Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

The McRib is back...

Can they only hunt down enough of the nastiest meat on the planet to support this blatant assault on the human digestive system once a year? Must the associated commercials highlight the fact that only the lowest forms of human life forms can actually be retarded enough to get excited about, and consume these substandard stacks of rodent flesh?

Discuss...

You mean people like Jack?

http://youtu.be/TSUPWNOrsNA
    You know, you can swear on this site. Fuck, shit bitch. See?

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again

stop going to McD, stop watching TV with ads and stop supporting businesses that support blatant corporate farming and you will be much happier.

I personally could give two shits about a McRib and less about talking about it. [/end of thread]=[/end of thread fail]

but that's just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by skuba View Post
    you can let it free and be as stupid as possible

Thread Killer
    I would like to see your point of view but I can't get my head that far up your ass.

price of pork plummets... hello McRib. I'll pass though. 70 ingredients is too many for a molded piece of "meat"
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeStrummer
    The universe that is a vehicle is a funny and delicate thing. I fucked my wife in the back seat of our Saab in the parking lot before a Social D / Superchunk show at Red Rocks. After that the radio never worked again.

This horrible excuse for a sandwich has been out for a month now and people will not shut up about it. How it passes for "food", I don't know. Stop pandering to marketing assaults, it's a fucking sandwich.

Couldn't believe the ingredient list on that thing.

Quote Originally Posted by sidewall View Post
    Couldn't believe the ingredient list on that thing.
    II've never had one and I don't plan on starting, but they're not all that scary, pretty standard for fast food.

Quote Originally Posted by McRib ingredients list:

McRib ®†:
    McRib Pork Patty, McRib Bun, McRib Sauce, Pickle Slices, Slivered Onions

McRib Pork Patty:
    Pork, water, salt, dextrose, preservatives (BHA, propyl gallate, citric acid)

McRib Bun:
    Enriched flour (bleached wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), water, yeast, high fructose corn syrup, contains 2% or less of the following: salt, corn meal, wheat gluten, soybean oil, partially hydrogenated soybean and/or cottonseed oils, dextrose, sugar, malted barley flour, cultured wheat flour, calcium sulfate, ammonium sulfate, soy flour, dough conditioners (sodium stearoyl lactylate, datem, ascorbic acid, azodicarbonamide, mono- and diglycerides, ethoxylated mono- and diglycerides, monocalcium phosphate, enzymes, guar gum, calcium peroxide), calcium propionate (preservative), soy lecithin.

McRib Sauce:
    Water, high fructose corn syrup, tomato paste, distilled vinegar, molasses, natural smoke flavor (plant source), food starch-modified, salt, sugar, spices, soybean oil, xanthan gum, onion powder, garlic powder, chili pepper, sodium benzoate (preservative), caramel color, beet powder

The bun is probably to scariest part of the sandwich.

Yeah, maybe it takes them all year just to compile the unpronounceable garbage just for the bun.

I don't remember the last time I ate at Mcdonalds and I hope it stays that way. I'm sure it was on a road trip where it was the only sustenance available at the truckstop outside of microwave burritos and year old hot dogs on a roller.

As far as avoiding their advertising, it's everywhere, I've heard like 5 McRib commercials in the last hour on Pandora. I guess as long as they keep paying for my free streaming radio, they can attempt to brainwash me into eating their chemical laden meats.

Bobby Stainless Guest
    Yeah. You guys are super gnarly.

One of the very BEST MRE's is a pork rib that tastes exactly like the McRib patty. I didn't mind it a bit.

I tried my first one last week and it will be my last. I've got a couple friends that love these things, but I thought it was terrible. Even the BBQ was disgusting.

READ ON

I'm sure those of you who aren't in the cattle business don't understand the
    issues here. But to those of us whose living depends on the cattle market,
    selling cattle, raising the best beef possible. This is frustrating. This
    will keep us from ever stopping there again, even for a drink. The original
    message is from the Texas Cattle Feeders Association American cattle
    producers are very passionate about this.

McDonald's claims that there is not enough beef in the USA to support their
    restaurants. Well, we know that is not so. Our opinion is they are looking
    to save money at our expense. The sad thing of it is that the people of the
    USA are the ones who made McDonald's successful in the first place, but we
    are not good enough to provide beef.

We personally are no longer eating at McDonald's, which I am sure does not
    make an impact, but if we pass this around maybe there will be an impact
    felt.

All Americans that sell cows at a livestock auction barn had to sign a
    paper stating that we do NOT EVER feed our cows any part of another cow.
    South Americans are not required to do this as of yet.

McDonald's has announced that they are going to start importing much of
    their beef from South America. The problem is that South Americans aren't
    under the same regulations as American beef producers, and the regulations
    they have are loosely controlled.

They can spray numerous pesticides on their pastures that have been banned
    here at home because of residues found in the beef. They can also use
    various hormones and growth regulators that we can't. The American public
    needs to be aware of this problem and that they may be putting themselves at
    risk from now on by eating at g ood old McDonald's.

American ranchers raise the highest quality beef in the world and this is
    what Americans deserve to eat. Not beef from countries where quality is
    loosely controlled. Therefore, I am proposing a boycott of McDonald's until
    they see the light.

I'm sorry but everything is not always about the bottom line, and when it
    comes to jeopardizing my family's health, that is where I draw the line.

I am sending this note to about thirty people. If each of you send it to at
    least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ...and those 300 send it to at l east ten
    more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... And so on, by the time the message reaches the
    sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION
    consumers!

I'll bet you didn't think you and I had that much potential, did you?
    Acting together we can make a difference. If this makes sense to you, please
    pass this message on..

David W. Forrest, Ph.D ., PAS, Dipl.

ACAP Department of Animal Science

Texas A&M University

Phone (979) 845-3560

Fax (979) 862-3399

2471 TAMU College Station , TX 77843-2471

Quote Originally Posted by whipski View Post

The Japanese raise the highest quality beef in the world...
    Fixed that for you.

The bun is a bit like eating your yoga mat-

Quote:

According to Time, the McRib bun contains azodicarbonamide: a flour-bleaching agent that is most commonly used in the manufacture of foamed plastics like in gym mats and the soles of shoes. Essentially, the McRib could double as a Dr. Scholls foot pad. There’s more: azodicarbonamide is banned as a food additive in Europe and Australia, and is classified as a “respiratory sensitizer” that potentially contributes to asthma. Bon appetit!
    Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

I eat one a year approximately as a sort of rite of passage. Like walking over coals or a sort of gastronomic scarification (sounds about right).

I had a Mcrib late night last week, while I was camping in a RV on a surftrip. I woke up at 330am with cold sweats and felt like my ass was going to blowup. I barely made it outside before I shit all over the lawn at an apartment complex. That's the last mcrib I'm going to eat
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohes View Post
    I couldn't give a fuck, but today I am procrastinating so TGR is my filler.
    Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    faceshots are a powerful currency
    get paid

I love Mcdicks. They offer a bum like me food for like a buck fifty two here in Canada. And I am pretty sure the meat in their burgers is just as shitty as anything else in this town I can afford, but it tastes good is fast and is served by a perky boob'd aussie.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Marshack View Post
    I love Mcdicks. They offer a bum like me food for like a buck fifty two here in Canada. And I am pretty sure the meat in their burgers is just as shitty as anything else in this town I can afford, but it tastes good is fast and is served by a perky boob'd aussie.
    I eat 4 eggs every morning, a chicken salad loaded with veggies every afternoon and steak (cheap cut) with steamed vegetables every evening. Each meal averages ~$1.83 when combined buying things on sale and storing meat in the freezer. That's under $40 for 3 solid healthy meals per week that take at most 10 minutes to prepare. And I could eat much cheaper if I wanted to eat crappier food. McDonald's isn't cheap for what you get.

I had one for the first time at a rest stop coming back from VT a few weeks ago. Serious mystery meat. Usually I get rib meat stuck between the teeth. Nuthin with this meat.
    Silent....but shredly.

I don't know how I stumbled across this article nor how I've never discovered theawl.com before. Check it out:

"The theory that the McRib’s elusiveness is a direct result of the vagaries of the cash price for hog meat in the States is simple: in this thinking, the product is only introduced when pork prices are low enough to ensure McDonald’s can turn a profit on the product. The theory is especially convincing given the McRib's status as the only non-breakfast fast food pork item: why wouldn't there be a pork sandwich in every chain, if it were profitable?

Fast food involves both hideously violent economies of scale and sad, sad end users who volunteer to be taken advantage of. What makes the McRib different from this everyday horror is that a) McDonald’s is huge to the point that it’s more useful to think of it as a company trading in commodities than it is to think of it as a chain of restaurants b) it is made of pork, which makes it a unique product in the QSR world and c) it is only available sometimes, but refuses to go away entirely.

If you can demonstrate that McDonald’s only introduces the sandwich when pork prices are lower than usual, then you’re but a couple logical steps from concluding that McDonald’s is essentially exploiting a market imbalance between what normal food producers are willing to pay for hog meat at certain times of the year, and what Americans are willing to pay for it once it is processed, molded into illogically anatomical shapes, and slathered in HFCS-rich BBQ sauce."

http://www.theawl.com/2011/11/a-cons...b-as-arbitrage

Read Bourdain's "Medium Raw" for all the info you'll ever care to know about how McD's and other fast food places get their "meat". I'm sure it's similar for thier pork products but the long and short of it is:

McD's can't afford real cuts of meat so they get their "meat" from plants that render the scraps of the animal closest to the skin, the area most susceptable to disease, infection, and contamination. Since they know this "meat" has a higher chance of having toxins or bacteria in it they play it safe and bleach and centrifuge it before sending it off to be mixed with similar "meat" from other plants. This is so when an e-coli outbreak hits no one rendering plant can be solely on the hook for the outbreak, it's shared liability, and a way to point the finger the next guy. The meat is only inspected post-mixing.

Theeeeeeeen its sent to McD's for molding into those familiar shapes of patties and I'd have to assume McRib patties.

Ugh.
    I still call it The Jake.

If you've ever seen how "chopped and formed" meat is processed, you'd never eat anything that's been through that process again.

I worked at McD's back when the chicken mcnugget was first introduced. Even as a teenager who'd gladly eat a microwave burrito from 7-11 I found them disgusting. Now, having seen how "chopped and formed" meats are processed, complete with bleaching and then having flavor enhancers added back in to restore some semblance of flavor to them (a step that appears to be missing from the McRib meat), I refuse to eat anything like that except in the most dire of circumstances.
    ...Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain...

"I enjoy skinny skiing, bullfights on acid..." - Lacy Underalls

The problems we face will not be solved by the minds that created them.

Quote Originally Posted by carvedog View Post
    I personally could give two shits about a McRib and less about talking about it. [/end of thread]=[/end of thread fail]

but that's just me.
    Then why did you?
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Then why did you?
    maybe because he has to assert his awesomeness on the rest of us?

I missed his post the first glance through. He also failed with his []'s. The slash indicates a closing tag or "end" so to say what he wanted to say it would just be [/thread]. Irks me to no end when people put the word end after the slash like they are being witty when they know shit.