Page 41 of 67 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1668
    and lolz for people whining about crowds, a saturday pow day when we havent' had that much pow...duh! I had a blast today and we managed to avoid crowds for the most part, be nice to go for a walk tomorrow

minus 2 in alpine. was 35 cms or so in windloaded aspects. The storm snow reacts so skipped plans to send the NE face of Fissile switch to glacier today

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    That stupid show Destroyed in Seconds which airs clips of train wrecks, car wrecks, natural disasters and stuff blowing up, should do an episode at W/B on a holiday weekend pow day like today. Pooof... it's all gone in the blink of the eye! Vollie patrol gangbanged Ruby bowl. I was the 1st paying customer in and it had been slayed! Pro patrol I can see for sure without question, but vollies!? Come on... Anyone else see the bowling alley on spankys when they cracked it? Comedy in motion. Husume/poop chutes was about as good as it gets. Consistant creamy pow top to bottom with no sluffage!
    poop chutes via stairmaster or just from the traverse. Husume would have been all time.

Top of Cowboy Ridge last weekend, twas nice.

Thanks for the weather links and real skiing stoke guys. Glad you guys are getting sum. Craving this trip badly.

Hating you all so much right now... my slow ass pops is here so no skinning for me!

Had a great day yesterday doing laps on flute. One of the best days in recent memory. Great snow, periods of good vis. First time in a long time where I've skied a full pitch without crossing a track.

It was definitely nice to ski some quality pow yesterday. Got a few great runs on Fraggle in the morning. Popped a soft slab of all the storm snow in that little pocket skier's left half way down False Face (what is that line called anyway). Next run when I went over to Spanky's there was still a huge queue of people waiting, so I skied past the line to the second sketchier bootpack which no one was taking. Some tard aussie with a GoPro and bad teeth started talking shit to me about skipping the queue and didn't get it that there are two ways up and that people taking the second one don't make the wait any longer for those in line for the main bootpack. Just laughed and continued on my day, thinking how frustrated he sounded.

Anyone have any thoughts on the Whistler Heli Skiing operation? Mainly the type of terrain offered? I'm struggling with the decision to drop a grand and the movies/photos on their site aren't really selling me.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    and lolz for people whining about crowds, a Saturday pow day when we havent' had that much pow...duh! I had a blast today and we managed to avoid crowds for the most part, be nice to go for a walk tomorrow
    Plus it's President's Day weekend which I didn't know. Supposedly the second busiest time at WB. Still a great powderlicious day!

Whistler Heli is a good operation, but it is definately your traditional low angle heli ski stuff. If that's what you're looking for, the guides are great and the tenure is gigantic. But it's definately not an AK style operation where you will ski anything gnarly.

Quote Originally Posted by rometheworld View Post
    Anyone have any thoughts on the Whistler Heli Skiing operation? Mainly the type of terrain offered? I'm struggling with the decision to drop a grand and the movies/photos on their site aren't really selling me.

Thanks,
    If you can't lawn dart into a picnic lunch, you're not going to ski it.

RIP Jim Jack... The mayor had strong Whistler ties and was a real pioneer in the freeskiing comp scene. Jim will be missed greatly by many. Gonna go rip a comp line off chainsaw tomorrow in hizohner...

Quote Originally Posted by rometheworld View Post

Thanks,
    youd be better off be-friending a maggot and have him show you some slack country in exchange for beer.

Mags of whistler... I am driving out for some midweek skiing this wed/thurs.

It would be much appreciated if I could get some beta on the surrounding slack country. Will be with a couple boarders, but even a lap or 2 would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by gramboh View Post
    Next run when I went over to Spanky's there was still a huge queue of people waiting, so I skied past the line to the second sketchier bootpack which no one was taking. Some tard aussie with a GoPro and bad teeth started talking shit to me about skipping the queue and didn't get it that there are two ways up and that people taking the second one don't make the wait any longer for those in line for the main bootpack. Just laughed and continued on my day, thinking how frustrated he sounded.
    Some fucktard was trying to toss a ski in friends faces as we were doing the same. Had people LOSING it, telling us "You're not allowed to do that, get behind me buddy!" yeah - fucking watch me, pal. As much as this made me want to strangle someone, I managed to get 3rd track down high entrance Ruby in the sun. Amazing weekend, Khyber was fantastic today too, sheeeeit. Here's hoping March delivers like it usually does!

Snowbeard approves.

Deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    Some fucktard was trying to toss a ski in friends faces as we were doing the same. Had people LOSING it, telling us "You're not allowed to do that, get behind me buddy!" yeah - fucking watch me, pal. As much as this made me want to strangle someone, I managed to get 3rd track down high entrance Ruby in the sun. Amazing weekend, Khyber was fantastic today too, sheeeeit. Here's hoping March delivers like it usually does!
    Who'd have thought it was annoying for someone to skip the line when people have waited

Used to be civilised in the spankeys lineup. Not any more. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by JimLad View Post
    Who'd have thought it was annoying for someone to skip the line when people have waited

Used to be civilised in the spankeys lineup. Not any more. Sad.
    If I'm headed left and using the other bootpack, what's the big deal? Some guy was bunging everything up. I'm not getting in on the main.

why would you join queue of people flailing trying to get a simple bootpack, when you go straight up the one right next to it.

that situation has been the same for as long as i can remember. I was randomnly behind Pehota in the main line when team poutine went flying by and started the second bootpack. some guy in front of us was tweaking, make a bunch of noise. He was quickly told to stop getting his panties in a knot. In all reality, if you go that way, chances are you know where you are going and the people yelling at you will be the people standing around gaping wondering how they can get down...

Little late coming but a friend and I went for a walk into the provincial park last Wednesday and had a nice time.

^ that looks great! I'm jealous I won't be up there... Anyone know how Red Mountain is this season? Or heard a forecast for the week?

Pretty fun valentines/presidents weekend even with the crowds... Threw together some clips we got on saturday... nothing special, just some rare sun poking through early morning!

No need to comment on the skiing, I had some fresh stitches in my lip from the day before and wasn't ready to go balls out

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwhis View Post
    why would you join queue of people flailing trying to get a simple bootpack, when you go straight up the one right next to it.

that situation has been the same for as long as i can remember. I was randomnly behind Pehota in the main line when team poutine went flying by and started the second bootpack. some guy in front of us was tweaking, make a bunch of noise. He was quickly told to stop getting his panties in a knot. In all reality, if you go that way, chances are you know where you are going and the people yelling at you will be the people standing around gaping wondering how they can get down...
    Seriously. Even I figured it out and it was my time at Whistler. I thought we decided the rule is that taking the second (and really not that much sketchier, since you're not going to have a gaper fall on you) bootpack is totally fine, but if you try to join the main bootpack from the second one, you deserve to get pushed over down the slope.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeze View Post
    Seriously. Even I figured it out and it was my time at Whistler. I thought we decided the rule is that taking the second (and really not that much sketchier, since you're not going to have a gaper fall on you) bootpack is totally fine, but if you try to join the main bootpack from the second one, you deserve to get pushed over down the slope.
    It's the same concept as driving on the freeway. The right side is for people doing the speed limit and the left lane is for passing. That being said, people who go left better be able to fucking run up that bootpack with all their gear whether it's ice, deep snow or you will get heckled.

Quote Originally Posted by Tupp- View Post
    ^ that looks great! I'm jealous I won't be up there... Anyone know how Red Mountain is this season? Or heard a forecast for the week?

Pretty fun valentines/presidents weekend even with the crowds... Threw together some clips we got on saturday... nothing special, just some rare sun poking through early morning!

No need to comment on the skiing, I had some fresh stitches in my lip from the day before and wasn't ready to go balls out

Sweet video, thx for the stoke!