Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Rip Curl Pro SF Thread

Thoughts? I'm leaving town. There are already pro's in the water, snapping hooks and boosting airs. I come back on the 9th, but it looks like there's a little swell for Tuesday...
    "Yo!! Brentley! Ya wanna get faded before work?"

I just got back to town but as usual my haunts are a bit farther north. Might come over on the 5th if things are still happening.
    Putting the "core" in corporate, one turn at a time.

Metalmücil 2010 - 2013 "Go Home" album is now a free download

The Bonin Petrels

Quote Originally Posted by BS720 View Post
    Thoughts? I'm leaving town. There are already pro's in the water, snapping hooks and boosting airs. I come back on the 9th, but it looks like there's a little swell for Tuesday...
    What does a little swell mean....OH?

It's been knee to waist high dribble down here for far too long. Send some surf down south please

I'll drop some off when I fly by.

Yeah, Tuesday should be overhead.

Slater at Sloat last night. Today is not too shabby.

I never realized how much my life sucked until I logged onto this website, for both surf and snow. I've decided I need to move somewhere for at least a season or so

Hawaii, Tahoe, Colorado, Santa Cruz or Mammoth come to mind

Hugh Conway Guest

^^Thread killer.

Hugh Conway Guest
    don't have any good pictures of ob, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    OB webcams looked pretty nice this AM. Not as nice as Lombok but it's a hell of a lot closer.

The Bonin Petrels

Yeah Hugh, I know. I've taken the international locations off the short list only because of our kids not being able to see family on the regular.

I could see a 6 month move to indo easily turning into a 6 year move. At least if I get into that scenario with the other locations above, then our family could still easily visit the kids.

Edit: The reason hawaii and CO are in the mix is because my wifes immediate family are in both locations. So far all I have done is think about it, with no action, the time is near.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    That is not OB? I though this was a world class venue. The whole search thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Piggity View Post
    Hawaii, Tahoe, Colorado, Santa Cruz or Mammoth come to mind
    SC allows you 50+ days in Tahoe and vicinity. If your life and car allow the 8 hours drive. Not like living there, but close. OTOH, you can surf nearly every day, and if time/car allows it, you can usually find uncrowded surf. But town is crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by hop View Post
    OB webcams looked pretty nice this AM. Not as nice as Lombok but it's a hell of a lot closer.
    Probably better than the cwc is getting. They moved up to Waddell due to tide and lack of waves. Been pretty meager out there. Next week, if wind cooperate, looks like a good window for a contest. Mornings could prove to be real fun.

I just got back to town but as usual my haunts are a bit farther north. Might come over on the 5th if things are still happening.
    You know you want some of this:

or this:

Check out the forecast.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Forecast.GIF 
Views:	261 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	102353  

Fuck that. Portugal's where you want to be tomorrow.....

Afife.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Portugal.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	102358

No pics, but that is kind of what moss was like this morning. And we had our own peak. Gotta love how things can come together this time of year. Looks like they have some nice swell for the contest. That first one is already in the water. The second one for Friday has not even brewed yet. But is sure would be nice.

SC allows you 50+ days in Tahoe and vicinity. If your life and car allow the 8 hours drive. Not like living there, but close. OTOH, you can surf nearly every day, and if time/car allows it, you can usually find uncrowded surf. But town is crowded.
    Sounds like a major upgrade on all accounts. Especially looking at that forecast above. San Diego falls into the Tertiary swell category

Even though it wasn't much more than shoulder high at best (but clean and glassy), it was still fun to surf the venue yesterday.

The Bonin Petrels

Even though it wasn't much more than shoulder high at best (but clean and glassy), it was still fun to surf the venue yesterday.
    Go ahead... Go SHRED!

The past weekend may have been the best day for conditions. If they are lucky, the off shores will push through tomorrow and Wed morning, but they will be fighting a NW gradient pushing in from the Mendo coast. After Wed, things look to get pretty crappy for OB with a combo of victory at sea and NW junk show. I guess they do have until the 12th, and next week (7th and beyond) looks more promising. As usual, swell will not be the issue, but conditions. Hope you gents get a show up there. The cwc was bunk.

On the positive side, we have a bunch of swells lined up. One in the water already. A second setting up to brew. A third modeled. And a SSW as well on the way.

Does this thread mean Sluff wont be posting the link to the official contest site?

Only if redundancy is his thing.

http://live.ripcurl.com/?search2011

(Since none of you fuckers have google)

I think last weekend was the best we've seen the beach since January. So, so fun. These onshores are going to be interesting. Every morning when I get off work, I drive south on Great Hwy and watch people huffing it over the dunes into the gray mist. Must be so refreshing for the pros, after the heat, oppressive waves and inability to blow through your life savings in Bali.

Quote Originally Posted by BS720 View Post
    I think last weekend was the best we've seen the beach since January. So, so fun.
    Glad I caught it.

The Bonin Petrels

Surfed the whole afternoon. It's like every kook from Japan to Australia turned up to try and win the Pipeline Classic.

Yeah, but I saw some pretty damn amazing surfing today, especially considering the conditions. I saw a guy pull into a closeout, get barreled, muscle through the curtain, make the section, two big hacks, a rodeo THAT HE STUCK, and surf it all the way inside as it turned to shin-high whitewater.