Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by k-roc View Post
    i have a pair of 186s to ski on for a week

First impressions of Automatics not good, they are very soft,
    They actually rail on the groomers and remain pretty stable at mach loonie. They are surpringly good at high speeds on hard snow and hold an edge very well.

They are playful and nimble and have good amounts of pop.

The shape of this ski is bang on for an everyday ski out west

This review is fucking worthless.

xavier d, part time bad ass, full time little bitch, your comments are worthless! i am sorry that sitting behind a desk, in a little cubicle, all week, has made you this bitter!

XavierD is correct.

Second that. Kootenay Smoke has addled your brain, K. 3 posts, and one of them is a whine-fest. Fuck off, douche

Quote Originally Posted by k-roc View Post
    xavier d, part time bad ass, full time little bitch, your comments are worthless! i am sorry that sitting behind a desk, in a little cubicle, all week, has made you this bitter!

Except for he doesn't actually do that. But nice try JONG.

BTW your review sucks my hog.
    Training for Alpental

talk the talk, now walk the walk: let's hear your reviews please

k-roc you are crazy if you think the Auto's are softer than the Chet.

I skied the 193's (mounted on team line) at Targhee demo days. (Me: 6'3", 230lb). Currently ski 190 Katana's from 3 yrs back which I consider the best one ski quiver I have ever had.

I would take the Automatics over: current Katana's, new Katana's, Shiro's, Bents, Patrons, or Atlas's. The automatics killed it. Full speed skiing was stable and predictable. No chatter or deflection. trees were as slarvy as my Katanas, maybe better due to lighter weight. I could stand on the tail if needed and never felt like the tip was to soft. I could not find an upper speed limit, but could still shut them down instantly if needed.

Only got 4 runs on them, but I am done looking for new skis as the Automatics were everything I hoped for.

Just got these in at North Shore Ski and Board...
    Part spam I know, but also part PSA because these skis are the tits!
    Skied them in a 193 on the demo day... and well... they get the job done.
    What do you mean why do I have duct tape on my skis!?! It improves edge hold, increases pop, adds durability, and most importantly, boosts horsepower by like 30%... what? your skis don't have horsepower?

Hi I´m 5 7" and 190 lbs . Should I go 193 or 186?

Sillygoat, checked your web site but no Automatics. Do you guys have some for sale?

Sorry.... I am fighting with my boss about this issue... NOTHING on our website can be trusted... we are not a web based store, but this season the boss has tried to do it with very little success. Either ask me or call the shop for information about our stock and our prices too... Everything we sell is negotiable. We have two pairs of 192s and two pairs of 186s.
    What do you mean why do I have duct tape on my skis!?! It improves edge hold, increases pop, adds durability, and most importantly, boosts horsepower by like 30%... what? your skis don't have horsepower?

Supermario... if your 5'7" and mostly muscle at 190 lbs, and if you are the hard charging style of skier that comes from a race or competition background then you MIGHT prefer the 193... for 99% of people that are 5'7 and 190 pounds the 186 is the right length... if you are a ballzy style skier that likes long skis then you already know what you want.

Sillygoat really thanks. Im a boy from Slovakia and I want to buy some skis for next 3 or more seassons. I have old K2 seth vicious in 179 and I hate them because of my strong legs and their soft flex. I need something more powerful, but still playful. And I think this will by my ski of choice.

Hey Sillygoat, I seem to remember you've also had some time on the Atlas. Can you compare them to the Automatic?

They feel very similar. The Automatic just feels a little narrower, which I think is good... I always thought the Atlas shouldn't have gone a full 10mm wider underfoot for the 192 vs. the 182. Also the tail performs exactly how you would expect and feels good, solid enough for no wheelies, but tapered and twined enough to slash, slarve and ski switch (not in pow).
    They also felt very light to me, but I am used to my big dumps with PX18... which are tanks. I think from the skis I've tried this might be my new touring ski. I also really liked the ritual which is similar but 103 underfoot with less rocker and it felt a little stiffer if I remember correctly.

Totally agree. If the 192 Atlas was 115mm waist I'd be all over it, but 125mm is wider that what I really want. The Ritual sounds nice, I must have missed it at ISPO. YouTube says 130/103/119, up to 190, very mellow tip & tail rocker. Sounds a nice Euro touring/everyday option if it's kind of stiff and not too heavy.

I'm loving the early reviews of the Automatic in this thread anyway, I've already pre-ordered a pair through a friend's shop for delivery next winter.

I would agree... I think the differences would be noticeable but subtle, and I wouldn't imagine Atomic will be keeping both in their line up for long.

Quote Originally Posted by Sillygoat View Post
    I would agree... I think the differences would be noticeable but subtle, and I wouldn't imagine Atomic will be keeping both in their line up for long.
    Sorry, ended up accidentally deleting my post but for the record Sillygoat was responding to whether I though it was fair to say that the 182 Atlas and 186 Automatic will be pretty similar with only subtle differences.

Phiber or Xavier; how would you say these compare this years and next years 191 billygoat?

I would agree with Ritual, I skied a couple of days and it would be a nice every day ski in Europe.

I ordered a pair of automatics for resort powder days, and also thinking in another pair for touring (mounted with dynafits). I was convinced with charters, but after trying rituals I'm thinking about it. Someone knows the Ritual weights?? Maybe is a little heavy....

Any more reviews on the Automatic? It is starting to look like the perfect all mountain powder ski.

I gave them a flex and the tail felt pretty darn soft.... I was super stoked on them off of this thread, but hand flex feels soft. Too soft in the tail. Maybe I'll find a demo this spring...

K-roc take some notes on how to review a ski...

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    I skied the 193's (mounted on team line) at Targhee demo days. (Me: 6'3", 230lb). Currently ski 190 Katana's from 3 yrs back which I consider the best one ski quiver I have ever had.

I would take the Automatics over: current Katana's, new Katana's, Shiro's, Bents, Patrons, or Atlas's. The automatics killed it. Full speed skiing was stable and predictable. No chatter or deflection. trees were as slarvy as my Katanas, maybe better due to lighter weight. I could stand on the tail if needed and never felt like the tip was to soft. I could not find an upper speed limit, but could still shut them down instantly if needed.

Only got 4 runs on them, but I am done looking for new skis as the Automatics were everything I hoped for.
    Nice review. Thanks for the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    BTW your review sucks my hog.
    Bahahahaha!!!

SUCK IT!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

Quote Originally Posted by AlTom View Post
    I would agree with Ritual, I skied a couple of days and it would be a nice every day ski in Europe.

I ordered a pair of automatics for resort powder days, and also thinking in another pair for touring (mounted with dynafits). I was convinced with charters, but after trying rituals I'm thinking about it. Someone knows the Ritual weights?? Maybe is a little heavy....
    Get sollyfit plates and save your money.