Page 291 of 371 FirstFirst ... 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 ... LastLast
Results 7,251 to 7,275 of 9264
    Wish I could get those dialed but not so far.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Wish I could get those dialed but not so far.
    Agree, but I'm fairly good with the tincture thing now. I like how precise you can be with the dropper.

I just bought some candies in CA and the bud tender was discussing chocolate vs hard candy buzz. Stating something like chocolate and cookies tend to be more of a body buzz and candy a little more heady. All based on the way it enters your system.

He also said the industry is trending away for listing the type of weed in edibles because as an example Alaskan Thunderfuck will or can react completely different smoking vs a cookie, hard candy, or chocolate etc. They don't want negative feedback from people expecting the "AKfuck" buzz and not getting it from the edible.

That some connoisseur shit man. I just like the buzz.

I'm always either not stoned or way too stoned. I have a decent story about getting lost in Tokyo way too stoned on edibles.

Just being in Tokyo is like an unplanned acid trip.

But I have to say, people in Japan are vaping nicotine all over the country. And not a single case reported. Weed is so illegal and so stigmatized I don't know anything about it here. I don't go there... too much to lose if I were ever to get busted.

I boiled my thermometer, and sure enough, this spot, which purported to be two thousand feet higher than the locality of the hotel, turned out to be nine thousand feet LOWER. Thus the fact was clearly demonstrated that, ABOVE A CERTAIN POINT, THE HIGHER A POINT SEEMS TO BE, THE LOWER IT ACTUALLY IS. Our ascent itself was a great achievement, but this contribution to science was an inconceivably greater matter.

--MT--

Quote Originally Posted by telepariah View Post

But I have to say, people in Japan are vaping nicotine all over the country. And not a single case reported. Weed is so illegal and so stigmatized I don't know anything about it here. I don't go there... too much to lose if I were ever to get busted.
    Who let you out of Boulder???

Man I carried edibles on different trips to Japan, China,and the Phillipines..some of the most repressive countries in the world on weed, and I don't even like edibles. Something is wrong with my brain. But that's not news.

I do like fooling authority and getting over I will admit.

As a resident of Japan married to a Japanese national, a lot more people than me would be harmed if I got busted. I guess to the extent that I am a party to many "giri" relationships, I have gone a little bit native.

A few years ago I did accept an edible from a woman I met on the plane. When I went through immigration and customs at Narita I was HAF. When they found a lighter in my repair kit I was like whatever dude. Keep it.

@riser3, been back in Sapporo for a year now due to health related early retirement before full SS and medicare eligibility. Loving it and not planning on moving back though I do still visit. Was just back there last month for the annual sand worm crawl and to visit my pops in NY. Only problem here is no MMJ.

Here I am skinning up Rishiri with a bunch of Lilliputians.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0H2A1512.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	986.6 KB 
ID:	297081

I boiled my thermometer, and sure enough, this spot, which purported to be two thousand feet higher than the locality of the hotel, turned out to be nine thousand feet LOWER. Thus the fact was clearly demonstrated that, ABOVE A CERTAIN POINT, THE HIGHER A POINT SEEMS TO BE, THE LOWER IT ACTUALLY IS. Our ascent itself was a great achievement, but this contribution to science was an inconceivably greater matter.

--MT--

I am a party to many "giri" relationships, I have gone a little bit native
    Curious what that means,

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    LOL@ "asked people if they were black marketeers." Of course not and I didn't mean to imply I thought that but rather the cheaper ones were made with cheap materials and that black market sellers would be more likely to go as low as possible on carts to maximize their profit.
    The black market carts I was getting were better than the ones I got at dispensaries in terms of build quality. That's all I got.

But since Japan is a topic...met some peeps at the burn who were shipping erl into Japan. And had home delivery of L in Tokyo with a phone call.

Then just stick to the acid ;?)

And for those who don't get us, this man up there and I did a first decent in the Gore together, 12 years ago? Holy shit....

Where that photo was taken, I bet no other human had actually ever walked/shitted that ground. So obscure. We had just passed a little class 4 cliff band, and his cooking in the mid the night before kicked in. And we could see a good line to the summit.
    Last edited by MakersTeleMark; 10-10-2019 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Then just stick to the acid ;?)

And for those who don't get us, this man up there and I did a first decent in the Gore together, 12 years ago? Holy shit....

Where that photo was taken, I bet no other human had actually ever walked/shitted that ground. So obscure. We had just passed a little class 4 cliff band, and his cooking in the mid the night before kicked in. And we could see a good line to the summit.
    I'd vote for that guy for pres!

Moon over Summit County strikes again!

If you want to do a half, see what happens, then do the other half, that's up to you, man.

"Giri" is a Japanese concept of obligations in close personal and hierarchical relationships. When you incur giri you can never retire the obligation. You are continually obligated to live up to certain expectations under punishment of shame and banishment from the relationships. You probably could not have hurt them more if you tried. It is the worst thing to be ostracized in Japan and if you go to prison you have let down all the people to whom you were obligated under giri. You are nothing without your group.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giri_(Japanese)

MakersTeleMark on the first descent of the Graupel Couloir, Rain Peak, Eagles Nest Wilderness, May 2007.
    Name:  willow10.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  87.2 KB

--MT--

The Japanese are still fucking crazy

Moon over Summit County strikes again!
    Better than a paper moon, right MTM?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Doobers. Since: Always.
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Yonder_River View Post
    The pax 3 cost a bit more and didn't seem like it offered up much different besides a stupid phone app.
    Pax 3 has a 10-year warranty which is pretty cool. Otherwise though, it feels overpriced for a conduction device. Pax kinda seems like the Crank Brothers of vaping products.

Arizer appears to be having a sale:

https://arizer.com/

Wonder if sales have dropped for a lot of these companies in light of the health scare. Washington just banned flavored e-liquid. Most stores stayed open until midnight the day before the ban went into effect and did brisk business so clearly there are people who are buying despite it all.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Thank for all the advice. Arizer looks good but I've had a shitty week and want to get something in my hands today. Yeah, I should've ordered a few days ago but I blew it.

I'm not a dentist except on TGR,but would I be foolish to get a Firefly II+? Locally I can get that, Pax 3 or DaVinci, or cheap brands I'veNever heard of. FF interest me because I'm a light user and you don't have to complete a bowl - you can have a hit and save the rest for later, which is how I use cartridges now. Plus it sounds smooth and less smelly, so maybe better in the house without the kids noticing?

Yes it's spendy, but so is Pax and DeVinci.

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    Thank for all the advice. Arizer looks good but I've had a shitty week and want to get something in my hands today. Yeah, I should've ordered a few days ago but I blew it.

I'm not a dentist except on TGR,but would I be foolish to get a Firefly II+? Locally I can get that, Pax 3 or DaVinci, or cheap brands I'veNever heard of. FF interest me because I'm a light user and you don't have to complete a bowl - you can have a hit and save the rest for later, which is how I use cartridges now. Plus it sounds smooth and less smelly, so maybe better in the house without the kids noticing?

The Ghost MV1 is an on demand flower vape too. You might want to check it out.

another vote for the FF2 if you are looking for a battery powered device

dynavap for IH or torch

FF2 is so smooth you don’t even know you’re hitting it half the time

It smells. Period. No hiding it

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    It smells. Period. No hiding it

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    The Firefly doesn't smell much at all. I've smoked in the next room and my partner didn't smell anything. It only vapes while you're actually inhaling, so if you hold it in, most of the smell is only what you end up breathing out. So not much smell at all. You stop inhaling, it stops vaping/smoking. Period. Very, very little smell. In fact, not much more smell than you'd get from just keeping the fresh/unsmoked flower/weed in a baggie/grinder on the counter. At lower temps, it kind of smells like you might have had a pine air freshener in the room.

The Pax smells quite a bit as it vapes and kind of stores the smoke/vapor inside the unit while you're not directly pulling on it, or smoke leaks out of the unit, and it's a much thicker vape/smoke. It burns/heats/vapes all the time, even when you're not inhaling. So there is certainly more smell with Pax. Almost as much as smoking a pinner.
    Last edited by reckless toboggan; 10-11-2019 at 10:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point

Cool, thanks for the info. I think I'm going to pick up a FF2+.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    FF2 is so smooth you don’t even know you’re hitting it half the time
    Yup, exactly.

Cool, thanks for the info. I think I'm going to pick up a FF2+.
    If you keep the temps to between 360F and 380F you'll get the meds with out much vapor at all. Once you get to 390F or above, the smoke you exhale increases. By 420F you're getting a lot of vapour and probably some smoke too.

So for the FF2, temps 360F to 380F or 390F and inhale with the same power (or lack of power) as though you're sipping from a really hot cup of tea and don't want to burn your mouth...but use that level of sipping power to inhale for between 7 and 10 seconds. Remember, you're not yanking the shit out of a bowl at the end of a 3 foot bong. Long even sips. Wait a couple minutes. Repeat as necessary.

Hold the FF2 power/activator button(s) for 3 to 5 seconds to heat up before you take your first pull of that session. Take your pull. Release the activator button(s). From then on (for the rest of that session) don't hold the power/activator button(s) when you're not actively inhaling.

It's amazing how little weed you use because you use it so efficiently with the FF2.

It's also amazing how little weed you need to reach your level when you're not wasting 80% of it just burning away into the air while you pass it around.

Also, VERY IMPORTANT, when the weed in the bowl of your FF2 is cashed (make sure to stir the bowl once or twice as you go), it turns an even golden brown and you'll start to get a bit of a popcorn taste. Stop vaping it at that point.

Empty your golden brown weed remains into a jar and keep it. When the jar is full, put the golden remains (which have been decarboxylated by you vaping it instead of burning it) into a double boiler with some butter, and melt it at low temps for a long time, then strain the (now totally cashed) remains out. This makes weed butter that you can store almost indefinitey in your freezer for use in baked goods at some point.
    Last edited by reckless toboggan; 10-11-2019 at 10:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    the situation strikes me as WAY too much drama at this point