WTB: Apple iPhone

It's a long story, but I lost my phone yesterday. Looking to replace it with an 8gb 3GS or 3G. AT&T is my carrier making an unlocked phone unnecessary.

Is anyone holding?
    Last edited by GBB; 10-09-2011 at 10:47 AM.

Have a white 16G 3G in good condition with screen protector and case thats collecting dust. Not unlocked, has some apps and music but I can wipe it all....lmk if you're keen and just shoot me an offer, no clue what these are going for...

I'm replacing my 3GS with the 4S once it comes out. Not sure you want to wait that long though...

I have a 16gb black 3GS. I was planning on selling it to ebay, if you can buy it for somewhere around their price ($130) then you can most likely have it.

If you can wait until Friday, the 3Gs (8GB) is free or the iPhone 4 (8GB) is $99 with a new 2-year plan .
    I think you have me confused with someone who is far less awesome.

Sounds like I have the high cost here but I would send you a white 3gs 32GB shipped with original box and accessories and an all black OtterBox Defender for $225 Never dropped out of the case, jailbroken but not unlocked/or standard.

The 3GS is gonna be free once the 4S is out i believe.
    northern lights and southern comfort...

Quote Originally Posted by darkstar1974 View Post
    The 3GS is gonna be free once the 4S is out i believe.
    Really? From almost 3 hours ago...

Quote Originally Posted by advres View Post
    If you can wait until Friday, the 3Gs (8GB) is free or the iPhone 4 (8GB) is $99 with a new 2-year plan .

I have an ATT 8gig 3gs with only a few hours of use on it.
    Selling for a friend, no bullshit.
    Flawless.
    Pic available to email.

Spending money on a 3gs would be stoopid at this point. See Advres' post.

Sorry sellers, but your shit is now worthless.

The 3GS is not going to be free geniuses. It's going to be covered by your phone company when you buy a plan. If you're not eligible for an upgrade, which is what I'm assuming the case is here, then the phone is not free. If you need to buy outside of renewing a plan, you'll pay several hundred bucks (which is why places like Amazon and Ebay are still offering about $200 for a minty 3GS phone on trade-in). Did you think they were going to have a stack of previous gen iphones at every apple store for people to take like dinner mints?

The iphone 3G and 3GS are not worthless. For anyone who wants to use an unlocked phone on another carrier, you still have to buy the phone private party because it is super expensive to purchase an unlocked Iphone from Apple. The free or $99 phones are heavily subsidized by the expensive phone plans they require.

Quote Originally Posted by Wunderkind View Post
    The 3GS is not going to be free geniuses. It's going to be covered by your phone company when you buy a plan. If you're not eligible for an upgrade, which is what I'm assuming the case is here, then the phone is not free. If you need to buy outside of renewing a plan, you'll pay several hundred bucks (which is why places like Amazon and Ebay are still offering about $200 for a minty 3GS phone on trade-in). Did you think they were going to have a stack of previous gen iphones at every apple store for people to take like dinner mints?
    Actually douchehole, I was 100% right. Like I said, with a new contract the phone is zero dollars and the iP4 is $99 (for the 8GB). Of course they aren't just giving away phones, what company has EVER done that? You always get the free phones with a new contract. What a fucking idiot you are!

Actually douchehole, I was 100% right. Like I said, with a new contract the phone is zero dollars and the iP4 is $99 (for the 8GB). Of course they aren't just giving away phones, what company has EVER done that? You always get the free phones with a new contract. What a fucking idiot you are!
    I was replying to the 'your shit is now worthless' comment', but if he was up for a renewal he'd probably be going that route anyways, so you telling him that he can renew and get a free or cheap phone isn't going to be very helpful.

Really? From almost 3 hours ago...
    Sorry for not reading your prior words of wisdom...I saw this post from my phone and was trying to help out. You're a real d-bag
    northern lights and southern comfort...

Quote Originally Posted by darkstar1974 View Post
    Sorry for not reading your prior words of wisdom...I saw this post from my phone and was trying to help out. You're a real d-bag
    Coming from you sweet tits that means a whole bunch. Smooches.

Thanks for all the offers everyone. Turns out my Dad was eligible for an upgrade that he didn't need.