Marker Comp 16 for Park Ski?

I was thinking about getting a Marker Comp 16 to go with last years Surface Double Times.

They weigh about five pounds, which aint good, but also aint bad.

They are one of the least expensive 16 din bindings on the market right now, which is why I am considering them.

What do you think, besides the weight? Would this binder work well for park? How about releases?
    Quote Originally Posted by splat,Huckin eh?, and Stroupskier, respectively
    Someone shoulda warned him that no matter how brutal winter or summer can be, a bad post on TGR can be almost impossible to weather once the shitstorm breaks loose.

Or worse, the "Shitnado"!

No, a shiticane.

I raced on them and I'd have no qualms about using them in other settings. They have held me in as well as any 916s or FKS I've used. Marker Comp bindings have a bad rap but the metal race bindings are an exception.

If you look at photos, a lot of big mountain comp skiers have these on their skis, e.g. Griffin Post:

People around here crap on these style of Marker bindings, but I've used them in the past and have never had a problem.

Don't do it. Good binding for all around ripping but you will experience pre-release when landing ass backwards. I have seen some on park skis cranked past 14 just to stay on with the "butthole facing the wrong way" landings. It will work but Salomon or look would be a better choice. Just my observation... I'm sure others will disagree with me and call me names like ass douching dick sniffer but I can take it...

jerr is offline Underwater trapeze artist
    That's funny
    Nine out of ten Jeremy's prefer a warm jacket to a warm day

do you need 16 DIN? if not buy a better pair of 12-14 DIN bindings that wont prelease and dont have shitty biometric toe pieces

just remember, there is reason why marker race bindings have to go to 30, while every other company makes due with 20
    ‎Preserving farness, nearness presences nearness in nearing that farness