Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any non-demo binding that will cover 20mm of BSL difference?

Any alpine bindings out there that will span 20mm of BSL difference?

Me: 316BSL. Mrs. C.: 295BSL.

I tried a test mount for Salomon at 305BSL on a scrap ski, and no go. A small Marker Duke would work, but it's more DIN than Mrs. C. needs, and more weight than I want to put on this particular ski. Also, I don't need or want a touring binding on this ski.

Tyrolia Railflex might be the answer, but I don't have any of those laying around. Are there any other non-demo track alpine bindings that would work?

I do have a demo track Salomon S900 that I could use...
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Look PX *might* work.
    "High risers are for people with fused ankles, jongs and dudes who are too fat to see their dick or touch their toes.
    Prove me wrong."
    -I've seen black diamonds!

throughpolarizedeyes.com

the old look "pivot" and rossi "axial" turntables (i.e. not a p18), but p14 from circa 2002-4 ish had +/- 14mm or so.

a salomon s914/s912 is also +/- 10mm as well, surprised that didn't work.

anyhow, the BEST option is a griffon/jester demo track (same binding basically as a schizo). they are not meaningfully higher, heavier or less stiff.

those just mount @ 315mm and adjust from 260-350 without issue.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post
    the old look "pivot" and rossi "axial" turntables (i.e. not a p18), but p14 from circa 2002-4 ish had +/- 14mm or so.
    I have a bunch of the Pivot/Axial bindings. I'll try a test mount at around 305 BSL and see if it works. Thanks!

The Salomon binding I tried was a 977 Equipe. I didn't think the +/- range on Salomon varied much between the different generations; I'll also look at the other ones -- I've got 997 (tab and worm screw versions) and 900s that I could try out also.
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

see my edit above, re: griffon/jester demos.
    go for rob

www.dpsskis.com

Marker Giffon demo. Yes you said non demo, but I am pretty sure they have the same stack height as a regular Griffon. The toe is on a heel style track.

Quote Originally Posted by marshalolson View Post
    see my edit above, re: griffon/jester demos.
    That would be a really nice option. I'll see if I can locate one for the right price.

salomon, years ago, had a mounting plate for its bindings. the holes for the plate to ski had about 30mm of range thru 3 sets of holes. then the binding will screw into that. its not a fast system, but you get a non-demo binding, and one set of holes in the ski.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    That would be a really nice option. I'll see if I can locate one for the right price.
    El Chup, I might be selling some Griffon Demos that are in good condition with 110mm brakes. Whats the going rate for Griffon Demos around these parts?

Quote Originally Posted by mntlion View Post
    salomon, years ago, had a mounting plate for its bindings. the holes for the plate to ski had about 30mm of range thru 3 sets of holes. then the binding will screw into that. its not a fast system, but you get a non-demo binding, and one set of holes in the ski.
    I actually have some of those plates (yellow, plastic), but they look like a pain to install. My jig doesn't have holes for the plates, so it'd be a freehand mount.

I'll pull those out and take another look... might be worth the hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps View Post
    El Chup, I might be selling some Griffon Demos that are in good condition with 110mm brakes. Whats the going rate for Griffon Demos around these parts?
    I don't know what they're worth. Any interest in trading for regular non-demo bindings? I have lots.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    I don't know what they're worth. Any interest in trading for regular non-demo bindings? I have lots.
    Hmm the only bindings I could use would be STH 14 (drivers) - any of those lying around? If not I think $150 shipped would be what I could do the Griffon Demos for.

pivot axial2's have +/- 13mm of adjustment, nice bindings.
    I think even dynafit verticals have the same adjustment range, but you'd have to check that both boots fit because dynafit doesn't mount exactly with BSL in some cases.

A tab adjust Salomon 897 has about 24 mm total range, I measured one.

There are the original Grifster demo heel tracks which will give you the travel that you want. They look just like the regular heel tracks but the metal worm is 2.5x longer. It still uses the fixed toe, and the same hole patterns. I have a set and would be willing to trade for an older binding that I need for my wall collection.
    Click. Point. Chute.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexon Phil View Post
    There are the original Grifster demo heel tracks which will give you the travel that you want. They look just like the regular heel tracks but the metal worm is 2.5x longer. It still uses the fixed toe, and the same hole patterns. I have a set and would be willing to trade for an older binding that I need for my wall collection.

Phil, if El Chup passes on the offer I might have something to trade....
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    We can tell you think you're awesome- it's pretty obvious. I love it when you try to convince us all too, It's like a tripped out Willy Wonka boat trip across the galaxy of fail you call an existence and it is indeed awesome to watch. I mean, your fail is so dense it has become a "black hole of fail" that has a gravitational pull strong enough to attract the fail of others, hence the "dating sucks" thread scenario.

Tyrolia Railflex?
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps View Post
    Hmm the only bindings I could use would be STH 14 (drivers) - any of those lying around? If not I think $150 shipped would be what I could do the Griffon Demos for.
    Thanks - I don't have any STH bindings, but do have 14-DIN Salomons (S900 and/or 997 -- don't remember offhand), and Look/Rossi Pivot/Axial bindings, if any of those would be of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Flexon Phil View Post
    I'll send you a PM on this to see what you might need for the collection. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by wooley12 View Post
    Tyrolia Railflex?
    Can anybody tell me how these work in real life , level nine sells them along with extra rails so one binding could do several skis but i am assuming they are not going to hold up to hard use?

http://www.levelninesports.com/Adjustable-Ski-Bindings

According to this
    http://www.trails.com/look_px-12-xxl...i-bindings.htm
    PX 12 has 20 mm.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Can anybody tell me how these work in real life , level nine sells them along with extra rails so one binding could do several skis but i am assuming they are not going to hold up to hard use?

http://www.levelninesports.com/Adjustable-Ski-Bindings
    They work fine for me but I ski like your grandmother. I like them cause they were free and the rails are cheap and easy to mount. The guy I got them from was a hard charger and he had no complaints. Stack pretty high though.
    A few people feel the rain. Most people just get wet.

Just get Griffon demos.

I heard of someone who modified their Griffon Schizos to make them BSL adjustable instead of fore-aft.
    "Just send it you pussy."

Schizos ARE BSL-adjustable: the cable that connects the toe and heel has a slider built-in that lets you change its length and therefore the BSL.