyshredder Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DasBlunt View Post
    wow, LEDs looks amazing. In warm climates they virtually cut out AC costs? That looks huge.
    LED is the way of the future.

    LED "grow" lights, however are kind of a joke.
    Initial cost is extremely high for quality lights and offsets any savings except for in the VERY long term.

    They still produce heat, just not as much as traditional bulbs.

    A lot of rebates right now. If I was growing I would be using LED for clones and maybe even for veg.
    Main problem is the spectrum of light produced. They are now producing bulbs with a "daylight" spectrum. I have my houseplants under them and it's working great. 13w bulbs putting out as much light as 60w incandescents. 18w bulbs put out as much as 90 watt halogen.

    In ten years nobody will use any lights other than LED for anything.

  8. #858
    Bobby Stainless Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Bobby, I am a total jong on this stuff, but did a few hours research this morning, watched some videos, etc and I kind of like the LED set ups, as they use half the power/electric bill, run cooler and seem to last longer than the hps lights. So the extra upfront cost is offset by lower operating costs down the road???? Didn't really see much on Craigslist for San Diego. Thanks for your suggestions.
    You won't get any weight with the LEDs.

    As DBS said, they are the way of the future, but the horticultural application is not there yet.

    I would do a 400 per 2-3 plants. 6 plants done right, can produce a good amount of smoke.

    They are all female, correct?

  9. #859
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    608
    Quote Originally Posted by nateski View Post
    any ideas for unsticking a stuck stem/ slide?
    turn your bong upside-down, get a wooden spoon and start hitting it out. also, tapping around it causing vibrations can sometimes shake it a little use. Turning it upside down helps because of gravity.

    If that doesn't work you can try freezing the bong. Since the downstem is made of less glass it should freeze quicker thus making it shrink faster than the bong around it. Just be careful not to let the bong warm up too fast cause it can shatter. No hot water if it's frozen solid.

    sometimes it just takes time. my buddy's downstem was stuck for over a year, we tried EVERYTHING. then one day, I just pulled it right out with no fuss. It was weird, just didn't want to come out for a loooong time.

  10. #860
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    E >>> W
    Posts
    3,729
    ^^^^nice patience and dedication


    it would last an hour with me before I broke it
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

    "How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

    “This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

  11. #861
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    11,901
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Stainless View Post
    You won't get any weight with the LEDs.

    As DBS said, they are the way of the future, but the horticultural application is not there yet.

    I would do a 400 per 2-3 plants. 6 plants done right, can produce a good amount of smoke.

    They are all female, correct?
    Bobby, I watched about 4 videos on guys grows under LEDs and the results impressed me. Solid buds for sure. I watched 1 video on a guys first grow under these: http://www.357magled.com and it was a solid effort. Fucking lights are pricey though and I just dropped a grand today on the fucking water heater so now I am a little tight on cash. Guess I just need to suck it up and go all in for her Christmas present.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

  12. #862
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    608
    Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    ...or just bought a new one
    it was a nice piece of glass, he didn't want to ruin it. The bong was a illadelph that they don't make the model of anymore, and he payed something like 30 bucks for the diffuser. he'd owned it for quite a few years, too

  13. #863
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    412
    So I got my MFLB in the mail on Monday and is it ever great! I had/have an iolite as well but haven't used it in a long time and went back to the dugout and one hitter for a while because it's so convenient and easy to dose. Once I sort out the battery routine I think I'll be able to adjust to this nicely though and put the combustion away for good.

  14. #864
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    E >>> W
    Posts
    3,729
    ^^^no prob pal - see you in a week
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

    "How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

    “This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

  15. #865
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    E >>> W
    Posts
    3,729
    Quote Originally Posted by sherpahigh View Post
    So I got my MFLB in the mail on Monday and is it ever great! I had/have an iolite as well but haven't used it in a long time and went back to the dugout and one hitter for a while because it's so convenient and easy to dose. Once I sort out the battery routine I think I'll be able to adjust to this nicely though and put the combustion away for good.
    Get some extra batteries like bf said - and I am loving that short whip line.....so stealth it ain't funny
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

    "How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

    “This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

  16. #866
    Bobby Stainless Guest
    Early flower C99 x Deep Chunk, in a RDWC system. After a few modifications, the GH Water Farm is a good system.


  17. #867
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The Cone of Uncertainty
    Posts
    47,022
    Pax is new and seems a lot cooler than MFLB (though twice the cost). I'm getting myself one for Christmas.

  18. #868
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    9,400
    look here Ice before you buy http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/pa...by-ploom.6223/


    . A few hundred posts to skim, but the answers as to how good it is are there. Fuck gizmo, they are getting paid FYI.
    Terje was right.

    "We're all kooks to somebody else." -Shelby Menzel

  19. #869
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The Cone of Uncertainty
    Posts
    47,022
    Well I'm not gonna read a 228-page thread but on the last page people were showing it love, including a guy who sent his in for warranty work and got a new one back in 9 days. I'm sure it's not perfect but neither is the MFLB (I have one) so I still think I'm gonna get one. I'll poke around in that thread some more first though, thanks for the link.

  20. #870
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CO FR
    Posts
    907
    Just threw a few clones under some veg lights. Master Kush, Blueberry, Flo, and Purple Sage. Let's see how they turn out.
    The best things in life aren't things.

  21. #871
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    E >>> W
    Posts
    3,729
    picked up some CD and OGK from state next door
    MMJ states are awesome....
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

    "How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

    “This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man

  22. #872
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    466
    Quote Originally Posted by sherpahigh View Post
    So I got my MFLB in the mail on Monday and is it ever great! I had/have an iolite as well but haven't used it in a long time and went back to the dugout and one hitter for a while because it's so convenient and easy to dose. Once I sort out the battery routine I think I'll be able to adjust to this nicely though and put the combustion away for good.
    I'd love to hear more about your thoughts on the MFLB vs the iolite. I have an iolite and it is okay, but not great by any means. Hate that it uses butane, and you can go through quite a bit fast if used a lot. Think the MFLB may be better for traveling. I know there is a ton of info on this thread about the MFLB, but I don't have the time to go through it all right now.

  23. #873
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Missoula
    Posts
    617
    Quote Originally Posted by DeutschBag View Post
    I'd love to hear more about your thoughts on the MFLB vs the iolite. I have an iolite and it is okay, but not great by any means. Hate that it uses butane, and you can go through quite a bit fast if used a lot. Think the MFLB may be better for traveling. I know there is a ton of info on this thread about the MFLB, but I don't have the time to go through it all right now.
    I've had a MFLB for about a year now. Very fine vaporizer for one person or two person.

    Pros:
    Small and portable
    Surprisingly durable
    Easy to control and not burn your green
    Vapor > Smoke

    Cons:
    Its a slow process. If your a heavy smoker you may find that it takes quite a while to get the desired amount vaporized. I like to think of it more as a 1 person device, or 1 bowl and 1 battery for a single person if you use a lot.
    Batteries can be so so in cold weather (aka while skiing)

    Tips:
    Grind up your green!
    Getting 4 batteries and a bigger charger is best if your using a lot. I ordered extra batteries from MFLB and bought an energizer 4 battery charger from a local store. You can sometimes find chargers that work 12 v and 120 v which is nice for travel.
    If your using at home a lot consider buying the power adapter, its quite a bit better than the batteries and will work car/home.

    Ultimately I had to ditch one of mine due to law enforcement and I ended up buying another one. All they got was the stem and one of the cops said I was smoking crack with it!





    Iceman - Let us know how the Pax is, looks pretty sweet

  24. #874
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    466
    Thanks btb! Good info to have. It looks like it is easier to use, clean, and more portable than the iolite. I did read through a few pages on this thread, and it does sound like the MFLB produces a better vape. I've been unimpressed with the iolite in that respect. It's decent, but leaves you wanting more every time. I just don't want to invest a lot right now as I may have an overseas move coming up soon. I'd love to get a big boy desktop vaporizer, but they be spendy and I don't want to have to ditch it...... Thanks again for the info! May place an order this weekend...

  25. #875
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    out there on the neon avenue
    Posts
    4,035
    Quote Originally Posted by DeutschBag View Post
    Thanks btb! Good info to have. It looks like it is easier to use, clean, and more portable than the iolite. I did read through a few pages on this thread, and it does sound like the MFLB produces a better vape. I've been unimpressed with the iolite in that respect. It's decent, but leaves you wanting more every time. I just don't want to invest a lot right now as I may have an overseas move coming up soon. I'd love to get a big boy desktop vaporizer, but they be spendy and I don't want to have to ditch it...... Thanks again for the info! May place an order this weekend...

    Spend the extra $50 and get a Buddha. The MFLB produces a less than desirable volume of vapor. When you call them, they tell you that you should not exhale anything. I dont get that. The buddha produces clouds of vapor and is tasty on every pull. The MFLB heating element burns the product more than vaporizes it and the taste is nothing like the buddha or other good desktop whips. I dont want to have to watch an instructional video to learn how to "use" it properly. I have had it for over a year and made the mistake of buying the home attachment in search of making it better. It wasn't and I should have just bought the buddha.

    Anyone want to buy an MFLB with home attachment?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •