Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Rogers was good this weekend, especially on saturday

Check out my Youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/dinlaroche007

Quote Originally Posted by sparkletarte. View Post
    stop stealing our snow! arg! thank goodness the jet stream is dropping south, it's been riding the border and we've been getting burned. we are not! missing out again.

no hard feelings, glad someone's getting it.
    WW skied really well yesterday. Nobody was out early and we actually got more first tracks than at Revy on the big day?
    The powder hwy really paid off for us last week.

Winter has reapeared in the northern reaches, hopefully it brings more than fridged temps. Saturday we explored the middle Milk River (Northern Caribous) and found a crust that you could walk on up to 1500m with 10-15cms on top, coupled with the tight trees and thick cutblocks the skiing lower down was "technical" but with another meter it should really shape up. Up High was a different story fast and supportive well spaced trees and lots of features made for fun skiing, the lack of viz and sideways snow at treeling hampered the exploration but more trips are planned. Until then I will enjoy the -25 bluebird days with a biting north wind and general lacking of fresh snow.
    I don't work and I don't save, desperate women pay my way.

3 ft of fresh blower overnight in the western monashees, never have been in that deep of unsettled snow. sledding was almost more fun then the skiing.
    www.skevikskis.com Check em out!

Skiing in the Pass has been amazing lately. Went up on Friday and did an 8812 Bowl run, then summited 8812 Peak and skied the south face then went up and hit Cheops North #5 for our last run.

Top of 8812 Bowl:

Top of 8812 Peak:

South face:

Went and hit McGill yesterday after a couple big dumps. Had some fun. Midgets get more faceshots:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC2810.jpg 
Views:	660 
Size:	258.1 KB 
ID:	107937   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC2823.jpg 
Views:	659 
Size:	292.8 KB 
ID:	107938   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC2843.jpg 
Views:	663 
Size:	238.6 KB 
ID:	107939   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC2877.jpg 
Views:	633 
Size:	327.7 KB 
ID:	107940   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_DSC2882.jpg 
Views:	642 
Size:	281.1 KB 
ID:	107941  

Quote Originally Posted by grrrr
    There are good men out there. Good men who are good looking, who ski hard, have their shit in order, know their priorities in life and will make you happy. I'm not one of them, but they are out there.

Saturday was the best snow I've skied.. I was sad I didn't bring my density kit with me to find the number, but I'd put money on the top 40 cm being less than 30 kg/m3. After cutting a CT, the HST just fell apart on its own. Was too good to stop and take pics. And it is still snowing now.. may do an afternoon grizzly

Could use a bit of fluff down in the Rossland Range. Two laps off of Mt. Crowe this morning, east bowl & south face. East bowl was fairly sheltered from the scouring, though coverage was still minimal. South face held soft turns in sheltered areas, doesn't look as though it's the middle of January however.

Any mags in the cat up on Neptune today? Think we were keeping pace.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2083.jpg 
Views:	517 
Size:	921.1 KB 
ID:	107959   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2084.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	1,017.1 KB 
ID:	107958  
    Life is simple. Go Explore.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiilbert View Post
    Skiing in the Pass has been amazing lately. Went up on Friday and did an 8812 Bowl run, then summited 8812 Peak and skied the south face then went up and hit Cheops North #5 for our last run.

Top of 8812 Bowl:

Top of 8812 Peak:

South face:
    Looks like buddy is about to drop that cliff?

That is a fantastic line up of runs you had that day.

So rare to get that S face of 8812. Good work on patience getting it

damn fine. 7-8000 vert for the day, i'm guessing

Fernie skied great the last 3 days. Finally had to say uncle with -4 Deg F and small children. Old thaw/freeze layer still barely evident after 61 cm blower but leeward areas were very deep. Constant snowfall made worthwhile pics difficult.
    "We need sometimes to escape into open solitudes, into aimlessness, into the moral holiday of running some pure hazard, in order to sharpen the edge of life, to taste hardship, and to be compelled to work desperately for a moment at no matter what. -George Santayana, The Philosophy of Travel

...it would probably bother me more if I wasn't quite so heavily sedated. -David St. Hubbins, This Is Spinal Tap

finally! 14c and snowing. thanks for sharing. looking forward to snowboarding, I've only had it out twice this year due to lack of snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    WW skied really well yesterday. Nobody was out early and we actually got more first tracks than at Revy on the big day?
    The powder hwy really paid off for us last week.
    yeah, we're good at hiding the snow. nice timing for you.

I was at red all weekend and on sunday I managed to get fresh turns even though it only snowed 1c overnight. there was so much wind when it fell it was the deepest 1c ever. I'm serious.

Revelstoke 1/14/12.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00483 (2).JPG 
Views:	48 
Size:	323.9 KB 
ID:	108003

Name:	DSC00484 (2).JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	376.4 KB 
ID:	108004

Name:	DSC00486 (2).JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	318.2 KB 
ID:	108006

Looks like Revelstoke got skipped over by last nights storm. We didn't get anything but a few cms and a ton of wind.

Have fun today south/east kootenay maggots, looks like you win this time...

And last weekend. I can't believe that we got 3 ft just south and west of begbie and revy got what, 17cm's?

Anyone have an update on Red? I keep checking but the ghetto web page never works for me. Same thing for the canadian open page.

^^^Those pics capture Revy perfectly from Saturday . With my friend's newly bought BD Amps to christen and my trip to the Interior, of course there was prodigious amounts of pow to be slayed. Such an awesome day finished off with apres at the Village Idiot.

30 cm overnight on Friday worked for me. Sure, its not three feet but it worked for me.

finally! 14c and snowing.
    Goddamn.... was going to head up to Evening Ridge today, but the flu or something caught up to my buddy. Oh well, heading up to Kootenay Pass tomorrow.
    Last edited by That was Pontus; 01-17-2012 at 09:51 PM.
    Life is simple. Go Explore.

today would have been a good hill day, evening ridge, probably not so much. low-medium vis, blowing snow, quite windy at times, high avy. we got another 14c between 5am-11am. I left at 12:30 and it's still coming down. sweet snow too, really light in the morning, density started to come up as the day went so you stopped hitting the bottom. serious face shots.

more coming- the ww avy report says we may be getting a serious hit thurs-fri night (15-25c fri night alone!). boards are crossed.

we're back baby!

eta- hef, red got 7c overnight, I'm sure it's still going there. this system seems pretty nicely tucked in here.

eta- hef, red got 7c overnight, I'm sure it's still going there. this system seems pretty nicely tucked in here.
    yeah - 7cm overnight, still going with about 5 new right now through the day. We might miss some of the precip on Wednesday, but we're supposed to get blasted Thursday/Friday and the models have storms coming over us through next week.

[antijinx]

Quote Originally Posted by el hefe View Post
    Anyone have an update on Red? I keep checking but the ghetto web page never works for me. Same thing for the canadian open page.
    I sent you a PM, wondering why our site doesn't work for you.

check your pm's. working ok now but about 1/2 the time it doesn't. Either times out or just shows up looking like a mid 90's site with none of the links working.

Nice site when it is up!

Total on this round 16cm + lots of wind = some nice knee deep powder skiing here and there... Finally! Still heads up for buried crap at the lowest elevations.

Sparkletarte - you gonna be at WW tomorrow? We might head that way if you beat us on the overnight...

16, nice!
    there's stars out, so not expecting too much, but it will be really good anyways. I'll send you my ph # if you want to hook up (I'll probably be up 6-ish, so it won't be too early to call). not sure if I'll be on skis or board. orange jacket.

Today, just outside Revy. High wind in the alpine with some scary wind loading but in the trees it was incredible!