Page 335 of 371 FirstFirst ... 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 ... LastLast
Results 8,351 to 8,375 of 9267
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    X
    What happened around 2013?

Legalization in CA? Bud shortages?

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    What happened around 2013?
    I and many others bought recreational weed legally for the first time in the USA on Jan 2, 2014 in Denver.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tap View Post
    Live Resin Seltzer
    Attachment 370277
    Curious how much those go for and what is 25mg THC equal to. I get a nice buzz on a hit or 2 of weed nowadays. Also, are those available anywhere in VT or MA?
    Edit-I see they are in Oregon.

25mg would wreck the fuck out of you for 12-18 hours.

I don't really understand 50mg of thc in a 12oz drink. Who is the market for that? Are people splitting it 5 ways, or are there a lot of people out there with just insane tolerances who want to get extremely high for a really long time?

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post

I don't really understand 50mg of thc in a 12oz drink. Who is the market for that? Are people splitting it 5 ways, or are there a lot of people out there with just insane tolerances who want to get extremely high for a really long time?
    Yeah, something seems off here. It may not hit as hard in this liquid form?

I've taken 10mg and not felt a thing and 10mg of another edible and was pretty high for a long time. So the next time I took 20mg. I don't see myself needing more than 25-30 ever.

Wow, crazy. I thought one of the big problems when they legalized weed in some places was that the amount in edibles was all over the place and people would eat some and not feel anything right away and then take more and when it hits they would be off the charts f'd up. I remember seeing that they were making uniform "servings" of candy bars, etc. I'd bet a lot of people drink that without knowing and then wham. Like maybe I'll drink one of these before my next zoom meeting

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    Wow, crazy. I thought one of the big problems when they legalized weed in some places was that the amount in edibles was all over the place and people would eat some and not feel anything right away and then take more and when it hits they would be off the charts f'd up.
    I don't think it was that the amount was all over the place, it was just that people had no idea. So someone might get a package of 10, 10mg edibles, eat one, find it delicious, decide they weren't that high an hour later just as it was kicking in, and then eat another and blammo, enter the "mommy!" zone.

There's more to this I think? The mg solid vs liquid maybe? We need the resident biologist to chime in on how the body absorbs it in various forms.

I don't think it was that the amount was all over the place, it was just that people had no idea. So someone might get a package of 10, 10mg edibles, eat one, find it delicious, decide they weren't that high an hour later just as it was kicking in, and then eat another and blammo, enter the "mommy!" zone.
    Got a 50mg cookie the other day. I broke off a piece that I thought was a little big but still close to my regular 5mg dose. I was incorrect and packed water for my two hour stroll around the neighborhood. Good thing I had already picked up my take out dinner or I would have just walked there or driven 5 mph.

Ya, that's for normal people. My buddy will eat 60-70 mgs before we go on a mountain bike ride. There are people out there that a 50mg drink would be no problem. I've done 50. I was very, very high.

Tolerance is a crazy thing. 5mg of an edible (usually half of a 10mg) used to wreck me, now 10mg gets me good. My GF, who has smoked her whole life, dabs a ton and 50mg of edibles is her "normal" dose. I took one big hit of her pen once and I think my soul left my body for half an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    Ya, that's for normal people. My buddy will eat 60-70 mgs before we go on a mountain bike ride. There are people out there that a 50mg drink would be no problem. I've done 50. I was very, very high.
    Maybe he should switch it up to mushrooms! 60-70mgs is not cheap!

I guess it's nice to have a lower tolerance, beyond the obvious, but also for financial reasons.

Best way to sum it up - simply, edibles affect everyone different.

My example, I smoke daily and a legit 10mg dose hits me pretty good. Have a friend who has zero tolerance (literally hasn't smoked anything in over a decade due to health concerns) and the can easily handle double that.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    60-70mgs is not cheap!
    It is if you can 1000mg distillate tankers for $30.

I was buying 100 mg cheeba chews in Colorado that were the size of small tootsie rolls. They came from the medical side, but spilled over into rec for a year or so before the horror stories rolled in. I had a day at Beaver Creek that was almost a horror story, but, turned out pretty cool, so, I can relate.

Massachusetts has a max on edible pieces of 5mg. Same for Maryland.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I was buying 100 mg cheeba chews in Colorado that were the size of small tootsie rolls. They came from the medical side, but spilled over into rec for a year or so before the horror stories rolled in. I had a day at Beaver Creek that was almost a horror story, but, turned out pretty cool, so, I can relate.

Massachusetts has a max on edible pieces of 5mg. Same for Maryland.
    I would eat 2 of these and smoke a big bowl. Then go about my normal day. I believe I am one of the unlucky few who needs very high doses of edibles.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Yes, you do.

Quote Originally Posted by concretejungle View Post
    Got a 50mg cookie the other day. I broke off a piece that I thought was a little big but still close to my regular 5mg dose. I was incorrect and packed water for my two hour stroll around the neighborhood. Good thing I had already picked up my take out dinner or I would have just walked there or driven 5 mph.

"In a hole" is precisely the way to describe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Awesome.

IncrEdibles make good product.
    1000 mg chocolate mint bar for the win.
    10 pieces, 100 mg each.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Best way to sum it up - simply, edibles affect everyone different.

My example, I smoke daily and a legit 10mg dose hits me pretty good. Have a friend who has zero tolerance (literally hasn't smoked anything in over a decade due to health concerns) and the can easily handle double that.
    This. It's also based on body mass & metabolism. It can affect people differently day-day as well.

I consumed a 25mg Magic Hat Lime Spritzer at noon with my lunch. Will post shameless product review for Tap in a bit.

Anyway, after lunch I carved up a large cooked animal with a sharp knife, and handled/moved boiling oil - both without the need for medical attention. My rest pulse is currently 62 and my breathing is normal. I don't feel massively fucked up like RootSkier predicts for the amount I ingested.

Now, I'm 6' and 220. I eat half of a homemade ~60mg brownie an hour before lifts spin and the other half two hours later. After several vape hits on the way up...

I'm what you call a high-functioning stoner

A guy I used to work with ate three of my 60mg brownies and was not affected at all. He's like 6'5" and 180lbs with the metabolism of a hummingbird.

Point being - not everyone gets massively fucked up for half a day like RootSkier on 25mg

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    This. It's also based on body mass & metabolism. It can affect people differently day-day as well.

I consumed a 25mg Magic Hat Lime Spritzer at noon with my lunch. Will post shameless product review for Tap in a bit.

Anyway, after lunch I carved up a large cooked animal with a sharp knife, and handled/moved boiling oil - both without the need for medical attention. My rest pulse is currently 62 and my breathing is normal. I don't feel massively fucked up like RootSkier predicts for the amount I ingested.

Now, I'm 6' and 220. I eat half of a homemade ~60mg brownie an hour before lifts spin and the other half two hours later. After several vape hits on the way up...

I'm what you call a high-functioning stoner

A guy I used to work with ate three of my 60mg brownies and was not affected at all. He's like 6'5" and 180lbs with the metabolism of a hummingbird.

Point being - not everyone gets massively fucked up for half a day like RootSkier on 25mg
    We’re in the same boat...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Product Review

Bend's own Magic Number is Oregon’s premier craft brewer of cannabis beverages. Using all-natural ingredients and only the finest full spectrum cannabis extract, they deliver innovative, delicious, effective and value-conscious liquid edibles to discerning consumers in Oregon

Today I drank one of their newest offerings - a 25MG Live Resin Lime Spritzer - with my lunch of hummus, taboulleh, grape leaves and tzatzliki, followed by the last of our Girl Scout Samoa cookies.

This spritzer uses Alpine Glow, a sativa forward hybrid strain. Their Berry flavor uses an indica strain. I felt quite alert after consuming, and was able to complete high risk tasks such as transporting boiling canna oil and breaking down a smoked turkey without fear of medical mishap.

The lime spritzer is light and bubbly, without sweetness and just a hint of citrus. The garlic, lemon, mint and vegetables in the mezza were enhanced by the light flavors of this delightful beverage.

Sadly, the spritzer didn't pair so well with the heavy chocolate, caramel and coconut flavors of the Samoas. Worse yet, Ms TBS was not pleased that I ate the last of the cookies and now the sale if over.

Anyway, I recommend Magic Number Live Resin Spritzers to pair with light and delicate foods, and to enjoy while spending a hot afternoon in the shade reading or examining all of the leaves on your outdoor plant for pests.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0452.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	375.4 KB 
ID:	370554
    (Sorry, wrong time for good lighting and had a hell of a time trying to keep the can from blowing away)

Note - I bought my own product and did my own stunts
    Last edited by TBS; 04-05-2021 at 06:55 PM.