Page 343 of 344 FirstFirst ... 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 LastLast
Results 8,551 to 8,575 of 8596
  1. #8551
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    50 miles E of Paradise
    Posts
    11,782
    Quote Originally Posted by forty View Post
    tell me more about these scissors...
    ive had 2-3 others mention them to me recently and now im intrigued
    curved tip or straight?
    The B-500 series come with curved or straight tips, with and without a flourine coating to resist resin accumulation. The pictured model is a B-500SR (curved tip, no flourine- I’m enviro and all). I like the curved tip for getting to those pesky water leaves in a tight bud.

    Shouldn’t cost more than $25. Amazon sells them and they are in most cannabis-focused garden stores. They last a long time - Besides the ones pictured I have a pair that were given to me, well-used, like eight years ago by a Scissor Sister - still sharp & tight, and work fine for my needs.

    They are so light and easy to use. My hands tire faster when using spring loaded scissors.

    may try fresh frozen dry ice hash instead of bubble this time around, and looking at playing around with fermentation in a few different ways
    chemistry is fun
    When I first did dry ice hash here, I had a hard time finding dry ice. Only place in town was the welding supply store. Went in toward closing on a Friday, guy loads up my mini cooler.

    Redneck guy at the cash register looks in the cooler, sez in a deep Texas drawl “Oh hell, I’m not gonna charge…well on second thought…are you using this for anything involving ribeye steaks or Dungeness crab?”

    “No sir, nothing like that at all”.
    “OK then no charge. Have a nice weekend.”
    “Thanks. You too!”

    Tell me more about fermentation…
    Check Out Ullr's Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools for iOS and Android
    www.ullrlabs.com

  2. #8552
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Posts
    12,708
    og cheers
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

  3. #8553
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    577
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    The B-500 series come with curved or straight tips, with and without a flourine coating to resist resin accumulation. The pictured model is a B-500SR (curved tip, no flourine- I’m enviro and all). I like the curved tip for getting to those pesky water leaves in a tight bud.

    Shouldn’t cost more than $25. Amazon sells them and they are in most cannabis-focused garden stores. They last a long time - Besides the ones pictured I have a pair that were given to me, well-used, like eight years ago by a Scissor Sister - still sharp & tight, and work fine for my needs.

    They are so light and easy to use. My hands tire faster when using spring loaded scissors.



    When I first did dry ice hash here, I had a hard time finding dry ice. Only place in town was the welding supply store. Went in toward closing on a Friday, guy loads up my mini cooler.

    Redneck guy at the cash register looks in the cooler, sez in a deep Texas drawl “Oh hell, I’m not gonna charge…well on second thought…are you using this for anything involving ribeye steaks or Dungeness crab?”

    “No sir, nothing like that at all”.
    “OK then no charge. Have a nice weekend.”
    “Thanks. You too!”

    Tell me more about fermentation…
    scissors ordered, amazon says will be here tomorrow, which is good because...
    was busy last week helping a buddy paint his house before rain came in over weekend
    went out to check on greenhouse and found some bud rot in outdoor last night, dammit...
    not super substantial but weather has turned and its not gonna get any better so time to chop and make the best of it

    with fermentation im curious to play with malawi cob curing and see what chem is really going on and what the actual results are like, i have my doubts but its got a lot of followers

    then gonna experiment with my brewer friend and let him do his thing, kombucha/cider/beer shit idk what will happen but he has been playing with a bunch of new yeasts he found while developing a cider program and wants to play mad scientist

  4. #8554
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Keep Tacoma Feared
    Posts
    2,663
    Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    The Oregon Liquor and Cannabis Commission said it has solved the mystery of why people were getting high on CBD products supposedly made from hemp. Manufacturer Select, also known as Cura Cannabis, mixed up two lines of products at its Portland manufacturing site.



    https://www.oregonlive.com/business/...-got-high.html
    And here come the lawsuits. Marijuana company Curaleaf sued by Idaho man who says he unwittingly took THC-laced CBD drops. He's asking for damages in the amount of 1% of Curaleaf’s net worth. Curaleaf, whose stock trades on a Canadian exchange, has a market value of $8.3 billion.

    https://www.oregonlive.com/business/...cbd-drops.html

  5. #8555
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    15,710
    Quote Originally Posted by altasnob View Post
    And here come the lawsuits. Marijuana company Curaleaf sued by Idaho man who says he unwittingly took THC-laced CBD drops. He's asking for damages in the amount of 1% of Curaleaf’s net worth. Curaleaf, whose stock trades on a Canadian exchange, has a market value of $8.3 billion.

    https://www.oregonlive.com/business/...cbd-drops.html
    If anything, he owes Curaleaf money for getting more than he was paying for.

  6. #8556
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    50 miles E of Paradise
    Posts
    11,782
    Yeah…it will be interesting to learn about how he was damaged.
    Did it make him too happy or mellow?
    Only good reason I can think of is he failed a whiz quiz and lost his job. But is that worth $83 million?

    And if those damages are stated in C$, that’s like $US700 or so.
    Check Out Ullr's Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools for iOS and Android
    www.ullrlabs.com

  7. #8557
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Keep Tacoma Feared
    Posts
    2,663
    I'm sure the Idaho guy will find some quack doctor or psychologist to say he's never been baked and he is a traumatized, anxiety ridden wreck of a human after his first THC high. But at the same time, these companies need to get their quality control straight so I don't mind the lawsuit. At least the jury will be from Portland, and not anti-weed dipshits from Idaho.

  8. #8558
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    50 miles E of Paradise
    Posts
    11,782
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	69DDBC38-B295-4D1F-ACA6-D0A5382C9E36.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	562.6 KB 
ID:	387857
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7550B6D1-90F0-4B17-A8F6-D1027A1636FD.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	719.9 KB 
ID:	387856

    Magic Number Lime Seltzer in a Hydroflask is a wonderful way to Fest. And no sugar or carbs!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	55522AF2-C212-46E9-A77A-03910AD5CCA7.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	494.0 KB 
ID:	387855  
    Check Out Ullr's Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools for iOS and Android
    www.ullrlabs.com

  9. #8559
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    WTB
    Posts
    702
    Coming along nicely

  10. #8560
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Where the sheets have no stains
    Posts
    16,921
    ^^^ Beauty....

    Question for the group, my girls started to flower about 9/3 and while they are doing very nicely but the color isn't there yet. Tricomes are pretty milky white but not seeing a lot of sugar on the buds. They are in a Greenhouse and it is about to get cold here, maybe snow in the valley by Sunday. So????

    Harvest now? Or hope for the best.....
    Last edited by Bunion 2020; 10-06-2021 at 06:35 PM.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

  11. #8561
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    DownEast
    Posts
    1,652
    A bud in the hand is worth two in the bush. If trichomes look milky, I’d harvest before frost.

  12. #8562
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Where the sheets have no stains
    Posts
    16,921
    Bueller?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

  13. #8563
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    between campus and church
    Posts
    7,769
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1633567527.215993.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	331.8 KB 
ID:	388121

    Outdoor

  14. #8564
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    50 miles E of Paradise
    Posts
    11,782
    Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    A bud in the hand is worth two in the bush. If trichomes look milky, I’d harvest before frost.
    I'm this way too.
    Bunion, what strains do you have? What is the bloom cycle supposed to be for them?

    FWIW a large-scale commercial grower that I highly respect harvests everything after 8 weeks of flower. But they don't grow long-cycle sativas either. Their strategy is that a week too long or too short won't matter to their customers. They also run a perpetual grow where new babies are ready every eight weeks too. Three weeks in veg, flip to flower for eight, clean up and reset. Four plus crops a year.
    Check Out Ullr's Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools for iOS and Android
    www.ullrlabs.com

  15. #8565
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    50 miles E of Paradise
    Posts
    11,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1633567527.215993.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	331.8 KB 
ID:	388121

    Outdoor
    Damn, those are some long trichomes
    Strain?
    Check Out Ullr's Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools for iOS and Android
    www.ullrlabs.com

  16. #8566
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    50 miles E of Paradise
    Posts
    11,782
    Quote Originally Posted by vt_ski View Post
    Coming along nicely
    Yes, yes it is. Frosty little bitch
    What strain? Is it purple by nature or did it get cold?
    Check Out Ullr's Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools for iOS and Android
    www.ullrlabs.com

  17. #8567
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Where the sheets have no stains
    Posts
    16,921
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    I'm this way too.
    Bunion, what strains do you have? What is the bloom cycle supposed to be for them?
    Its a Heinz 57, Lemon Amnesia, LSD, Cheese, clones from an indoor op that I nurtured outside although mostly in a small greenhouse. Started late May, no idea on the bloom cycle.

    I fed them today so I will let them take that in over the next 48+ hrs and harvest before it gets cold Saturday.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

  18. #8568
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    421
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    They are in a Greenhouse and it is about to get cold here

    Harvest now? Or hope for the best.....
    .

    Inside a greenhouse should protect them from a frost. No ?
    Can you run an extension cord and a small space heater until
    the buds get sugary ?

    It would be a bummer to have spent all year nurturing them
    and then having to yank prematurely.

  19. #8569
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    between campus and church
    Posts
    7,769
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Damn, those are some long trichomes
    Strain?
    Hazmat

  20. #8570
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    50 miles E of Paradise
    Posts
    11,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    Its a Heinz 57, Lemon Amnesia, LSD, Cheese, clones from an indoor op that I nurtured outside although mostly in a small greenhouse. Started late May, no idea on the bloom cycle.

    I fed them today so I will let them take that in over the next 48+ hrs and harvest before it gets cold Saturday.
    Looks like all your strains are 8 week flower except the cheese is 10-12. So the more I think about it you may be a little early at 5 weeks.

    Are trichomes clear or milky right now?

    Do I recall correctly that you plan to turn this crop into cannabutter?


    Quote Originally Posted by Ski220 View Post
    .

    Inside a greenhouse should protect them from a frost. No ?
    Can you run an extension cord and a small space heater until
    the buds get sugary ?

    It would be a bummer to have spent all year nurturing them
    and then having to yank prematurely.
    This too - overnight low temps of 40F won’t kill them, just turn leaves purple
    How warm can you keep your greenhouse?
    Is this weekend cold just a brief snap and then it warms up some?

    So many questions
    Check Out Ullr's Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools for iOS and Android
    www.ullrlabs.com

  21. #8571
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    be here now
    Posts
    5,142

    WEED, The Official Thread

    A friend’s Grandpa Larry
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1633577767.189223.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	388133
    Last edited by Tap; 10-06-2021 at 10:21 PM.
    Let me lock in the system at Warp 2
    Push it on into systematic overdrive
    You know what to do

  22. #8572
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    50 miles E of Paradise
    Posts
    11,782
    ^^^Think he’d want to trade a little of that for some Dog Patch (Tokyo genetics)? I had an excellent yield
    Check Out Ullr's Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools for iOS and Android
    www.ullrlabs.com

  23. #8573
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    15,710
    Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    A friend’s Grandpa Larry
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1633577767.189223.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	388133
    I got high just looking at that.

  24. #8574
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Where the sheets have no stains
    Posts
    16,921
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Looks like all your strains are 8 week flower except the cheese is 10-12. So the more I think about it you may be a little early at 5 weeks.

    Are trichomes clear or milky right now?

    Do I recall correctly that you plan to turn this crop into cannabutter?




    This too - overnight low temps of 40F won’t kill them, just turn leaves purple
    How warm can you keep your greenhouse?
    Is this weekend cold just a brief snap and then it warms up some?

    So many questions
    Also have a Glookies and a Kush of some type.

    I ran power to GH when I built it, I am thinking I will grab a Milkhouse heater today at the Home & Ranch store.

    OTOH next weeks forecast is for heavy snow.

    OTOOH it was suppose to be raining here today and it is clear and mild so may go for a bike ride.

    Will post some photos when it gets light and nice enough to wander outside.

    Yeah, Cana-butter. So many distractions....
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

  25. #8575
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    WTB
    Posts
    702
    Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    Yes, yes it is. Frosty little bitch
    What strain? Is it purple by nature or did it get cold?
    Durban Poison, all natural (hasn't been cold enough here yet)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •