Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Clownshoe View Post
    I'm relieved that the intelligent conversation is over and we're back to the tried and true shit slinging
    Perhaps our vituperative friend would like to discuss the bc access at Bridger or Arapaho Basin or Jackson or any number of places that serve hundreds of thousands of skiers per season.

Quote Originally Posted by carpathian View Post
    The Hankin Project is pretty cool.

QFT as well as what is probably the most massive understatement ever posted here.

Keep posting on this project.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

http://www.storknestinn.com/html/packages.htm

Excuse the shameless spam but here is a good image from Brian Hall the guy who made a huge effort to convince all the people and businesses of the valley to work on or give $, materiels, discount chopper time to make Hankin Happen

Meanwhile across the Prince William Sound

Can Skiing Save Valdez, Alaska?

Maybe if Bill Walker would of added saving Valdez to his all Alaska pipeline platform he would of got elected.
    off your knees Louie

I am still waiting for a representative from MRA to explain why south, west, and low is better the north east and high? And why terrain traps are better then aprons? I am looking forward to my first trip to Alaska next January and was hoping someone would take me touring in the dark. i especially like to ski stratugi that sounds like a base drum when you walk on it. Hoping for some 70 mph northerlies to frostbite me so I can go back to my trailor at night, nurse my wounds with some hairy men and watch the weather channel to see the storms burying everything south of Shames.........

^that's funny cuz my understanding is that you had been to AK before
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...ccident-report

and while i'm not speaking as a representative it certainly seems this offers south, west, east, north, high and low, as well as aprons and terrain traps. much like every other resort in the world that offers backcountry access.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

that side of the pass is mostly west. no east. the south drops into a terrain trap and there is a tiny bit of north. As for elevation it is clearly low. fuck en eh I got worked.......... it happens after 1000 or so of these. back to match.com

Quote Originally Posted by shreddacord View Post
    I am still waiting for a representative from MRA to explain why south, west, and low is better the north east and high? And why terrain traps are better then aprons? I am looking forward to my first trip to Alaska next January and was hoping someone would take me touring in the dark. i especially like to ski stratugi that sounds like a base drum when you walk on it. Hoping for some 70 mph northerlies to frostbite me so I can go back to my trailor at night, nurse my wounds with some hairy men and watch the weather channel to see the storms burying everything south of Shames.........
    Why would someone need to take an expert like yourself touring? You seem to know it all. MRA doesn't need to explain shit to an idiot who won't even listen to the locals that ski that stuff!
    The pacifists always lose, because the anti-pacifists kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by shreddacord View Post
    that side of the pass is mostly west. no east. the south drops into a terrain trap and there is a tiny bit of north. As for elevation it is clearly low. fuck en eh I got worked.......... it happens after 1000 or so of these. back to match.com
    i'm hearing good things about plentyoffish these days, which should be more your style.

plenty of fish is all sluts maybe Ak poque could even get laid on that sight........

you say that like it's a bad thing.
    i was just referring to your affinity for trout.

Dave is a good kid....he has been talking about something like this for a long time. Visited him in Hope back in 2004 and he was talking non-stop about it then.

He is truly one of the hardest working people I have ever met in my life....if anyone can make this happen it is Dave. Best of luck to all involved with this project.

I think Shreddacord then Shames then Zymacord, then Valley of Certain Death then general disgruntlement...

Shred, are you a Terrace skier disgruntled with MRA?? (with all respect to Gary and everything they got going on)

Speaking of which, how does Shames deal with easy access in to assured death in the immediately adjacent 'Valley of Certain Death'?

Project Manager Dave Scanlan Interveiw

Dave discusses the Manitoba Mountain Ski Area Restoration Project with NASJA West President Jerry Hoffman.

MRA Project Manager Dave Scanlan Interview

I am super busy and don't have the time to watch the interview. Does Dave talk of how rescue crews will have a beam me up Scotty device to pull dead skiers out of the death hole so as to not put themselves in harms way?

I am yet to hear a detailed explanation why west south and low on the doorstep to a mega terrain trap is where they wanna be? It's not really up for discussion that that is the choice of terrain. It is those aspects and they are 1500 feet below the top.

I am all for what the MRA is proposing and stands for. The real estate model of ski resort development is retarted, dead, and will never return. Props all around to them for leading the charge is community based, skiercentric, and environmentaly freindly ski hills.
    Last edited by shreddacord; 10-20-2011 at 01:23 PM.

Where do you propose that is higher elevation and has your preferred aspect? Clearly you're more familiar with the area than any of us are.

I don't fucking know!? I am from Montana but can read a map and a compass. The compass says west and south, the map says low, and the juno headwall is a retarted terain trap.

So basically you don't know shit. Are you not aware of alyeska's base elevation? Its a whole lot lower than Manitoba. See alaska isn't like Montana I live at 300 feet and don't get much rain in the winter maybe 3-4 ratings a winter. Like Carpathian said lots of us Alaskans ski south and west aspects a lot because it's sunnier and warmer in the middle of winter. Hell lots of people ski Manitoba/summit pass because it's higher elevation and doesn't get nearly the rain that Turnagain or alyeska gets. In short STFU.

I am also aware that Alyeska sucks! Is Alaska different then Montana? Like no way man........ lots of Alaskans ski lots of mountain in lots of conditions on lots of aspects on lots of different kinds of skis. Just like lots of you ski like shit cuz lots of times you are sitting in caves while lots of rain pours down then lots of wind blows then lots of flat light makes it so lots of time you just have to rub each others hairy backs and try not to get eaten by a grizzly bear and dream of the next road trip to anchoragua to see some pusssy at the bush club. So you all suck at skiing and get no pussy. I win

my fav south aspect is acalopoco, boot straight up that byatch!!!!

What's with all the goddamn hate in this thread?

This is about opening up skiing to more people in more places...that's a good thing

Shred, multiple people have told you that there are multiple aspects to chose from on any given day. It is unforutnate that you are not stoked on south and or west aspects. So ski north and east, because you can off of manitoba mountain.

Shred is starting to grow on me after that last rant. The general digs at AK are pretty classic, I'm waiting with baited breath and hairy palm to see what else he comes up with. I agree, fuck this low elevation pansy shit, I propose a tram from portage rd to the top of carpathien. I'm sure we could find some terrain traps to ski into somewhere up skookum, and since all 5k' are south west facing it should be tits for at least a week or 2 out of the year.

On another note, we need to remember where he's coming from; mid continental snowpack at a medium parallel where sun effect is an issue. Also, he's prolly only been to AK in the late winter to spring so his idea of aspect and it's relation is skewed.

It ok dude, we see why your so fixed in your positive idea of your correctness.

heh, you said "positive idea of your correctness." Can I use that in polyass?

Yo Shred, if you are "from" Montana then surely you have noticed that this far north in Montana we are able to ski south and east terrain mid-winter and have a great time doing so.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"