Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12
    Quote Originally Posted by MtnRA View Post
    The terrain at Artic Valley and the terrain just outside the proposed boundary at Manitoba Mountain are in different leagues. There are over 350,000 residents within a 2.5 hour drive, including 60,000 or so that have to try by Manitoba Mountain to get to Alyeska.
    I think you underestimate the power of litigation and the cost of insurance. There is a reason Alyeska and Alpenglow don't have open boundary policies. (I would be interested to see how Eyak and Eaglecrest handle their boundaries, EC has similar gnar gnar side country) I think having a local ski hill on the kenai peninsula would be a great asset to the communities. I just think the 4 t bar plan, along with open access to the gnar gnar is pretty ambitious and would be a good way to spend way more money on insurance premiums than the ski area could ever hope to take in. The summit lake area does seem to be the best place on the pennisula for a ski area though, easy drive from pretty much everywhere but homer. And heck people drive to girdwood from homer to ski all the time. I also drive from Eagle River to summit to ski all the time.

The problem with Arctic valley is simply they don't get enough snow. But look at the lift lines at Alpenglow, they are huge on a pow day (ugh) when it snows people go (ugh) heck they can afford to actually pay people now. Summit has pretty consistent snow. Honestly I just wish someone would put a parking lot at the hut and plow the road. Worst part of skinning Manitoba is having to put your skins on at the end of the day to get back to your car.
    Its not that I suck at spelling, its that I just don't care

Manitoba Mountain Ski Area Project-Fall 2015 Update

Hello Manitoba Mountain supporters,

We wanted to touch base with you all to let you know that this project has not fallen completely off of the radar of Mountain Rider's Alliance. Dave Scanlan, MRA Co-Founder and Manitoba Ski Area Project Developer has been down performing as General Manager of Mt Abram Ski Area in Greenwood, Maine for the last two winters learning the ins and outs of ski area operations. During this time, Mt Abram has overhauled their entire snowmaking system, installed the second largest Solar Panel array in the State of Maine and is currently undergoing the largest trail expansionseen on the mountain since the mid 1970’s.

During the last two years communications have continued to flow with Marcus Mueller, Land Manager for the Kenai Peninsula Borough over the land transfer of the base area from the State of Alaska to the Kenai Borough. This process is now in the last stages of completion. The next step for the Kenai Borough is to convene a joint land planning session to designate zoning districts for all of the Borough Lands Selected through the Summit Lake Corridor with the communities of Hope/Sunrise, Cooper Landing and Moose Pass.This will be a collaborative process that will set the tone of any future development.

The Chugach National Forest is also in the final stages of updating the Chugach Forest Plan that sets guidelines for management policies with the Chugach National Forest. You can view the documents created through the various stages of this process. There should be another series of meetings this fall and early winter to allow community input on the draft assessment. The links are all available here or click on the link of the Chugach National Forest website for “Forest Plan Revision”.

Click here for more information on the Manitoba Mountain Ski Area Restoration project.

Once all of these planning processes are finished up, likely next year around this time, we will be reengaging our investment partners that have expressed interest in funding this project and will be taking the next steps in securing the necessary permits and land use authorizations to take the project to the next level.

Wishing you all a very happy and snow filled winter.

probably still not to late to get your hands in
    http://www.ktuu.com/content/news/Com...459352183.html

Home Business Article
    Company receieves $500k grant to build ski area in Hatcher Pass

Hatcher Pass Lodge - Pioneer Peak is in the background. Mark Simpson 4-6-17

By Leroy Polk | Posted: Wed 8:42 AM, Nov 22, 2017

WASILLA, Alaska A company working on developing a downhill and alpine ski area has received a $500,000 grant to help construct a triple chairlift at the new facility in Hatcher Pass.

According to a statement released by representatives of the Hatcher Alpine Xperience, also known as HAX, the grant was awarded by the Mat-Su Health Foundation. In addition to buying a chairlift, the money is intended to fund a part-time executive director for the first phase of the site's construction.

"We are grateful to the Mat-Su Health Foundation for recognizing the value an alpine ski area in Hatcher Pass will bring to the health and wellness of people in the Valley,” said Lousia Branchflower, HAX Board President.

This, after the foundation awarded nearly $5 million in grants to address concerns identified in the Community Health Needs Assessments last year.

In the statement, representatives say that HAX is a volunteer "driven" nonprofit to help aid Valley communities' interest in downhill skiing in the Hatcher Pass area.

The organization is already in an agreement with the borough to operate the ski area, which is still in the early phases involving trail clearing and the construction of warming facilities and chair lift.

The following phase is expected to include the building of parking space and road access. After that, it will be the larger projects of a day lodge and "high-speed quad lift."

No specific target date for the opening of the area was specified.
    off your knees Louie

Let me know when I can start buying unicorn farts

You live in California. There are plenty of unicorn farts there. If you're looking, the best place to find them is silicon valley.

Quote Originally Posted by tbssux View Post
    You live in California. There are plenty of unicorn farts there. If you're looking, the best place to find them is silicon valley.
    What's the unicornfart = bitcoin conversion rate?

'bitcoin' that's another good example. If we're talking unicorn farts, can we add bikeshare companies? Seattle is now filled with neon junkers. I think ventures like Manitoba are cool; it's actually building something, however small. Plenty of challenges, as alluded to in these pages. But good on them for at least trying.

Kind of stupid to install a HS Quad when there are a shit ton of used fixed grip triples and quads available used that would be cheap to buy, install and mostly, maintain.

The cost of an average HS quad is north of 2.5 Million.

Does the area really need that kind of a lift?

Sort of doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post
    Kind of stupid to install a HS Quad when there are a shit ton of used fixed grip triples and quads available used that would be cheap to buy, install and mostly, maintain.

Sort of doubt it.
    good on you for paying attention. they will piss through the 500,000 and still not have a lift. I just put this here as throughout this thread I was telling MRA this was more a reality than Manitoba. MRA could probably help these people. However valley trash are not as hip as Hope or girdwood bros.
    off your knees Louie

Quote Originally Posted by BFD View Post
    good on you for paying attention. they will piss through the 500,000 and still not have a lift. I just put this here as throughout this thread I was telling MRA this was more a reality than Manitoba. MRA could probably help these people. However valley trash are not as hip as Hope or girdwood bros.
    Thanks, we appreciate that

Quote Originally Posted by Not bunion View Post

Sort of doubt it.
    to be fair, the fixed triple is the first phase and the high speed quad is still the pipe dream phase apparently. i'm not entirely clear on where that is in reference to the unicorn fart phase.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by MtnRA View Post
    Thanks, we appreciate that
    Y'all got anymore properties for sale?