Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011/12 BC Interior stoke thread

Yeah, doesn't look like the snowlevel is forecast to jump up at all either. Sled it is. It looked like it was sticking at 3 valley gap a while ago on the drivebc web cams.

Snow showing all the way down to the bottom of the stoke on the web cams right now.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Damn. Layoffs can't come soon enough.

iz snowing at my houze

Flakes are one the ground and itching to get some turns in! Never been up there, but is there a likelihood of getting any in at Kokanee Glacier, beta anyone? No ropes/crevasse skills so not something I'm keen to fuck around with if there is uncertainty.
    Life is simple. Go Explore.

Rumor has it the gorge is getting plowed again this season? Any confirmation?

I will call the forestry office today. He chuckled last time and asked if I was tele skier or something.

Called the forestry office, they directed me to Louisiana Pacific in Malakwa, they are planning on stopping their hauling on December 1st. He did say "probably". Still a good chance of getting wicked turns up there in November, 2 years ago we went Nov 11th and there was 180cm in the bottom of the toilet bowl.

it's puking out here and it's sticking. I think it's a false stick, it's pretty warm, but it's happening.

eta- this really early darkness is a bit much though.

eata- definitely sticking.
    Last edited by sparkletarte.; 10-28-2011 at 09:54 PM.

Soon she shall be ready.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wu Tang 027.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	254.8 KB 
ID:	102366Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wu Tang 026 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	332.2 KB 
ID:	102367Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wu Tang 033 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	324.1 KB 
ID:	102368

Anyone get out today? McCrae is done without a sled, any ideas?

thanks for the pics. looking good up there.

There was a subaru forester that made it to the trailhead at mcrae. There were a few other vehicles that made it pretty close as well. But with this new snow I think it will be sled only pretty quick. Excellent coverage up there!

Was up Asulkan on Friday. A fairly solid base above the mousetrap with amazing snow on top of that. The wind had, and was, moving the snow around a lot so hard to mesure the base. I'd guess there was at least 60cm or more in the tree triangle. Just skied the triangle due to gear issues in the group, but many face shots mede it worth while...

Heading up the Asulkin with some buddies Saturday...Praying for snow! Will take some photos!

Liking the look the of these charts/forecast models

http://cliffmass.blogspot.com/2011/1...tain-snow.html

Went up to the Balu area yesterday, solo. Had to break trail for you fucking slackers the whole way. Can't say I did a good job of it.

Skied Cheops North 7 and Cheops North 9, though I don't think 9 officially has a number. HS 50cm at the bottom of the valley, pushing 100-150cm in the vicinity of the girlfriend slopes. Still lots of rocks to hit if you put your mind to it, I only bounced off one though. Looking very good for November 1st...

Apologies for how the pictures look, needed to tweak them to get tracks and crowns to pop.

Slide on Ursus Minor

8812 Bowl

North 9

North 7
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC2613.jpg 
Views:	862 
Size:	451.1 KB 
ID:	102560   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC2609.jpg 
Views:	816 
Size:	399.8 KB 
ID:	102561   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC2611.jpg 
Views:	811 
Size:	370.1 KB 
ID:	102562   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC2612.jpg 
Views:	821 
Size:	464.1 KB 
ID:	102563  
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrr
    There are good men out there. Good men who are good looking, who ski hard, have their shit in order, know their priorities in life and will make you happy. I'm not one of them, but they are out there.

Nice work rob. Looking at the forecast I was thinking of maybe going for a walk up at the gorge on sat. I think they would have gotten dumped on during Sundays snow. I really need as many early season days as possible, my shoulder did not like having a heavy pack on it for 3 hrs at mcrae last weekend. legs need work as well.

I too, was thinking of checking out the Gorge. Based on looking out the window, it might be pretty good.
    There are good men out there. Good men who are good looking, who ski hard, have their shit in order, know their priorities in life and will make you happy. I'm not one of them, but they are out there.

Nice work Wii, good beta!

was just reading the snowandmud forums and those boys are saying 3-4 ft at the cabin on Boulder, they are sledding up there already.

Drove to the Gorge today. Needs more snow, to the tune of 50cm to make it skiable. Also, it's busy. Bring a radio, or wait for somebody headed up that has one.

Not me, but gives you an idea of what's going on up at the Pass...

http://goldenskimo.wordpress.com/

Nothing new since the last storm almost 2wks ago here. Lots of wind deposition, and the crystals are forming too. Nice meadow skipping in the Trophies today. -11C in the valley at 8am, -2C at 2000m at 10am, very nice day.

Spent the past 3 days in the Pass. Set the skin track up Video Peak on Friday, then hit Bruins, did some beacon practice Saturday and went for a lap in Balu today. Surface hoar in the 10-15mm range is covering everything, everywhere. Still thin in a lot of places, but good turns to be had.

Really nothing noteworthy, other than my DPS 112s are fun as hell, but kinda heavy compared to my sissy sticks. Oh, pictures...

Video:

Video:

Bruins Ridge:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC2620.jpg 
Views:	889 
Size:	337.6 KB 
ID:	102864   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC2625.jpg 
Views:	882 
Size:	399.9 KB 
ID:	102865   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC2649.jpg 
Views:	885 
Size:	529.7 KB 
ID:	102866  

Skied the Tree triangle yesterday. Decent coverage for Nov. 5. Stoked to get my first turns in and even got my first face shot. As noted, surface hoar pretty much everywhere that was open. I will post some pics up later tonight.