Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Atomic Automatic - new ski designed by Sage/Dana for 2012/13

Noticed this in an article at ESPN, not much info yet, but I'm bored so I'll post:

ESPN: Is that something you think you'll focus more on when you're old and unable to stomp 80-footers regularly?

SCA: I've been trying to work it into my long-term plan for sure. Some of the aspects I've been able to incorporate into companies I work with already. Dana (Flahr) and I have worked with Atomic for the last year and a half on a new ski that we'll be skiing on this year and will be available next fall called the Automatic. Dana and I were collaborating on the design and they picked one of my paintings for the graphic for this first version.

from: http://espn.go.com/action/freeskiing...-alosa-calling

We knew it was coming, the way they were talking... Dana and Sage kept saying that they wanted something that was kind of a cross between the Atlas and the Bents. The bents were too rockered in the tails for AK lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

Sounds like a sick ski...too bad atomic's making them. Those are two of my favorite skiers making a ski for the smooth skiing, hard chargers in there who like to throw some spins every now and then. This ski sounds more and more amazing just thinking about it.
    Magic Mountain Freeride Team...bringing your grom's game to the next level.

The only ski you'll ever need...http://worthskis.com/skis/the-magic/

"Errare Humanum Est"

Its cool to see more people getting over tail rocker, or minimizing it anyway to have support in the rear. I believe they were skiing this most of the year last year. Along the lines too of the Rossignol Soul 7, and IMO more along the lines of ON3Ps Billygoats(not like the S7 most compare it to), the 191 anyway.

I want the ones with the rockets on 'em...

cool art sage

Saw it in the flick I think. Looked more like it had more of a bullet nose and milder 5 point than s7. Will it be made I. Real sizes for us dudes who are not 5-8 and 150? Cool name anyways
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

I am now 100% sure I saw Dana with these on sitting next to him on the glacier express chair at WB. Damn it - why didn't I ask more about them!!!!

They look just as whyturn suggests

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    Saw it in the flick I think. Looked more like it had more of a bullet nose and milder 5 point than s7. Will it be made I. Real sizes for us dudes who are not 5-8 and 150? Cool name anyways
    Chompface says it will be made in tram-line real man size.
    bumps are for poor people

I wish we had dims already!!!
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

Bump, where are our Amersport spys?!!! There has got to be someone that can help us out here.

i dunno but check out the latest prospecting idaho edit from smith, i'm pretty much positive sage is riding these in the POV clips so you can get a good idea of the front end of the ski from that.

Dana Flahr skied by me with these at the top of Blackcomb yesterday. The ones on his feet had what looked to be a finished topsheet graphic, kind of a dark purply black. At a glance, they appeared to have a fair amount of tip rocker and moderate tail rocker, and more taper than the Bent Chetler. Unfortunately I didn't have a chance to really have a good look. If I had to guess, I'd say waist was in the the 110-120 range. They didn't look super fat.

This post doesn't offer much useful information but confirms that these skis exist...

@D(C): cool. That sounds like what I was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by njfreeskier View Post
    Sounds like a sick ski...too bad atomic's making them. Those are two of my favorite skiers making a ski for the smooth skiing, hard chargers in there who like to throw some spins every now and then. This ski sounds more and more amazing just thinking about it.
    Why no love for Atomic?

Quote Originally Posted by D(C) View Post
    Dana Flahr skied by me with these at the top of Blackcomb yesterday. The ones on his feet had what looked to be a finished topsheet graphic, kind of a dark purply black. At a glance, they appeared to have a fair amount of tip rocker and moderate tail rocker, and more taper than the Bent Chetler. Unfortunately I didn't have a chance to really have a good look. If I had to guess, I'd say waist was in the the 110-120 range. They didn't look super fat.

This post doesn't offer much useful information but confirms that these skis exist...
    sounds like you may have actually seen the 2013 chetler from how you describe the topsheet.

Quote Originally Posted by ectreeskier11 View Post
    sounds like you may have actually seen the 2013 chetler from how you describe the topsheet.
    Hmm, interesting. I could have sworn it said "Automatic" in cursive writing, but maybe I'm just assuming.
    Last edited by D(C); 12-12-2011 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by D(C) View Post

Was it these:

On NS they are claiming this is the 12/13 Bentchetler. Bunch of pics in this thread: http://www.newschoolers.com/ns/forum...631216/page/4/

^^^
    I think it was those. So maybe I'm wrong.

^^^^^^
    and they are not "claiming" considering one of the guys posting in that thread works for atomic over in europe and confirmed it.

DC i bet you read "atomic" or something

dims on the automatic are 140.5-129.5-117 in a 186. 19m radius.

sage posted a picture of the dimensions on his instagram feed yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by patg View Post

those numbers don't add up?

Quote Originally Posted by patg View Post

I think the 117 part might be in the middle?

Here's the pic from his instagram.

Those are definitely the skis I saw on Dana Flahr's feet. "Automatic" in cursive writing. I knew I wasn't crazy!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	automatic.jpg 
Views:	15038 
Size:	114.7 KB 
ID:	106301

...but those dimensions don't really work out, unless it's another Pontoon-like design.