PNW - East Side Riders - Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance - Call to action

There is an Issaquah Parks board meeting tonight, with a strong opposition group trying to reduce/restrict MTB trails in Issaquah (Grand Ridge, Tiger, etc).
    If you can show up to support the MTB point of view, please do.
    If you can't make it, please send an email in support.
    Please check the links out below:

Evergreen Mountain Bike Alliance site:
    http://bit.ly/ubbzAE

And the FB post with comments:
    http://on.fb.me/sdHk7H

Thanks for reading, carry on.

PS> I should have added "Seattle" into the post subject line.
    My apologies to anyone from the PNW, not from Seattle.

How did this go ?

It wasn't so much a ruling as it was an open opportunity to speak out for the sake of more trails out of "The Qua."

Some old blood from the Alps Club was there but their few quips were overwhelmingly shadowed by the bike community. And as much as us big kids can talk it up a 9 year old boy brought it home. "It seems like there are lots and lots of trails to hike on but not many that I can ride my bike on... It would be really nice if we could all share." High five lil dude!

The parks board now reviews the bike plan. Hopefully it will go well. It was actually a really nice meeting, people openly speaking about trails and an overall feeling that we all want to enjoy them. Fingers crossed that it works out. Anyone who has ridden Duthie knows that the demand is clearly there. Those trails are seeing a TON of traffic.

Can't we all just get along? Glad to hear the people against the trails were outweighed by people for them. If anything like the 9 year old kid said, we need more trails to ride on so the existing trails do not get overcrowded and blown out as fast.

The biker/hiker argument is simple, share and get along nicely. Too many on both sides get butthurt about it and it spins into a huge ordeal when it really is not.