Norway: The video TR

So, last year we were on our way to film an episode of Salomon Freeski TV in Switzerland, only to find out on arrival that it hadn't snowed anywhere in the Alps for over three weeks. A quick search of the internet showed that it was snowing in Norway, so we booked tickets for the next day. The following 2 weeks were magical. Norway turned out to be so far above my expectations. Thanks to Asmund, Eirik, and Filip, for making it amazing. Here's an edit from that trip...
    - Mike D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeQF0...el_video_title

Sick, but I laughed my ass off at the line "nothing worthwhile comes easily" that was said seconds after showing the sick pillow field right above a paved road. I think that was probably worthwhile and pretty easy to get to. Jealous.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Great job, Mike. Glad the Salomon Free Ski TV gig is going strong.

I really enjoyed that. Thanks for posting, Mike!

Nice atmosphere, very enjoyable!

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    Fabulous. Thanks for the stoke.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    Sick, but I laughed my ass off at the line "nothing worthwhile comes easily" that was said seconds after showing the sick pillow field right above a paved road. I think that was probably worthwhile and pretty easy to get to. Jealous.
    Convenient? Yes. But easy? Not really. Too bumpy to tour, so we boot packed it. Every 3 or 4 steps we would punch through into a hole. Definitely worth it though. The day we skied those pillows was the most beautiful I had all year. It was about -25c and every direction was a beautiful postcard view. Great crew on that trip as well. Glad you guys like. I think you'll be stoked on what's coming this Tuesday as well.
    - Mike D

Yay for norway! Last season on the west coast of norway was killer!

Damnnnn, What do I gotta do to get up there this year? Any recommended ski bumming spots for a fellow bum? =)

Norge Stoke Bump... =)

Quote Originally Posted by mikedski View Post
    Glad you guys like. I think you'll be stoked on what's coming this Tuesday as well.
    - Mike D
    If you're talking about that Gopro edit that just came out, it was fanfuckingtastic. The part where they pass the gopro relay style was really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkares View Post
    Damnnnn, What do I gotta do to get up there this year? Any recommended ski bumming spots for a fellow bum? =)
    Narvik in March/April is almost always supernaturally sick. Lots of base, powder all the time (almost), and lots and lots of touring potential in the general vicinity. It´s probably warm enough to stay in a tent in the lower woods, if you really have a desire to dirtbag it.

Ooooh, nice vid!

I'll second what Arild writes, I've been three times to Narvik, and it's been great every time. The weather is a dice roll, though.

Between a rock and a soft place. Aberdare and The Brecon Beacons, Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by time2clmb View Post
    If you're talking about that Gopro edit that just came out, it was fanfuckingtastic. The part where they pass the gopro relay style was really cool.
    +1

And all the shots in the air. Magic.

Was like watching The Matrix.

My good friend is headed to Norway for the winter. He just married a cute norwegian lady he met on the internet. I am his best man for the wedding, but the wedding isn't until August. I wish it was March so I could bring my skis.
    Bonfire Films