Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    6 months man, and my dog showed up on the end of another persons leash! He was two blocks away! Behind a 12 foot wall though.

Keep up the spirit!

The wife is having nightmares and is moving into a desperate emotional phase.

She went ahead and contacted a pet psychic and was told that shortly after he ran off, Nanuq was picked up by someone in a small older model white car working in our neighborhood and was taken to Aurora (about 20 miles east). But he is safe and healthy. (of course the "feeling" was a bit fuzzy and this was the best they could offer)

This was free advice. Joan is considering a query with another "pet communicator" to see what they think.

geeze, I'm living in crazy town.

Dude - you guys are working yourselves into a frenzy. You need to pull back and reassess.

Sorry to sound blunt but "Dog Psychic?" That's fucking retarded.

I did get up only about four around up here. Two on campus, one at 80th and Sheridan, and one at 64th and Wads. My wife got three up; one on either side of the Mall and one at 15th and Grant. (all done early last week)

Way far out of the area but hopefully it makes a small difference.

If you think the "pet psychic" has any grain of truth to it, I'll roll down to the Kennedy Ballfields at 225 and Parker to throw up a few around that area. I umpire there and could talk to a few people that maintain the property.
    The best things in life aren't things.

Man it sounds like she's getting more worked up by the day. Like hysterical. Instead of a dog psychic it looks like maybe it's time for a human psychiatrist.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkhound Odin View Post
    ...She went ahead and contacted a pet psychic... Joan is considering a query with another "pet communicator" ...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	facepalm.gif 
Views:	8 
Size:	763.8 KB 
ID:	104924

Might sound lame but I totally get it. I fucking love my dogs and would throw down $40 bucks to a kook if it even gave me a remote chance of finding my pooches.

I guess some people really do love their dogs more than others and would excersise every possibilty to find them in the event it was to run away. Crazy.

Keep your head up..for some weird reason i think this is all going to work out.

Disclaimer: I AM NOT A PET PSYCHIC...

It's a horrible deal Odin and I know you guys are killing yourselves but you guys have done all the right things. Time to just keep the faith and see what happens. Stuff happens for a reason and you guys will get thru this deal.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Quote Originally Posted by MotherFucker View Post
    Might sound lame but I totally get it. I fucking love my dogs and would throw down $40 bucks to a kook if it even gave me a remote chance of finding my pooches.

I guess some people really do love their dogs more than others and would excersise every possibilty to find them in the event it was to run away. Crazy.
    You're defending pet psychics? wtf. You'd be a lot better off giving $20 to a homeless guy and telling him you'll give him the other $20 if he finds the dog.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    You're defending pet psychics? wtf. You'd be a lot better off giving $20 to a homeless guy and telling him you'll give him the other $20 if he finds the dog.
    I'm not defending the pet psychic by any means. They do a job (albeit a fucking stupid one) that people pay for. Hell, they have pretty decent business sense if they can sustain a living off doing that kind lame-ass shit.

I guess what I was doing was defending EO and his wife's decision to maybe go with another "pet psychic". Who's any of us to tell him it's fucking crazy? It's his dog and she already feels like shit for feeling guilty it happened.

You suggested seeing a $125/hr people psychiatrist; I'm simply suggesting a cheaper alternative if it makes her feel better.

Yeah I guess, if it makes her feel better. Can't hurt I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Yeah I guess, if it makes her feel better. Can't hurt I suppose.
    Cereal? "Psychics" are scam artists who sling bullshit to pry $$ out of their victims. It's not going to make her feel better; it's going to fuck with her mind and fuck with her pocketbook.

Edit to add: Don't mean any disrespect, Odin; just trying to save you some grief. Hope pooch finds his way home soon.

no offense taken. We are not going to pay someone for a "feeling". I got a feeling right here. I would not be opposed to paying someone after-the-fact if their "ability" resulted in the return of our dog.

I can't remember, but did you guys offer a reward in any of the fliers or Craigslist postings? That kind of thing always helps too. It doesn't have to be big cash, just a reward.
    Quote Originally Posted by RockBoy View Post
    The wife's not gonna be happy when she sees a few dollars missing from the savings and a note on the door that reads, "Gone to AK for the week. Remember to walk the dog."
    Quote Originally Posted by kannonbal View Post
    Damn it. You never get a powder day you didn't ski back. The one time you blow off a day, or a season, it will be the one time it is the miracle of all history. The indescribable flow, the irreplaceable nowness, the transcendental dance; blink and you miss it.
    Some people blink their whole lives.