Page 337 of 371 FirstFirst ... 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,425 of 9255
    Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    So I've been giving edibles a try recently, and thus far I've been disappointed.

Consuming more than 20mg at a time doesn't make sense economically, but a 20mg dose doesn't seem to generate a buzz, either. FWIW, I smoke most days, usually 1-2 bowls per day in the evening (about 0.5-0.75g of flower), don't consume any concentrates and weigh around 155 pounds.

It would be nice to find a viable alternative to smoking. Maybe I need to go back to making my own edibles with homemade butter.
    Why have you become such a sally?
    50mg is $5. That’s a beer. It’s not much $.
    There’s a ton of product out there if you don’t want to smoke.
    But it’s stink too. Sounds like you should just take a break and see if this is for you. Never heard such a whiney stoner in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    That sounds good but I like to add sunflower lecithin and use coconut oil.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I only use coconut oil. No reason you couldn’t add whatever you want post infusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Still needs to be decarbed though..
    I save ABV for my canna oil but you can decarb in the water at 203 deg F.

Any ideas to get a stubborn cartridge to work? Picked up some Colorado goodies on the last fishing trip, bought two one gram cartridges. First one was working fine till halfway through it stopped working, no smoke at all. Have three different batteries and tried them all, no go. Just to make sure I wasn’t a total idiot (cause trust me), I screwed one of the batteries into the second cartridge, it works fine.

I’m usually pretty casual on the weeds, but this half full cartridge that only became mine via a rather long drive has me insistent, this transgression shall not stand! Should I try heating it, lighter, torch? I mean I don’t want to look like some crack addict getting a hit, but here we are.

I’m not a rookie in these type of endeavors, but this is the first time I’ve had a cartridge just say, “yeah, fuck that, I’m done,”

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Any ideas to get a stubborn cartridge to work?
    I’ve been successful with heat before.
    But I’ve broken more than I’ve fixed.
    What do you have to lose if it’s nonfunctional anyway is how I mentally justified my debatable stoner engineering.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Any ideas to get a stubborn cartridge to work? Picked up some Colorado goodies on the last fishing trip, bought two one gram cartridges. First one was working fine till halfway through it stopped working, no smoke at all. Have three different batteries and tried them all, no go. Just to make sure I wasn’t a total idiot (cause trust me), I screwed one of the batteries into the second cartridge, it works fine.

I’m usually pretty casual on the weeds, but this half full cartridge that only became mine via a rather long drive has me insistent, this transgression shall not stand! Should I try heating it, lighter, torch? I mean I don’t want to look like some crack addict getting a hit, but here we are.

I’m not a rookie in these type of endeavors, but this is the first time I’ve had a cartridge just say, “yeah, fuck that, I’m done,”
    i used to just use a lighter and suck in the flame through the air hole in the bottom. got me exceptionally high but went through the bho very quickly.
    swing your fucking sword.

Check the electrical contacts. Sometimes the center contact gets pushed up into the cart and doesn't make a proper connection with the battery. Take a needle or sharp pointed object and carefully pry the contact point back "out" of the cart so it makes positive connection with your battery. Should fix your issue.

If any of you are buying an $800 bong
    You deserve a nut kick

https://www.bloombergquint.com/busin...annabis-weekly
    . . .

Clearing clogged cartridges with a saliva moistened toothpick gives the tongue a nice sensation.

Select carts?

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    Clearing clogged cartridges with a saliva moistened toothpick gives the tongue a nice sensation.

toothpick from the top works... saliva optional.

what happened is some oil got past the heater with out igniting and is now blocking the airflow.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    If any of you are buying an $800 bong
    You deserve a nut kick

https://www.bloombergquint.com/busin...annabis-weekly
    Holy shit - I paid like $20 for something that looked just like the bongs in the photo, except mine is green and bowl is clear.

Me, too. My bong costs $20. Vape/head shops do a 40x markup on glass, if not more. It's the cash cow. I had a glassblower friend that did super intricate bongs he sold for $2k fifteen years ago.

Probably poorly focused pic of some THCA Diamonds from Canada's legal market. Bit under 50 CAD a g. I haven't had any concentrates for a couple months and tried this today. Planned for an afternoon of cold yard work, instead about twenty minutes later I had to go lie down inside with my cat. 10/10 Possible contender to fight random insomnia.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210512_003207.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	858.2 KB 
ID:	374315

Pretty

Fuck. Remember the first time you took too big of a hit on dabs?

nope.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Fuck. Remember the first time you took too big of a hit on dabs?
    I do recall the first time I dabbed. It was super. I have never been able to recreate that day. I was the most fucked up I had even been. Still mostly functional, had to go tricknor treating with neighbors and kids, but I will say it was likely the only time I experienced slight paranoia. I for sure thought they all knew I was high, I'm sure they did. I was with a parole officer family and a cop family so maybe I was on edge a little lol.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

WEED, The Official Thread

I'm about two weeks out from chopping my first grow attempt - autoflower under 260w QBs in soil. All things considered I am definitely proud of the (almost) finished plant.

Any guidance on drying/curing? Planning on finding the coldest darkest place in my house and hang drying until the stems snap cleanly but I'm pretty much lost from that point on.

Name:	IMG_0296.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	207.3 KB 
ID:	375016

Name:	IMG_0324.JPG 
Views:	133 
Size:	210.3 KB 
ID:	375017

Name:	IMG_0332.JPG 
Views:	122 
Size:	218.5 KB 
ID:	375019

Quote Originally Posted by RockChalk View Post
    I'm about two weeks out from chopping my first grow attempt - autoflower under 260w QBs in soil. All things considered I am definitely proud of the (almost) finished plant.

Any guidance on drying/curing? Planning on finding the coldest darkest place in my house and hang drying until the stems snap cleanly but I'm pretty much lost from that point on.

I'll tell you my experience , others may have opinions to add. The snap method works well. Dry or wet trim? If your house is dry you might want to dry trim to slow down drying time, but I've always trimmed wet, no problems. You just don't want it to dry too fast. I use mason jars with those little humidity gauges. Don't overfill the buds need a little air. Burp jars as necessary, initially like a least twice a day for about a week. Keep an eye on the humidity. If its pretty high pull the it out for a little to lose some moisture. Your shooting for about 60% rh in jars, I then do a week of burp and shake once a day assuming humidity is good. Than move on to a couple times a week shake and burp for maybe 2 more weeks, followed by once a week for a few more. Watch the humidity. You don't want things drying to fast. Hands down drying and curing are the trickiest part of the whole process. This has worked for me, but everyone does it different. Depends on the conditions of where you are drying.

Amazing that people are growing stuff like this in their homes nowadays as back in the day this would be in the centerfold for High Times mag and me and the boys would be drooling over it, not that I;m not drooling now.

The bitch-ass MT governor signed the legalization bill (that we had already passed as a citizen initiative, but the GQP legislature couldn't leave well enough alone) so we will officially have legal rec sales starting January 1.

You sure this is your first rodeo/ Solid work, nice little setup you got there. With that kind of production 1 plant works great.

Nice lady.
    What strain? Looks a little like a GSC cousin.

I laid out my trim & cure methods in this thread around end of March.
    Found it - see post 8289
    Caveat - Central OR has a dry climate so my initial dry time may be shorter than on say, the coast.

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    That’s a well-trained lady forty. Can sure see the GSC in her.

My curing tools
    1. Collapsing drying rack https://www.walmart.com/ip/Tomshoo-6...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
    2. Fans - to blow across the drying rack. I use a small one from the grow chamber and a big one from my office.
    3. Mini hygrometers https://www.amazon.com/Veanic-Electr...s%2C223&sr=8-5
    4. Mason jars

I trim wet, segregate into big buds, mids and popcorn, then put the bud on the drying racks with plenty of gentle air blowing over the bud.

When the outsides of the buds are crispy to the touch they are ready to jar. That will be quicker for the small bud, longer for colas.

Toss a hygrometer into bottom of each jar, facing down. Fill with bud to about 2/3 full and seal.

Let sit in cool space out of sunlight for two days - do not open before unless RH > 85%. You are trying to equalize RH in jar. Gently shake and/or lay the jar on its side to allow air betw the individual buds.

If RH>85% pull from jar and place on either a cookie sheet or the drying rack for another 12 hours. Add airflow if really wet. Rejar and wait for at least a day before opening. You’re still in equalization mode.

Once you get RH<80% via the above it’s time to burp a couple of times per day. Longer open times at first finishing with just a quick smell. Let your hygrometers guide you. Don’t forget to gently shake the jars and or lay them on their sides a few times per day for airflow. I shoot for 10-14 days to get RH down to 63%. Don’t try to rush it.

Remember I’m on the dry side of the hill with lower ambient RH. OTOH airflow and low ambient humidity is my only way of getting moisture out of the plant material. YMMV
    Bump for RC. Good advice here. Remember, everyone's drying situation is different so times may need to be tweaked. Monitor closely.