Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    You're preaching to the choir on here. Although I will admit I buy a lot of stuff online and for cheap, but that's not what I tell most of my clients to do.

Quote Originally Posted by advres View Post
    2 weeks later she comes in and asks if I can mount the bindings and adjust the straps to fit the boots. I told her to pound sand.
    You should have mounted them pigeon-toed and swapped the instep and toe straps around. And left a little note under the binding explaining why you did what you did.
    I'm a cougar, not a MILF! I have to protect my rep! - bklyn

In any case, if you're ever really in this situation make sure you at least bargain in a couple of fluffers.
    -snowsprite

Sounds dope! You should look into carrying K2 skis and Rime
    www.rimeknits.com

Quote Originally Posted by Brianskis View Post

I'll take your suggestion under consideration. Snowboards currently comprise about 20% of our hardgoods business, it would sure be a noticeable change for our customers. What exactly constitutes a "real" snowboard? If you could carry five Brands what would they be?
    M3, Supernatural, OSin, Jeenyus & Grenade. TGR Mags LOVE Grenade. Especially Advres. Dood won't shut up about what a cool dood Danny is.

Quote Originally Posted by rossta2885 View Post
    Sounds dope! You should look into carrying K2 skis and Rime
    www.rimeknits.com
    Rime is interesting. We stopped carrying K2 skis three seasons ago. They make great skis, everytime I ski them I know why they sell so well. However, they are carried everywhere....
    And dropping K2 first gave us room for 4Frnt, followed this year by Atomic and Blizzard. Buying Season for next year will be a blank slate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinecure View Post
    You're preaching to the choir on here. Although I will admit I buy a lot of stuff online and for cheap, but that's not what I tell most of my clients to do.

You should have mounted them pigeon-toed and swapped the instep and toe straps around. And left a little note under the binding explaining why you did what you did.
    Charge her $45 with a smile on your face...

"As for the big B, we did bring them in for 3 years, but got really turned off by our experiences dealing with them. Selling direct on-line to consumers for discounted prices before christmas doesn't make for good relationships with specialty stores. The stuff sold ok, but by no means was it flying off the shelves. Barring major changes we will not carry them again."

so how are you going to handle Atomic and Salomon going direct inthe near future?
    what's orange and looks good on hippies?
    fire

rails are for trains
    If I had a dollar for every time capitalism was blamed for problems caused by the government I'd be a rich fat film maker in a baseball hat.

www.theguideshut.ca

Good luck and congrats.

Good luck, dude! Fix the site up and start posting up some deals!!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Nice - good buy.
    "...if you're not doing a double flip cork something, skiing spines in Haines, or doing double flip cork somethings off spines in Haines, you're pretty much just gaping."

Quote Originally Posted by waxman View Post
    "As for the big B, we did bring them in for 3 years, but got really turned off by our experiences dealing with them. Selling direct on-line to consumers for discounted prices before christmas doesn't make for good relationships with specialty stores. The stuff sold ok, but by no means was it flying off the shelves. Barring major changes we will not carry them again."

so how are you going to handle Atomic and Salomon going direct inthe near future?
    We'll see what happens... They say it will only been done in Europe, although that obviosuly means it will head this way if they don't get too much blowback. I'd like to see them join Shopatron. Either way, I won't worry too much untill they are discounting it before our payables are even due on pre-season orders.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    Good luck, dude! Fix the site up and start posting up some deals!!
    Our website is definitely in need of some major love. Currently working on finding a new web developer, we've recieved a few bids but were not jumping on anything yet... Most of our on-line presence this year will be through social media and e-mail constant contact campaigns. Website will be updated within the next week or two, however I don't aticipate any major changes untill the Spring.

Hey Brian,

I'm going to be interviewing for one of UW's medical program out in spokane next month. Would love to check out and support the shop and meet some locals since Spokane is potentialy the next place I'll live. Unless I missed it, if you could post some details about the shop's location. Thanks and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by kevino View Post
    Hey Brian,

I'm going to be interviewing for one of UW's medical program out in spokane next month. Would love to check out and support the shop and meet some locals since Spokane is potentialy the next place I'll live. Unless I missed it, if you could post some details about the shop's location. Thanks and good luck.
    We are about 10 minutes southeast of Downtown Spokane on the "South Hill". We are on the corner of 30th and Regal. Easiest way to get there if you dont know Spokane that well is take the Freya/Thor exit off of I-90 and head south up Thor to 29th. Right on 29th, left on Regal and your there. We are directly South of the Zips fast food joint. There is also the first Trader Joe's within 250 miles which is just opening this weekend, 1 block away.

Charge her $45 with a smile on your face...
    For sure, I would have an 3 kind of games going on with mounts. I would have an in-house hard good mount $ for low margin products (think $20), then I would bundle that cost in to certain setups, and finally due to liability reasons I would charge more for non-store bought hard goods price.

Have you guys thought about just getting ridiculous? And by ridiculous I mean www.skis.com

Believe it or not they are a Michigan based company in the burbs of Detroit. They just expanded to an online store and built it up, because of this the Michigan B&M store is just chock full of awesome (awesome prices too) so the locals go there because that IS the online store. Then people obviously buy online so they make more revs there.

To not try and be as competitive and big as you can on the internet always seems like a mistake now. Not only sales even, but marketing as well.

Once you get the website running let us know...
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinalTap View Post
    I'm really troubled by whatever pictures the Don had to search through to arrive at that one...

doughboyshredder Guest
    I'll take your suggestion under consideration. Snowboards currently comprise about 20% of our hardgoods business, it would sure be a noticeable change for our customers. What exactly constitutes a "real" snowboard? If you could carry five Brands what would they be?
    Lib, Gnu, Jones, Capita, and Never Summer.

And, like Advres said, maybe Rome.

Fuck K2 (and their bitch child Ride). Salomon and Rossi also need to be tossed.

Good luck.

Congrats Brian! I think, maybe, I met you this weekend at the swap. That's cool that its a local store owned by an enthusiast. I wish you guys the best and I'll stop by from time to time to see what's shakin!

Our website is definitely in need of some major love. Currently working on finding a new web developer, we've recieved a few bids but were not jumping on anything yet... Most of our on-line presence this year will be through social media and e-mail constant contact campaigns. Website will be updated within the next week or two, however I don't aticipate any major changes untill the Spring.
    (Your domain name expired. Some random company owns it now.)

Been going to Alpine Haus for a few years now for tunes, boots and skis. Weird vibe in the store these days.
    Last edited by spknmike; 12-30-2011 at 07:47 PM.

Congrats and good luck! Get after it!
    Gravity. It's the law.

Best of luck Brian!

You've chimed in and provided insight on a few equipment related questions i've had in the past. I appreciate that, and will definitely visit your shop if I ever find myself in the area.