Moab Ho-Down! Who's in?

Moab Ho-Down

Gonna go to this again for sure. It was awesome last year and will be much better this year since the party will be AFTER both races, which are still on the same day however. But you can rest up for the races and still get your groove on at the costume party.

The DH will be on Amasa Back this year so still a lot of pedaling and probably best ridden on your trail bike. The SD is on LPS again. Really awesome super-D course easily rivaling Dark Hollow IMO.

Also happening are the bike film fest, group rides/shuttles, and the DJ contest on Sunday. Really nice time of year to be in Moab as long as it's not snowing.

Git some!
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

, didn't realize they moved the races to Saturday. Which is awesome, but also sucks b/c I can't take Friday off work. Hmmm. Guess I will just have to go down and have a separate "race practice" weekend!
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

There ya go!

Ashamed to admit this but I rode Amasa Back for the first time yesterday. Stunning weather, snow capped La Sals and a gorgeous lady ripper for company made it one I won't ever forget. If I'm not in Africa that weekend I may very well join the fun.

bummed I won't make it, but I'll be there next week if anyone is around. Anyone know if burro pass is snowy yet?

Rode Lps down yesterday, everything above that is no go as of then.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

good to know. thanks

hey,
    i will be in town for the HoDown, but cant ride anything outside of a parkinglot due to being gimpy. im taking my WFR in moab at the same time and really wish i could be part of the HoDown. worth it or not, im signing up for my ticket.

i would love to meet up with some peeople post rides, or for the costume party and film festival. hit me up via IM or heres my numbre - three one two 502 nine nine 09

Andrew and I will be there Fri mid-day. Camping at Sand flats again. I think a few other friends from JH are coming too

The weather is looking good!
    http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USUT0165

It was all time perfect on Monday.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

I was thinkin Fruita for this weekend since I haven't been yet, but this sounds tough to pass up! How hard is it to find camping last minute this time of year?

I've been sitting on my ass, drinking beer and dirt jumping for the past 6 weeks. And I'm getting over a cold/flu/something this week.

Going to be my best race EVAR!

But what the hell, it'll still be a blast. I might have to skip Amassa though and save what little energy I have for the StupidD.
    I'm so hardcore, I'm gnarcore.

We're just doing the super-d too. more time for other rides then.

On the fence on the "DH", gonna ride it in the morning and see what I think. See y'all tomorrow!

Live free, Sandflats rd might fill up by tomorrow night but there's lots of other, and free camping around. Gonna do Willow Creek rd by sovereign trail tonight.

Got a grey Tundra and a red Intense, ask for change.

Meeting friends from CO on a schedule, so Fruita it is. Thanks Beater, good luck with the race!
    Im moving to PC next week-ish so I'll be lookin to ride then too if the weather is appropriate