Page 55 of 67 FirstFirst ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1668
    Quote Originally Posted by GoNads View Post
    If you didn't make it up today... uber fail.
    stupid being responsible and meeting with clients.....

Yup today was dope. Got first down gun barrels it was deeep

What time did they get the alpine open?

Awesome again.

Does anyone know what was happening with the heli by the peak around 2:15? Was flying around with a person hanging atleast 100 feet down and the heli was flying fast. Loked like a scary ride.

Peak opened around 11, Harmony was earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    stupid being responsible and meeting with clients.....
    I would have given one of my ovaries if it meant not missing today. Just sayin'. Days like today are few and far between.

Harmony was 10:30 and it was DEEP!

Oh Todd, I thought about you and if you were going to be sessioning Kyber pass all day!

Super dead in the morning, everyone was out for the alpine opening though! We decided to have lunch at 12:30 to see if the lines would die down and they didn't but the roundhouse was DEAD!

I think we'll be touring tomorrow. Inbounds is DONE.
    Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

7th Heaven went around 10ish. False face was stoopid deep. Munching snow the whole way down. Ruby was more of the same not long after. Blackcomb was pretty dead, everyone must have been over on Whistler. The topping on the cake was 1st tracks down DOA with the sun making a brief appearance for our descent. Unreal. Had a bit of a scare last run. Navigating the big whups on chainsaw ridge above false face in a whiteout and slammed hard at speed into a big whup that I didn't see. Got totally bucked and was heading down false face backwards over the exposure. Did some superhuman recovery to spin myself around, but pulled my calf muscle in the process. I guess a muscle pull is better than turbo starfishing over rocks all the way down. Who knows how that ends up!? I think god is telling me to take a few days off!
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    7th Heaven went around 10ish. False face was stoopid deep. Munching snow the whole way down. Ruby was more of the same not long after. Blackcomb was pretty dead, everyone must have been over on Whistler. The topping on the cake was 1st tracks down DOA with the sun making a brief appearance for our descent. Unreal. Had a bit of a scare last run. Navigating the big whups on chainsaw ridge above false face in a whiteout and slammed hard at speed into a big whup that I didn't see. Got totally bucked and was heading down false face backwards over the exposure. Did some superhuman recovery to spin myself around, but pulled my calf muscle in the process. I guess a muscle pull is better than turbo starfishing over rocks all the way down. Who knows how that ends up!? I think god is telling me to take a few days off!
    Who's this God dude?
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Powder

dave - thank you for telling us about this wonderful whistler place! We made the roadtrip and like you said it was actually a pretty fun little resort

^^ whoa dude, glad you got away with a sore calf!

So peak line was retardedly long today, longest I've seen in the past couple of weeks.
    But was retardedly good. The usual entertainment was going on off the cliffs and some dude comes maching into a high point above the waterfall and trees and sends the biggest air I've seen there, must have gone 60+ feet, huge hang time, lands on his back in a crater and is buried. Everyone is just waiting to see movement, and something does eventually move but not much, so a couple of guys scramble up to him and start digging him out. They dug for at least 10 minutes creating a massive hole. It would make sense if the heli came for him I guess. Hope he's alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-R View Post
    ^^ whoa dude, glad you got away with a sore calf!

So peak line was retardedly long today, longest I've seen in the past couple of weeks.
    But was retardedly good. The usual entertainment was going on off the cliffs
    Saw some good action off Air Jordan! One guy landed the first landing on his back, managed to get around and landed the second part! wow.

I think there was an incident in the Christmas trees area that the heli came for. Hope it ended well.
    Looking to ride the shore but don't know where to go?

Get a copy of the Locals Guide to North Shore Rides!

Follow MTB Trails on Twitter

Follow Sharon and Lee on Twitter

The 2:15 heli seemed to be for a guy stuck above a cliff band in the hollywood area. Sketchy longline in low viz... hope it all ended ok for the dood. Also, vibes for the guy mentioned above who went an estimated 80 feet off the skiers left lip on peakchair waterfall. Definitely biggest I've ever seen there, but not a lot of movement. Patrol went with a sled to help. I hope the guy is ok. Otherwise epic day on Whistler, although it sounds like blackcomb would've been a good call. Busy.

Quote Originally Posted by skiingnow View Post
    Saw some good action off Air Jordan! One guy landed the first landing on his back, managed to get around and landed the second part! wow.

I think there was an incident in the Christmas trees area that the heli came for. Hope it ended well.
    I managed to get the camera out in time to shoot if from the line.. We will see later if it actually turned out but agreed it was awesome!

Best week ever. 10 days straight...and counting - Couldn't resist posting these screenshots... We've got an epic video coming!

Quote Originally Posted by rugbydave View Post
    Who's this God dude?

he is the GSA
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-R View Post
    But was retardedly good. The usual entertainment was going on off the cliffs and some dude comes maching into a high point above the waterfall and trees and sends the biggest air I've seen there, must have gone 60+ feet, huge hang time, lands on his back in a crater and is buried. Everyone is just waiting to see movement, and something does eventually move but not much, so a couple of guys scramble up to him and start digging him out. They dug for at least 10 minutes creating a massive hole. It would make sense if the heli came for him I guess. Hope he's alright.
    Holy hell! Danger, glory, drama - this story has it all. Thats gotta be spooky stunt to witness.

Hearing about this storm cycle has me stoked out of my gourd. Keep the tap on for another couple weeks!
    "My geode must be acknowledged"

Quote Originally Posted by nickel View Post
    The 2:15 heli seemed to be for a guy stuck above a cliff band in the hollywood area. Sketchy longline in low viz... hope it all ended ok for the dood. Also, vibes for the guy mentioned above who went an estimated 80 feet off the skiers left lip on peakchair waterfall. Definitely biggest I've ever seen there, but not a lot of movement. Patrol went with a sled to help. I hope the guy is ok. Otherwise epic day on Whistler, although it sounds like blackcomb would've been a good call. Busy.
    My son saw that one. He said the guy was a strong skier but came in really hot off the top and the wind took him for a ride like a ski jumper. He estimated 70 feet & he's not one to overstate drops. Scary stuff indeed.

Terrific day to cap off a terrific week. XC or backcountry today. Inbounds is done.

*** yeeeah Tupp!

Quote Originally Posted by rugbydave View Post
    Who's this God dude?
    actually, I recall you jinxing me at lunch, ya fucker!
    Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature... Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. -Helen Keller

Unofficial\s video of yesterday including that pretty epic Air Jordan save

Quote Originally Posted by Tupp- View Post
    This shot sums up the storm cycle for me. Nice one!

I wonder what happened to the folks that used to actually stomp air jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    I wonder what happened to the folks that used to actually stomp air jordan.
    I guess they got sick of people completely destroying the landing within 5 minutes of peak chair opening and went somewhere else less popular.