WTB: AT Bindings

Looking to buy AT Bindings, Marker Dukes and/or Black Diamond Fritschi Freeride Pro Plus. Also open to any other suggestions. Preferably bindings would be lightly used and/or new.

There's a bunch of people trying to unload Dukes all the time. What size bsl?

Need large Dukes/ Fritschi's, brakes aren't really an issue I could always swap them out.

BSL is 27.5 and/or 315 mm .....any suggestions Bheals8?

I'm not sure about Fritschi's, my buddy has them and loves them. He's got the Freeride Pros and apparently they are stiffer then the regular freerides. I ride Dukes on a pair of 177 Mantras and they are bomber. I've broken the anti-frictions devices but Marker just sent me two replacements free of charge. I have a 310 BSL and so I ride with the small Dukes 275-320 I think, a little less weight on the back of the binding when touring although the Dukes are heavy no matter what way you slice it.

I'd say get the Dukes over the Barons just because I've heard the barons have a little more plastic in them so aren't as reliable. Also you're right on the edge of sizes so not really sure what to recommend (small or large).

Also depends on what you're looking at getting them for. I just got into some AT last year and haven't toured more then half a day so the Dukes are perfect for that. (85-90% resort and slackcountry and the rest touring). If you're doing a ton of touring you might want to look at getting on Dynafits for a lighter setup and less work up the hill.

As far as downhill performance the Dukes are great and some people whine about the stack height of the binding but I actually like how they ride downhill.

I currently just purchased 170 BD Verdicts. I am looking to purchase skins and bindings. I am not going to be doing a ton of touring but want the option to have the back country days once in awhile. I see you're from Westchester. So you are an east coast skier like myself (originally from the CT/NY boarder by Danbury). I think the dukes would be a pretty bomber binding for out here.

Yup, still living in Westchester and am an east coast guy. Typically ride Jay, MRG, Sugarbush and the Dukes hold up great. I picked up the Sugarbush 20s season pass this year, still a few years before I turn the corner, so I'll be up there more often.

The Bush is my local watering hole, have a family member's house in mad river valley.

oh boy, a little slide brook with some apres at the Hideaway?

I've got a pair of L barons bnib I'm trying to get rid of. pm me if you're interested

If touring is 2ndary and these are mostly a front country ski, I'd go for Dukes or Barons. Fritschi's tour great, but they are *not* stiff bindings (laterally) and I doubt they are durable enough for any serious, continuous inbounds action. I have some but always swap out to my PX-14 binders for inbounds (my skis have swap plates).

Quote Originally Posted by Jbuzz229 View Post
    BSL is 27.5 and/or 315 mm .....any suggestions Bheals8?
    Go for Small Duke or Small Baron.

Quote Originally Posted by skimaxpower View Post
    Go for Small Duke or Small Baron.
    What would be some of the cons if I was to go with the large?

At a BSL of 315 you'd have the heel piece all the way forward. There would be a little extra plate being carried around, and I think a tiny bit of added weight, every time you would be touring. I saw that the smalls go to a 325 bsl so even if you got new boots with a slightly larger bsl they would work.

another option is to use trekkers with your standard dh bindings. way cheaper than dukes / fritchis if you are not going to be doing alot of backcountry. a little heavier but more versatile if you are skiing in bounds on those skis. you can find good used trekkers for less than $100.

I started AT on Fritschis when I was skiing 95% inbounds and never had a problem and that includes some drops. I loved the Fritschis. I liked the dukes also in bounds but absolutely hated touring with them mainly because change over with dukes sucks. I am not real picky about stack heights, a little flex or any of the other crap a day or two and I always adjusted just fine. I would take some fritschis over dukes pretty much any day of the week but now I tour about 95%. My .02

Anyone know anywhere to check out some fritschis at a pretty cheap price or at least heavily discounted? Also, another novice question for AT gear. Skins, what are some things that I should look for when purchasing them? Material, length, etc?

Large barons, BNIB, PM an offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbuzz229 View Post
    What would be some of the cons if I was to go with the large?
    -Extra weight every single step up the hill.
    -Climbing bar is not beneath your foot.
    -Longer footprint on ski = bigger dead zone
    -Longer binding = less torsionally rigid
    -Longer binding = more prone to break
    -Heel track scooted way forward = makes you look like a JONG.