Smile TR: Spring skiing in Norway

Still waiting for snow where I live, so I decided to post up a video a friend made from one of my finest trips last year. It's called Storkalkinn at 1880 moh (6168 feet). The start is at something like 10 moh. We went on May 1st. The first bit is an icy colouir, good bite for the crampons. Then a bit of a flat stretch, before the second climb on slush. From the top there is excellent skiing in the slush (different line than going up). Skiing the colour back down was not that enjoyable, as it was still quite icy, and my steep skiing skillz are not quite up for that (as you can see in the vid). All in all an excellent trip though, with great weather, some really nice skiing, and a bit of adrenaline.

Warning: the video contains regular skiers only. No mad skillz on display here.

No animals were harmed in the making of this film (but one looked like he was going to have a heart attack).

Very nice! Where is this? Not familiar with the area, but I suspect Sunnmøre or Sognefjord somewhere.

That is a great video...and what the hell is that little angry critter @ 2:40.

that was nice. I enjoyed watching it. I have the same question of the previous poster: what kind of angry little animal was that??
    loved the scenery, it must be beautiful to ski above the fjords.

That, gentlemen, is a lemming (lemen in Norwegian).

That angry critter was a lemming- a friend of mine skiing nordic style skis got one of these guys stuck in his skiwax, he thought it was his binding screeching until he looked down and obesrved this little demon biting at the steel egdes. Tough bastards.

Thanks for the positive feedback.

Yes, the critter is a lemming. They pack a lot of courage and anger in a compact package. If they had better jumping skills and larger teeth we would be in a lot of trouble.

Arild: Storkalkinn is south of Sunndalsøra. Map. The trip starts at the green marker (going up the defined colouir leading south-east) and the summit is the red marker.

Quote Originally Posted by arild View Post
    Awesome. My life is complete.

hall of fame
    Life is not lift served.

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    Brilliant. Thanks for posting

Quote Originally Posted by arild View Post
    Hang on, like www.lemenparty.com?

I dare you to click it.

Pretty lame actually.
    Life is not lift served.