Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Just found out my first gear purchase for the 2012 - 13 ski season. First DPS ski that I'm actually interested in dropping the money on too, and there is a spot in my quiver.
    Magic Mountain Freeride Team...bringing your grom's game to the next level.

The only ski you'll ever need...http://worthskis.com/skis/the-magic/

"Errare Humanum Est"

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post
    there is a 192cm coming out next summer.
    Excellent.

how does this skinny stick work in pow? Is it loose enough or slarvy? or is it a more traditional ride.
    . . .

A set of 184 Pures showed up yesterday. Anyone on the fence...you want these sticks. As stated in the Blister review and on The DPS site, these are not a mini RP112. The design is obviously based on some of the same concepts but it is a different ski. The rocker in the tail is much less pronounced than the 112.

After flexing them and caressing them I'm gonna guess these skis will slay all conditions except for the super deep days as well or better than anything in this class. The 99 seems to fit the Daily Driver bill perfectly. This ski would be a perfect light touring rig for long days too. Super light!

Buy some!

schwerty, do you have access to a decent scale to weigh them ?

I'm going to be back on the 99s for several days, starting with opening day at Alta, so I'll be able to update soon.

Really looking forward to getting these on more and better snow, and some varied terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by oldboy View Post
    schwerty, do you have access to a decent scale to weigh them ?
    Just a regular bathroom scale. I will see what it comes up with sometime today. What I come up with might not be accurate.

for those that asked, the confirmed and verified weight of a 184cm wailer 99 PURE is 1705g. thanks
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post
    for those that asked, the confirmed and verified weight of a 184cm wailer 99 PURE is 1705g. thanks
    Sweet. Thanks.

Ordered a pair when first announced, received yesterday, WAY AHEAD of expectation. I thought I wouldn't see these until Dec, and they are in hand now, mid November. BIG props to DPS for changing their approach and selling what's in stock, etc, etc.

Fast ordering, fast shipping, SICK LOOKING boards. I'm super stoked on the shaping of these now that I have them in person and can compare them to a bunch of other planks. They look a lot like a smaller 112 or S7 nose/front end, but I'm particularly pleased by the tail shaping. I had and sold off a pair of S3s; these 99s have a much lower tail rocker, a nice semi-flat tail for skin clips, a perfect amount of camber underfoot, and a sweet finish. They're hawt!

I obviously haven't ridden them yet, but I fully expect that these will single-handedly replace R.EXs, Teledaddys, S3s, and W105s that I have or have owned recently, and will be a killer do-it-all board for daily driver inbounds in CO, as well as hut trips and touring. Imagine they'll crush it for bEast coasters who wanted but couldn't justify the size of 112s, as well as Euro-zone folks and others in the skinnier touring ski crowd. The pow performance should be REALLY good based on the tip rocker and shaping, a W99 and L138 quiver would cover a TON of ground. Killer 2 ski quiver concept.
    Everything is coming up Brady.

Pure or Hybrid? Care to post a weight? Really, seriously considering a pair. My wallet already hates me.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

M, could you post the weight on the 176 w99/nina pure? How much do u save going down size?

My 184 Hybrids are scheduled to arrive today -- stoked to try them out this weekend.
    Gallery || Facebook || Instagram
    Go that way, really fast...if something gets in your way, TURN!

Fuzz, can you weight them and post up? Been trying to find a weight on the hybrids. Or Marshal, if you know the weight. I'm guessing approx 4.5#/2050g per ski, but it would be nice to confirm that. Pures probably aren't in the budget this season, but a hybrid might be.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Got an email yesterday that my 99 PURE's will be in NJ by middle of next week. I'm stoked...only thing we need now is some snow!
    northern lights and southern comfort...

I can weigh the Hybrids I received sometime in the next few days if Marshal doesn't respond Ophishally, but my scale is not super accurate, so you'll have to take it with a grain of salt.
    Everything is coming up Brady.

184w99 hybrid confirmed 2060g
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Hey Marshal,

Anything special about getting these mounted? Was planning on taking them to Precision Ski in Frisco to get my Dukes on them, but don't want the shop to screw them up if they don't realize any special instructions or anything. I know Mountain Outfitter in Breck is a DPS retailer, but it's a lot more convenient for me to get to Frisco.

pure: 4.1x9.5, tap, use some form of urethane glue or epoxy or something, just not wood glue
    hybrid: 3.5x9.5, any glue is fine.

word
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Festivus came early...

Can anyone confirm the distance of the midsole mark from the tail? 80cm from the review seems like a lot of ski back there, several cm longer than anything else I have in a similar length including the 112's.

Quote Originally Posted by squib View Post
    Can anyone confirm the distance of the midsole mark from the tail? 80cm from the review seems like a lot of ski back there, several cm longer than anything else I have in a similar length including the 112's.
    I just measured again, this time on a pair of PUREs. The midsole mark is 80cm from the tail, for sure.

Has anyone who's been on these also ridden a 183 Euro-made Bro?

If I got a pair of 99s that's most likely what would have to go to make room...

I understand that given the rocker profile they're clearly different skis, but dims are similar enough that I'm wondering how they stack up against each other.

Anyone been on both?

JFE24, how is the testing going?

Anyone who's touched these want to comment on the stiffness underfoot, in the tip etc?

Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    JFE24, how is the testing going?
    Good, just skied Alta for 5 days, Jason and I were switching back and forth between the Blizzard Bonafides and a pair of W99 PUREs. I'll hope to update by this afternoon.