Page 287 of 371 FirstFirst ... 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 ... LastLast
Results 7,151 to 7,175 of 9255
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Does it really need to be recharged after just 1 bowl? The review you (? somebody posted it) seemed to say that. My pax probably lasts like 7 or 8 fills, just 1 would be a pain.
    This is my first time using it but I did follow one reviewers advice and "cleaned" it of any manufacturing oils prior to use by running it through its cycle 4 times (might have been 5 - kinda lost count LOL!) then it did need to be charged but I don't know how much of a charge it had when it got it (t was charged when I opened the package).

So to answer your question: I think you're going to get at least 5 sessions on a charge. It draws very easy and smooth, you hardly know you're getting any "smoke" but you see the result in the cloud. I think you and a friend or two could have a solid session on one charge. Charge up takes 1.5hrs according to the instructions.

I would say the high is the same as combustible smoking without the rough throat or bad taste in your mouth. I really could taste how the herb smelled which was nice. When you use a regular pipe you lose all the flavors.

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Why, when I read that, did I have visions of giant ocean-going oil tankers full of weed oil?
    LOL! Now that's a spill that might be beneficial!
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    Why, when I read that, did I have visions of giant ocean-going oil tankers full of weed oil?
    Im yer Captain!
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Wow. Just hit my dry herb vape and ... wow. So nice. Really get the flavor of the strain (Dutch Hawaiian). Sweet and smooth with no harshness or heat. Very easy draw. There is more of a smell than vaping concentrate but it's still not a burning weed smell.

Here is the prep work:

Attachment 291579

Here is the herb after two hits, just a little brown. No burnt offerings WSE:

Attachment 291580

The vape gets a little warm but not hot. Easy to use, nice features like haptic feedback for when it's ready (40sec warm-up). Shuts off after 4 mins. Has a hefty feel (7oz) and sits comfortably in my hand. It would be heavy to carry in a pocket IMO.

Re: strain. Nice. Uplifting. Might be a tad racy - probably don't want to use this to relax at night.

The Pulsar Flow:

Attachment 291581

Attachment 291582
    That looks interdasting.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    That looks interdasting.
    Ya think?

Ice: Thinking about what you posted about that "one charge" review. Did they say how much they smoked? Was that the video review? My estimate is based on people being light to medium users but I suppose if someone was a total stoner and hit it hard it might need to be charged after "one use" if that use was higher than average.

Seem to me a lot of the dry herb vapes have limited battery life compared to concentrate vapes because they take more power. The Storz & Bickel Crafty, which I would consider comparable in size, has a lot of complaints about battery life though I note the site now says it has 20% more power.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

So I just finished that first bowl. I was diddling around and let it run through its four minute cycle several times, I want to say 4 or 5 times. Indicator light changed to orange which means 60-20% power. So, what? 4/5 sessions uses 40% power?

Here is what is left of the flower. People say you can bake with it:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190818_125846.jpeg 
Views:	47 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	291599
    Last edited by KQ; 08-18-2019 at 08:11 PM.

So I just finished that first bowl. I wad diddling around and let it run through its four minute cycle several times, I want to say 4 or 5 times. Indicator light changed to orange which means 60-20% power. So, what? 4/5 sessions uses 40% power?

Here is what is left of the flower. People say you can bake with it:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190818_125846.jpeg 
Views:	47 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	291599
    You can use the duff for baking
    Make butter. It will be super sleepy in my experience. You need a lot. I was using about 28grams per 4 sticks butter

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Congrats KQ. Looks very similar to the FireFly2.

Like skidog said... save that AVB and make some budder.

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    Congrats KQ. Looks very similar to the FireFly2.

Like skidog said... save that AVB and make some budder.

Yes I would say it is quite similar to the FireFly2 but mine doesn't do extracts.

Do you have that? I see the price is comparable to the Crafty by Storz & Bickel.

Curious - what's the weight on that? And for Ice listening in out there - how is the battery?

WEED, The Official Thread

I do have the FF2. Not the newest version but you can send in the og FF2 and get it updated for a bit of $. I have not used my FF2 since winter. The dynavap took over warm month duties. Much lighter for sure. However...when winter arrives the FF2 will be back as the daily driver. Fuck holding metal and using two hands when it’s freezing cold outdoors.

FF2 weight is 4.9oz according to: https://www.herbonaut.com/firefly-2-review/

Currently traveling and I don’t have the FF2 with me so I can’t verify. A few other mags have them and they might be able to verify.

I do have the FF2. Not the newest version but you can send in the og FF2 and get it updated for a bit of $. I have not used my FF2 since winter. The dynavap took over warm month duties. Much lighter for sure. However...when winter arrives the FF2 will be back as the daily driver. Fuck holding metal and using two hands when it’s freezing cold outdoors.

FF2 weight is 4.9oz according to: https://www.herbonaut.com/firefly-2-review/

Currently traveling and I don’t have the FF2 with me so I can’t verify. A few other mags have them and they might be able to verify.
    So how about the battery life? How much use between charges?

All I know is that the way some of the folks on the TRGs talk, they probably need a freaking car battery just to power a single session. Especially at BBI. #toxicmetallictasteharshesmymellow

Bring a cute date to Alpental, Valentine's 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    I just remember night skiing and seeing the lights and you flicker in stop motion animation.

Ice: Thinking about what you posted about that "one charge" review. Did they say how much they smoked? Was that the video review? My estimate is based on people being light to medium users but I suppose if someone was a total stoner and hit it hard it might need to be charged after "one use" if that use was higher than average.
    I can't find it right now but ut was a couple weeks ago when you brought up this vape for the first time (first time I saw it at least), I thought you posted it. Kind of a weird-looking guy with his hair pulled straight up with a rubber band. He did mention that he's a big stoner but he said he just gets one bowl out of it I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    All I know is that the way some of the folks on the TRGs talk, they probably need a freaking car battery just to power a single session. Especially at BBI. #toxicmetallictasteharshesmymellow
    Space Invaders may give way to scary monsters and superfreaks.
    Move upside and let the man go through...

After a few months of use SWIM can still wholeheartedly recommend the POTV One.

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Space Invaders may give way to scary monsters and superfreaks.
    Whatever happened to Fat Kid from Florida?

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    LOL! Yeah, I'm probably the other end of the spectrum from all the other posters on here. We need a middle of the road consumer to weigh in or just take the average between me and the hard hitters.

Seems to me a perfect option would be for manufacturers to come up with a removable battery and the option to purchase a second so you could just switch out and keep going. Conversely you could maybe not smoke so much. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I can't find it right now but ut was a couple weeks ago when you brought up this vape for the first time (first time I saw it at least), I thought you posted it. Kind of a weird-looking guy with his hair pulled straight up with a rubber band. He did mention that he's a big stoner but he said he just gets one bowl out of it I believe.
    Oh yeah, that guy. I think he also said he had a high tolerance so he smoked a lot. I'm still on my initial charge. Took two more hits off it last night after dinner/before bed. Light was still orange (it has one more color, red I think, before it goes tits up).

I do have to say that Blue Cheese strain is great to sleep on. Very relaxing but not couch lock or prone to make you feel anti-social.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    After a few months of use SWIM can still wholeheartedly recommend the POTV One.
    Okay so I got the "POTV One" but what about "SWIM?" Can't work that one out - can I buy a vowel please?

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    I'm in Training for this.

Working out the new ACL and trying to return to my old smoking self. I am one of these Riser3 refers to but I'll be damned if my tolerance isn't lower since the surgery. Weird that.

Anyhoo' I wanna meet KQ next BBI. Word up Kitty...

So how about the battery life? How much use between charges?
    No complaints about battery life. In the winter when it’s in an outside pocket all day, naturally it kills the battery. Keep the battery close to the body and you can kill a whole bowl and then some no problem.

Seems to me a perfect option would be for manufacturers to come up with a removable battery and the option to purchase a second so you could just switch out and keep going
    FF2 ships with a second removable battery included. I did pick up the quick wall charger to speed up the charge time. I keep a FF2 charger in the car too to make sure I am always safe.

KQ - the Ghost MV1 has a removable battery AND you can buy extra batteries to have on hand. It is an on demand vape which makes it unique also. So...you can take a one draw and it will temp down as opposed to a whole session.
    I had a prototype. Didn’t work all that well. Apparently they fixed all the bugs.
    And yes...Storz and Bickel products have poor battery life but it isn’t that bad. Even before the updates the Crafty and Mighty had a solid 7-8 sessions. Better now.

No complaints about battery life. In the winter when it’s in an outside pocket all day, naturally it kills the battery. Keep the battery close to the body and you can kill a whole bowl and then some no problem.

FF2 ships with a second removable battery included. I did pick up the quick wall charger to speed up the charge time. I keep a FF2 charger in the car too to make sure I am always safe.
    Re: cold and battery life - just like my phone during the winter. I got a nice pair of insulated Carhartt bibs with a breast pocket that keeps my battery for draining when I'm outside working in sub-freezing temps.

Re: removable battery - there you go, my idea wasn't so far fetched. Mine does not have a removable battery which may account for the lower price point. So far the Pulsar Flow that I have is the cheapest of any of the vapes people have posted. Time will tell if there is a reason for that or if it's just a good deal. Not knowing what I was really getting into and unsure if I really wanted to go back to flower I went conservative on my investment.

Re: cold and battery life - just like my phone during the winter. I got a nice pair of insulated Carhartt bibs with a breast pocket that keeps my battery for draining when I'm outside working in sub-freezing temps.

Re: removable battery - there you go, my idea wasn't so far fetched. Mine does not have a removable battery which may account for the lower price point. So far the Pulsar Flow that I have is the cheapest of any of the vapes people have posted. Time will tell if there is a reason for that or if it's just a good deal. Not knowing what I was really getting into and unsure if I really wanted to go back to flower I went conservative on my investment.
    Go dynavap or other mechanical vape for winter. Makes it easy. No batteries to deal with or fry when you tomahawk at alpental chasing Norse.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    I'm in Training for this.

Word up Kitty...
    Meow!

Quote Originally Posted by pyromaniacman129 View Post
    Go dynavap or other mechanical vape for winter. Makes it easy. No batteries to deal with or fry when you tomahawk at alpental chasing Norse.
    LOL!!

Interesting. How long does it say too hot to stash in you pocket or does that box absorb the heat?

Dyna Vape

The main thing to keep in mind with vapes, especially when considering battery life and size of unit, is how the product gets heated. Either the bowl holding it gets heated up, or the air being pulled through it is heated. It takes a larger unit and battery to give you the hot air. Smallest handheld units with longest battery are only heating up a little ceramic oven. After trying out 50+ vapes over the last few years I always circle back to an arizer air/solo/Argo. The product is always completely in a short glass flow path, and it is only super hot air heating it up. Closest you will get to experiencing a volcano like vapor in a handheld unit. Generating vapor by direct oven method might buy you longer battery life, but vapor quality diminishes exponentially.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Natures peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop away from you like the leaves of Autumn. - John Muir

"How long can it last? For fuck sake this isn't heroin -
    suck it up princess" - XXX on getting off mj

“This is infinity here,” he said. “It could be infinity. We don’t really don’t know. But it could be. It has to be something — but it could be infinity, right?” - Trump, on the vastness of space, man