Act of Valor movie

cool looking trailer

Hopefully the movie is as good as the trailer.
    The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.

Was wondering if anyone here has seen this movie. Haven't had the chance yet and was wondering what others thought that weren't in the military.

It's at 29% on rotten tomatoes. Not a good sign for it being any good.

went and saw it with my brother, former marine reconnaissance, on opening weekend.

movie was alright. good action scenes and lots of them. unbelievable plot, bad acting and weird anti-semitism tone in the movie (the two antagonists are both jews, one being a jew turned taliban leader??!?).
    if you like lots of action and not too much story/plot, then you'll like it.
    i think my brother enjoyed it, he said the action scenes were very believable. he didn't really comment on the plot, but he did say that US troops would never be allowed into mexico to try to stop human smuggling.....

I really liked it.

Acting was horrible, but supposedly the SEAL advisors got tired of trying to convince actors how things would be, so they just ended up doing it themselves. Surprise surprise they're as wooden as a lumberyard. But it's where they get the "starring active-duty SEALs" bit, I wondered how they pulled that off in these times - SOCOM is the busiest it's ever been, how can they spare dudes and money for a movie insteada out huntin turrirists...

After lugging around snake eaters and their toys for years it was cool to see their shit in use. Minigun on riverboats BRAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!, nobody got turned into pink mist from that one so not that realistic I guess but still sounded and looked cool. Not that I want to see anybody reduced to mist, it's just what miniguns do.

Those guys are probably the best ators that have ever been in the Seals. Unfortunately, the "best actor in the Seals" category tops out well below the bottom of the "worst actual actor ever" category. But that's a minor complaint, they aren't actors, what did you expect?

Lots of cool technology and some edge-of-your-seat moments, but don't think too much about the plot. Don't think about it at all, actually. Some of the shit just doesn't make sense, but with this much shit exploding, who really cares?

All in all it was worth the money, pretty entertaining, but don't think too much while you're watching it.

What is interesting about this flick is that some of the scenes was live fire. Meaning that actual bullets were going down range. I think the minigun scene was one of them.

Always cracks me up how Hollywood sound effects and pyrotechnics guys fuck up miniguns. No rat-a-tat-a-tat, no single bullet strikes in a line on the dirt while the hero runs away, nothing like that.

No shit, the first time I heard an A-10 it sounded really weird. Had no idea what is was until someone told me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper Bones View Post
    Always cracks me up how Hollywood sound effects and pyrotechnics guys fuck up miniguns.
    They pretty much fuck up any weapon, including blades.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    They pretty much fuck up any weapon, including blades.
    pfft. whatever. my pocket knife totally makes swishing sounds through the air when I use it to open an envelope.