Meniscus Tear Surgery Scheduled

I'm currently a part time gimp, but hopefully that's going to change soon, my story below...

I had a ski accident (1/15/10) where I came down really hard in a squat position off a jump, left knee has some acute pain for a the next week or so (esp squating or stairs), took about three weeks off.

I had never been a runner before this, more like a jogger and I was working out regularly, lots of raquettball.

Well after my time off after the ski accident, I went forward and trained for my first HM, completed it (5/15/10), liked and and I decided I'd run a marathon. Along with the training I completed three other halfs, a 10 miler, 30k, a few 10ks, a few 5ks, etc etc. So I successfully completed the marathon (11/11/10), but I really stretched myself, longest distance ever, fairly agressive pace (for a newbie) and I ended up agrivating the original ski injury.

For forward to today, I haven't completed another running event since last year, I've seen a doc lately because I'm sick of not running! (got replaced by drinking , thats prolly not good). Got MRI, showed I was good, did a Biodex test, showed my left leg generated much less force than my right leg, confirmed it wasn't the ACL (thank god).

I am now scheduled for surgery next Friday, so I guess we'll be going through this together.

Any other thoughts would be helpful, I'm hoping to be skiing in December .. funny thing, even while I couldn't run in 2011, skiing was not a problem, less impact I guess?

So, in my case, during the Arthroscopy they found nothing wrong with the meniscus, but a partial tear of the ACL, though I experience little or no instability and the KT-1000 test showed less than 2 mm difference between my knees. The biodex test definetely showed a difference between the legs though.

Time for PT and hoping for the best, not excited about potentially needing an ACL surgery.

I fugged up me meniscus really well, on the same time I toar my ACL.

To keep it short, if it is just part of the "horns" on the meniscus, it's a simple OP and pretty much no restrains after a few weeks. I managed to pretty much tear my meniscus in half, right smack in the middle, and fixing such things has been a tad iffy. The doc pretty much gave a 50/50 on the meniscus fixation working. It was no workout on that leg for 3 months... So a lot worse than with simply ACL graft. But it did work out for me, hoping it ain't that bad for ya.
    Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier
    You should post naked pictures of this godless heathen.

I wish I would have had access to stem cells when I tore and retore mine.

SPLAT, are you all healed now?
    ROLL TIDE ROLL