ebay lost package issue

I sold some computer stuff on e-bay after it didn't sell here. I usually get delivery confirmation and tracking but the item sold for 13 dollars plus shipping so I decided to take a gamble and spend the extra few bucks. Of course, the buyer now claims he didn't get the package. It was sent priority mail over 10 days ago. Has anyone dealt with this before? Am I just out of luck since I have no way to prove it was delivered? Did some quick searching and couldn't find anything on this.

Yes, unfortunately you're SOL. Only way to get any coverage (through Paypal or USPS) is to have delivery confirmation. Unfortunately you have no recourse without those...

Yeah, without even a tracking number you unfortunately are going to lose anything brought to the resolution center. You are probably best off just refunding the buyer to avoid the hassle and the damage to your feedback.

The 80 cents for delivery confirmation is cheap insurance to prevent scammers from dinging you. If you pay for the shipping electronically through paypal or the USPS site, delivery confirmation is often free if you simply check the box.
    Driving to Targhee

Yeah, I'm kicking myself for not getting the delivery confirmation. Tried to save a few bucks on a low priced item by not getting the usual insurance/delivery confirmation. Turns out it was sent to a private mailing agency called Hagen's of Blaine. Local post office thought it was likely there. No one picked up the phone at Hagen's when I called. We'll see.