Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Romp skis????

Here is a review Exotic Skis just posted of the Romp 100 http://www.exoticskis.com/Forum/defa...?g=posts&t=254

I had a chance to ski the 106 last week during my stay in Crested Butte. I was very impressed with their bomber feel and stability at high speeds. They skied quick in the trees and with the aggressive side-cut radius it could lay down a nice tight carve on variable snow. I also checked out their new Countervail tech during my tour of the shop and although I didn't get to ride a Countervail ski, I was really impressed with the damping it provided in the test layup. Most of the time I buy skis that have titanal layers in them because of the damping and grip they provide but this carbon technology could provide all the benefits with much less weight. I will be following this company closely to see if this new technology starts gaining more traction.
    4 Time Balboa Open Champion

Bump. Been studying the use of skis by commandos in the military and I see that Romp got an order for a few hundred pair of skis custom designed for US military special ops use. The USA sucked last year at the NATO winter military games with rubber Micky Mouse boots getting ripped by metal bindings and Tyvek windbreakers exploding at the seams. Looks like this batch has tech bindings.

https://www.denverpost.com/2017/01/2...pecial-forces/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	romp mil ski.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	179.8 KB 
ID:	275358
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Bumping this up to seek intel on the 98 Pintail?

Anyone out there demo'ed or own it? I'm thinking it'd make for a rippin' touring ski. I purchased the Romp 100 in the 180 length back in 2012 here on the forum and it's holding up really well but all that rocker paired with the shorter length make it less than ideal for icy climbs/descents.

Bump. Demo'd the Zorro 100 Saturday afternoon of a pow day in CB. It was much damper than my usual playful type skis, and really excelled at busting through the crud and chopped up pow in the afternoon. It also crushed zipperlines in the soft bumps on Twister. While most skis will excel on a soft day, I'm definitely intrigued.

Anyone on these or the Oso's?