Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Angry Maybe I Need Some New Friends, but...

Do you ever observe some of your friends' marriages and wonder how they put up with it? Completely controlled to the point that I wouldn't be surprised if they had to ask permission to use the bathroom.

"Sorry, I can't watch the big game this weekend like we'd planned. No, we're not doing anything, there's just a few things around the house I have to take care of that I didn't do this week because work was crazy."

I know it's cliche, but god damn. And I'm saying this as someone who is married with two kids, so not exactly dirtbagging my way around the country free of responsibility, but c'mon already. Grow a pair. How do they end up like this?

EDIT: the whole "watch the game" thing was just a lame example of an ongoing series of incidents, many of them having nothing to do with me whatsoever.
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 10-13-2011 at 05:04 PM.

Maybe they've taken their fare share of time at other parts of the week and you are just the first commitment on the chopping block to bring things back to equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
    Maybe they've taken their fare share of time at other parts of the week and you are just the first commitment on the chopping block to bring things back to equal.
    Sure, but the devil is in who decides what equal is.

Or they might actually have some constructive shit to do that needs doing.

This isn't college anymore. Grow the fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
    Nope. He worked his ass off all week and really wanted to watch the game regardless of me being there or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    Or they might actually have some constructive shit to do that needs doing.
    This isn't college anymore. Grow the fuck up.
    I thought about what you said and came to the conclusion that you should go fuck yourself. I'm plenty grown up, asshole. Obviously this isn't a one-time incident, more so an ongoing trend of him being completely dominated.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    "Sorry, I can't watch the big game this weekend like we'd planned. No, we're not doing anything, there's just a few things around the house I have to take care of that I didn't do this week because work was crazy."
    This part of your post made it seem like it was a one-time deal, not an ongoing problem.

...and I'd rather go fuck someone besides myself, if you please. I'm kinda smelly right now.

TahoeJ = billy no mates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Haven't heard that used since I was in the UK...

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    TahoeJ = billy no mates.

Nope. He worked his ass off all week and really wanted to watch the game regardless of me being there or not.

I thought about what you said and came to the conclusion that you should go fuck yourself. I'm plenty grown up, asshole. Obviously this isn't a one-time incident, more so an ongoing trend of him being completely dominated.
    Maybe you're just a dick and he would rather stay home and fuck his wife. I was going to write that as a smart assed remark, but the second sentence of yours makes me wonder if my first sentence is in reality true. You sound real grown up

Maybe, just maybe, the shit he needs to get done is of more significance then watching "the game" with a smelly brobrah.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot

I used to blame it on the wives. I think it has more to do with the guys involved though. Maybe they really don't want to do anything anymore, or maybe they like her telling them what they can do. Either way, I don't bother too long with guys that always bail. The invites stop, and I hang with other people. Sure does get tougher and tougher to meet solid new friends, the longer you are out of school.

Haven't heard that used since I was in the UK...
    Why, didn't have any friends there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

"Sorry, I can't watch the big game this weekend like we'd planned.".
    If you're talking about last Sunday's Niner game, bummer for him, that was too much fun!
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Ha! No, just never heard it used anywhere else.

For his sake I do hope that's the case. Funny how everyone quickly calls me out, when in reality it wasn't even my party (to watch the game) that I used as a generic example. I think you may be on to something with the bit about him liking being told what he can do... that would make a lot more sense. Otherwise why would anyone put up with that for long, right?

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    I used to blame it on the wives. I think it has more to do with the guys involved though. Maybe they really don't want to do anything anymore, or maybe they like her telling them what they can do.

Wow, we got some defensive guys in here.
    that's all i can think of, but i'm sure there's something else...

hahahaaa
    i wish i never chose that user_name

Whitedot Freeride

Get told what to do by wife and get my cock sucked > Watch a Week 4 game with my buddy while my wife spends my money then goes to bed early

Sorry, brah . . . You're nachos aren't that good and you always bring over shitty beer.
    The best things in life aren't things.

Quote Originally Posted by MotherFucker View Post
    Get told what to do by wife and get my cock sucked > Watch a Week 4 game with my buddy while my wife spends my money then goes to bed early

Sorry, brah . . . You're nachos aren't that good and you always bring over shitty beer.
    Winnar!!!

maybe he's just not that into you anymore, the wife is just a reliable goto excuse.
    You need to start a new bromance, test the waters, go on a few man-dates.

Since when do guys get butthurt their friends cant hang out with them and post about it on the internet?

I bet your buddies wife has bigger balls than you do for getting your panties in a bunch.

They guys who said this isnt college got it right. Adulthood is not dropping everything for a day to get hammered with the fellas. Thats college behavior. Some guys work a shitton during the week and actually enjoy spending time with their wives.

Clearly he didnt go gay and marry you, so deal with being second fiddle. But I have a feeling hes probably sick of your drama and moved on himself.
    Live Free or Die

Do you ever observe some of your friends' marriages and wonder how they put up with it? Completely controlled to the point that I wouldn't be surprised if they had to ask permission to use the bathroom.
    power struggle eh but half of all marriages end so what do you want, a cookie or maybe you wana pony?

yeah, I use to blame things that I didn't want to do, but didn't know how to get out of without making someone feel bad on my ex.. funny, though, because usually it was stuff my mom wanted me to do, like go shopping for shoes.

It is super easy... ummm, well, I have to ask.. well he said.... sorry maybe next time.

WAY easier than saying nope, I don't want to spend my day off shopping for shoes.

and I learned that trick from him, sooo... yeah, don't be judging your buddies wifey...

I used to get pissed off when my friends flaked on shit. I had to realize that my idea of fun wasnt necessarily their idea of fun. They might have agreed but I might not have taken no for an answer and soemtimes saying "no, I just dont want to" is tough.

If you have a snowmobile and like to ski, Ill be your friend.

I had a friend like this - wasn't even married... Dude never really hit it off with the women and spent all his time looking for a chick to date. Found one... she cheated on him non-stop and constantly gave him shit about whatever. After a couple of months, he was never around because he had something to do with the woman... I called him out - he didn't listen. So that was that. Last I heard he married this girl and had a couple of daughters. I'm fucking glad I'm not that guy.

My wife lets me go have beers or go skiing or go for bike rides pretty much whenever i want. a lot of the time I take her up on the offers. A lot of the time though, I'd rather hang with her. she's hot, she's funny, she likes to fuck and she cooks awesome thai food.
    this weekend, she's going to moab with ladies while I hang with the kids. next week, it's back to riding 4 days/week.

The only time I use the "my wife won't let me" excuse is when I don't have an actually excuse but don't really want to go hang out with the dude anyway.