Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Greatest sports moment you witnessed live?

Greatest sports moment you witnessed live? And I don't mean on tv.

For me (besides my son's first day on skis), it was game 7 of the ALCS, Yankees vs. Red Sox in 2003. Aaron Boone's walk-off home run.
    The game was so tense that I started to get heart palpitations in the 7th inning.
    And of course, couldn't sleep a wink that night after we got home due to all the adreneline flowing through my veins.
    Gimme five, I'm still alive!
    Ain't no luck, I learned to duck!

9 years old. Changed my life.

"See you tommorow night!"

in 1991 the Twins and Braves played a Game 6 of the World Series that ranks as one of the greatest in baseball history.

With the score tied 3-3 in the 11th inning Charlie Leibrandt served up a walk-off homer to Kirby Puckett as CBS announcer Jack Buck exclaimed: “And we’ll see you … tomorrow night!”

One of the greatest games of all time. One of the greatest home run calls of all time.

I was on the fourth row, about 5 yards away from where he caught that pass. I was literally dragging people back up into the stands so they could finish the last second. Charged the field, got properly drunk after. Definitely one of the best nights I've ever had and far away the best sports moment.

Yankee stadium, Bo vs Deon. http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/po...-knows-amazing Watch the video embedded. Bo is #1 in testimonials from great athletes. (Al Davis in there, although not a great athlete)

Second was Emerson Fittipaldi beating Nigel Mansell at Indy in '93.

Bo ran a 4.12 40 at the nfl combine.

I guess the most significant things was Len Bias' last game at Maryland. Patrick Ewing's first game at Georgetown was pretty big, although I had seen him in high school a couple times. Been to the Super Bowl, World Series, NCAA championships, Indy 500, Kentucky Derby, Stanley Cup finals...hard to say what was bigger than what.

watching michael jordan sink the jazz in game six of the nba finals ranks pretty high up there. really bittersweet. I sat in my seat crying as david stern awarded the bulls the championship trophy.

also, watching the usa sweep mens halfpipe in the 2002 olympics was pretty sweet too.

Trot Nixon hitting an 11th inning homer to keep the sox alive in 2003. Made better because I was planning on watching the game at a bar across from Fenway where my friends were, couldn't get in because they were at capacity, then ran into another friend who was about to walk into the stadium with an extra ticket.

Wife's record is much better. She was at David Cone's perfect game and the Giants superbowl win over the Pats with her dad.

Watching Scott McDonald score a last minute winner for Celtic against AC Milan at Celtic Park.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Yankee stadium, Bo vs Deon. http://espn.go.com/blog/sweetspot/po...-knows-amazing Watch the video embedded. Bo is #1 in testimonials from great athletes. (Al Davis in there, although not a great athlete)
    Bo knows domination. Miss watching that guy for sure.
    I think you have me confused with someone who is far less awesome.

As a hockey player, I always rooted for the Russians, because they played the game properly (without all the North American cheap shot bollocks), but as an American kid during the height of the Cold War, this was pure finger mustache.

Thanks to my father for spending a small fortune on scalped tickets.
    You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness, and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer.

Celtics at Spurs, around 1980 - Bird, falling down, makes a ridiculously impossible shot. More impressive than any dunk I've ever seen.

Game three of the Blazers/Mavs this year. Not that the game was that spectacular in the whole scheme of sports, but watching the Blazers come back from being down 23 at the start of the 4th, with an injured Brandon Roy scoring 18 to win the game, was the single most incredible athletic feat I'd ever seen. To see any given athlete at that level just completely take over a playoff game while his opponents try anything and everything to stop one single player in vain is pretty cool. But fuck the NBA.
    "All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."

AFC Championship game in Denver. "The Fumble" Bobby Orr skating around and through the Blackhawks and doing just about anything he pleased. Amazing!

In 1972 seeing Gump Worsly play old time hockey at the Met Center. As a goalie, it did not get any better. They played the Blackhawks and Tony Esposito was in the nets. I made my mask to mirror his, Tony's that is, Gump did'nt wear one.

Got to see Jordan play a few times. Best was when he scored 47 in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Anxious Mo-Fo View Post

As a hockey player, I always rooted for the Russians, because they played the game properly (without all the North American cheap shot bollocks), but as an American kid during the height of the Cold War, this was pure finger mustache.

Thanks to my father for spending a small fortune on scalped tickets.
    For the win if true. No better sports moment in world history.

Sitting in the stands @ UVA on a Thursday night and seeing the No. 1 Florida State Seminoles get beaten by a no name UVA team. The place was out of control... As out of control as UVA can get at least. That was big, no other ACC team had toppled the then perennial champ seeker FSU.
    "You damn colonials and your herds of tax write off dressage ponies". PNWBrit

Not a big moment for me, but I was there for Tim Tebow's first game, the one where he made that jump pass for a TD.

Paul Tracy and Nigel Mansell going at it in CART at the NH speedway. The 2 were in a trance, and lapped everyone but 3rd place I think. Greatest racing I've ever seen.

not up to the caliber of olympic, MJ, pro ball, etc moments...but the Vols 6 OT win over Arkansas at Neyland circa '02 was memorable.
    water is the driving force of all nature

I was at game 6 in '09 at Yankee Stadium... that was amazing
    www.dpsskis.com
    www.point6.com
    formerly an ambassador for a few others, but the ski industry is... interesting.
    Fukt: a very small amount of snow.

My favorite was watching Tony Hawk trying the first 900 at the '99 X-Games best trick comp. Hawk didn't land in on his first two attempts, but kept coming closer. All the competitors decided to suspend the rules and let him keep trying it until he landed it, which took 8 attempts. It was incredible seeing that kind of sportsmanship and camaraderie from everyone on top of Tony Hawk's effort.

great topic.

I went with my Dad to the game, he tried to get us to leave after the bills kicked the FG but I managed to get him to stay and watch the kickoff from the concourse. Never let him forget it either.

HM: and

I've always wanted to attend a professional baseball no-hitter/perfect game. That has to be amazing to see in person.

We don't have much here in Seattle, but this was one of the best days of my life. Just me and my Dad. The energy was amazing.