Alpine boots with touring setup

I live in NC and in between resort days at cataluchie, I want to hit the sweet backcountry. ONly issue is that I don't have a setup and don't want to spend any extra money than I have to. So if I buy some of those touring bindings from one of you guys, I can use my regular boots without any issues, right?

If not, what about those bindings that are free in the back? I'm not sure if my boots will work with those though because they don't bend very well, lol.

Just a friendly word of advice there friend. I would probably post this sort of inquiry in the "Tech Talk" forum before the wolves start to feed.
    P.S- please make sure you have the appropriate avalanche safety gear before you head out in the the backcountry. Shoevel, probe, beacon and most importantly, knowledge!
    That is all.
    Last edited by ren; 11-05-2011 at 04:37 PM.

I HAVE AN IPHONE, IS THERE A BEACON APP FOR IT? SORRY ABOT THE CAPS, MY CAT WALKED ACROSS THE KEYBOARD WHEN I WAS IN THE BATHROOM A MINUTE AGO AND NOW I CAN'T SEEM TO TURN THEM OFF, THE CAPS LOCK BUTTON IS LOCKED- LOL

edited to say that I figured out how to turn it off, the button must have just been stuck, thanks for the quick reply ren. How do I move my post?

you got beta on the sweet BC in NC?

No, that's going to be my next question. I'm gonna need it and bros to ski with. I'm kind of a n00b, so if you don't mind me tagging along, I'll drive!!! I have a corolla that can fit 4 or 5 if you don't mind squeezing in the back.

Schweet troll...

what kinda BC is there at catahoochie?

two boot buckles and a safety strap (where its at)

crab in my shoe mouth

Trolls don't even make an effort anymore. Quit being so fucking lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by time2clmb View Post
    Trolls don't even make an effort anymore. Quit being so fucking lazy.
    Well played sir, I will simply have to ditch my attempt an juvenile humor here and post under my real name......TJ