Page 340 of 372 FirstFirst ... 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 ... LastLast
Results 8,476 to 8,500 of 9282
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    And I know details matter, but let's not allow it to detract from his ultimate point that ganja has been really unfairly demonized by... certain political people. For decades. It needs to fucking END.
    I would argue that it's not just semantics and does materially detract from the point he's trying to make. That sentence would be much more powerful if instead he had said:

"50 years ago, President Richard Nixon declared war on drugs. And his administration made sure to include marijuana as a public enemy, even listing it in the “Schedule I” category of drugs alongside heroin, while cocaine, methamphetamine and PCP were placed in the less restrictive Schedule II category."

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I would argue that it's not just semantics and does materially detract from the point he's trying to make. That sentence would be much more powerful if instead he had said:

"50 years ago, President Richard Nixon declared war on drugs. And his administration made sure to include marijuana as a public enemy, even listing it in the “Schedule I” category of drugs alongside heroin, while cocaine, methamphetamine and PCP were placed in the less restrictive Schedule II category."
    Yeah - I agree. Getting the details correct definitely would help.

But ultimately: Fuck the "War on Drugs" - why is it that the U.S. *insists* on entering into wars that they simply CANNOT win?

That question is rhetorical.

But ultimately: Fuck the "War on Drugs" - why is it that the U.S. *insists* on entering into wars that they simply CANNOT win?

That question is rhetorical.
    “The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I’m saying? We knew we couldn’t make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did.”

John Ehrlichman--Former Nixon domestic policy chief
    https://harpers.org/archive/2016/04/legalize-it-all/
    Last edited by Dantheman; 07-01-2021 at 04:32 PM.

“The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I’m saying? We knew we couldn’t make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin. And then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did.”

John Ehrlichman--Former Nixon omestic policy chief
    Oh, I'm well aware of the reality... that's why the question was rhetorical.

My views *did* get me out of jury duty once...

Oh, I'm well aware of the reality... that's why the question was rhetorical.

My views *did* get me out of jury duty once...
    I have a friend that was busted for growing 30 or more years ago. He was actually selected for a jury trial where the crime was growing (and he voted for a guilty verdict).

Quote Originally Posted by crashtestdummy View Post
    I have a friend that was busted for growing 30 or more years ago. He was actually selected for a jury trial where the crime was growing (and he voted for a guilty verdict).
    The case I was up for was a cocaine charge of some sort. The defense dismissed me as soon as I told them I thought *all* drugs should be, at a minimum, decriminalized.

"Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did.”

John Ehrlichman--Former Nixon omestic policy chief
    In the words of the recently departed Donald Rumsfeld, who incidently worked for the Nixon admin, "we didn't lie about weapons of mass destruction we were just wrong." It's like Kelly Anne Conway's "alternative facts."
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Wagon for mobility to keep in full sun around the yard and fencing to keep the curious deer out. We’ll see how this works for an outdoor grow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	56DEE88E-01CC-41F5-B635-7B38BDDD28E7.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	378475  

Have grow op, will travel.

WEED, The Official Thread

Legalization kicked in yesterday in Virginia. Had a quick discussion with the kids. They were nonplussed. It’ll be interesting to see how things change and how they react. Not quite ready to tell them their old man partakes, but that revelation is imminent. The younger one is maybe a little too young. With the older one, I’m more worried about the constant ribbing I’ll get than anything. Her sarcasm knows no bounds.

A more pressing decision: where to setup my grow op?
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

PSA:

Planet of the Vapes is having a 20% off holiday sale. The ONE model is $80, killer deal on a great little vape. The only downside to the ONE is that the battery isn't replaceable, but there's a 2-warranty and POTV's CS is excellent. If the battery fails outside of the warranty, well, there's still not much complain about for $80. The ONE also works great for vaping, um, other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by bagtagley View Post
    Legalization kicked in yesterday in Virginia. Had a quick discussion with the kids. They were nonplussed. It’ll be interesting to see how things change and how they react. Not quite ready to tell them their old man partakes, but that revelation is imminent. The younger one is maybe a little too young. With the older one, I’m more worried about the constant ribbing I’ll get than anything. Her sarcasm knows no bounds.

A more pressing decision: where to setup my grow op?
    Be sure to double check your grow laws with minors in the household. Maine states that “reasonable precaution must be taken to prevent unauthorized access by individuals under the age of 21.” Just a heads up.

My two teens were also unfazed, but amused, by my starting to grow. We already grow our own vegetables in our gardens and my wife is an avid jam-maker and canner. As a family, we discussed it falling into that part of our life. Hoping to model that responsible growth and use of Marijuana differentiates it somewhat from being a manufactured “drug”. I did still emphasize discretion with regard to telling their friends about dad’s new hobby. Good honest conversation to have with teens IMO.

Autos coming along nicelyClick image for larger version. 

Name:	signal-2021-07-09-152742.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	379080

Wow just got a shipment of Georgia Pie diamonds. 2 pulls of my sianara and I'm off my rocker. Probably a bit early in the day for this strain, but it looks so tasty I just had to taste.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210710_160715301.jpeg 
Views:	83 
Size:	111.5 KB 
ID:	379111

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    <snip>
    And a week later that plant has bushed out like [insert misogynist simile of your choice] while the other has grown kinda meh.

Attachment 377337

Should be ready to start bloom cycle in 3 weeks at this rate
    Update - Here we are three weeks later. I shifted to bloom cycle 10 days early due to the heat wave here
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0608.JPG 
Views:	85 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	379236

One on the right has remained kinda spindly - guessing it didn't root well
    The one on the left - where I broke the main stem - is nicely bushed out
    These stretched more than I expected, so won't get nice tight colas. Oh well.
    Should be ready to harvest end of August

X

When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

See? them fucking pubic crabs was right.

PSA

Flying in and out of NYC just got a little less anxiety inducing.

https://www.timesunion.com/state/art...s-16323920.php

Well, yeah, that reminds me of when Colorado legalized, and the TSA at Aspen airport called the local sheriff to come and bust some dude flying out with a few ounces he bought at a dispensary , and the sheriff said, what do want me to do? It's legal here.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I remember blowing hits at a cat in my youth.
    Never occurred to me to get a lobster high.
    She musta been high af
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Well, yeah, that reminds me of when Colorado legalized, and the TSA at Aspen airport called the local sheriff to come and bust some dude flying out with a few ounces he bought at a dispensary , and the sheriff said, what do want me to do? It's legal here.
    Benny with the local Intel